Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineYthanA
į••( į› )į•—
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Linux: A European threat to our computers
    #5565995 - 04/28/06 04:13 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006/04/linux-european-threat-to-our-computers.html

Like most things that are worth owning, Computers are an American invention. Look at any modern computer and you will see that the whole thing is the product of American brilliance.

For example, this rugged IBM laptop I am using was designed and built by an American company. It runs software built by Microsoft, one of America's most productive organizations. My computer does everything I could possibly want: I can do my work, submit my taxes and even search the Bible.

Like all the greatest American engineering, it's an example of innovation that makes a growing group of European and Chinese hackers jealous. They hate our lead in computing technology and will stop at nothing until they have control of all of our computers.

I'm talking about a project called 'Linux', something you may not have encountered, but might do some day.
It's a computer program that was initially developed in Finland as a means of circumventing valuable copyrights and patents owned by an American company called SCO Group.

Unlike Windows, which is a mature commercial product which is normally included with every new computer, Linux is given away. Now it may not sound like much of a problem, after all there is very little profit in merely giving a product away.

This would be certainly true were in not for the Linux project's seductive Marxist ideology and the effect that it has on 'Blue-State' liberals. Indeed, Linux is so pervasive amongst the blue states and many liberal universities that a leading computer expert Steve Balmer (from Microsoft) described Linux as cancer.

The American software industry is worth more than $7 Billion; Introducing a foreign product like Linux which is often copied for free could threaten that entire industry. A generation of computer users might get use to accepting foreign software hand-outs rather than paying for a superior American products. If only the danger were just to our economy:

These days computers control everything from TV stations to battleships; Our crucial information and defense infrastructure is built on computer technology. If we allow this cancer into our networks, there is no knowing what the effect might be on our infrastructure, but that is just what liberals are trying to do.

Imagine if the State of the Union address were hacked because the TV station decided to save money by using Linux? Imagine if a stealth-bomber crashed because it's software was written by anonymous Chinese or European hackers. It would make as much sense as inviting the French to come over and take over the White-House.

And guess what software Osama Bin Laden uses on his laptop?

If you guessed it was Linux you would be 100% right. Osama uses Linux because he knows designed to counterfit DVDs, curcumventing the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, and defraud companies like Disney.

Next time somebody asks you how Al Queda agents pay for their rifles and rocket launchers, you can tell them that foreign hackers make software called Linux which helps them steal from Americans.

This Linux problem is a growing issue, and one that conservative Americans cannot afford to ignore. Fortunately Microsoft have prepared a great deal of information to help computer users get away from this menace. But there is something you can do to help keep American #1 in the computer business:

If one of your friends is using Linux or may be tempted to try it show them this article. Explain that Linux is a genuine threat and that by using it they may be opening their computer to Chinese hackers.

If you see a company using Linux, it may be that they have not paid for this software. Report them to the Business Software Alliance who have the legal authority to inspect any company's computers for illegal programs like Linux.

Finally, remember to include Linux users in your prayers tonight. As individuals we may not be able to change people's minds, but the Bible teaches that God can make any sinner repent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Linux: A European threat to our computers [Re: Ythan]
    #5566006 - 04/28/06 04:26 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

That guy's website is hilarious.

I particularly love his choice of illustration showing evil liberals engaging in oral sex.

:rofl:

I've gotten my fill of laughs today just from browsing that website.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

InvisibleDarkcloud
‮tiwkcuFtsilihiN
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #5566007 - 04/28/06 04:29 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
:poison: :poison: :poison:

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #5566047 - 04/28/06 05:30 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:

495 Comments:

At Thursday, April 20, 2006 1:23:25 AM, Shelley said...

Hi Tristan.
    Thanks for your article.
    I agree once again.
    The name alone (LINUX) sounds kind of queer to me!
    It's just some primitive European substitute for a real operation system like the mighty Windows XP.
    Also I would like to mention that Apple's 'Mac Os X' is a real threat, too. This damn extrem leftwing company is giving millions to the democ-rats!!!
    Also I suspect that this Mac OS is sending personal information to Apple and other communist companies and organizations!
    Kindest of regards,
    Shelley

At Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:49:38 AM, Tristan Shuddery said...

Thanks for posting my article Shelley; I submitted this to the mainstream IT press, but none of them wanted to know. It's shocking to learn that the same liberal bias that infects mainstream news-sources also affects the technical press.

Yes, Linux is a primative European clone; It is much less capable than Windows. In fact it omits features that were standard in Windows back in 1998; For example Linux has no built-in anti-virus or anti-spyware software.

You cannot even buy popular utilities like Norton Security to compensate for this fact. There are no tools for common tasks like defragging a hard disk. God knows what you would use to send a fax or make a website. You cannot even get Front Page for Linux.

Linux is that bad; The only explaination I can think for people using it is that it by-passes the protection given by American companies and the Dept of Homeland Security. It should be considered a terrorist program.

Tristan

Is this real???

It sounds to me like incredibly vitriolic satire.

It gave me quite a chuckle.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Linux: A European threat to our computers [Re: OJK]
    #5566061 - 04/28/06 06:07 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

it sure is funny...
only i've heard rants like these befor! (linux the new jew? :rofl2: )

even if it's just a joke the fect is that the US really does look at things in this crooked self rightuse (SP?) way! they often forget to mention that these programs are also being used to make money off of YOUR bacl and on YOUR expense... being used to make profit rather then progress?

maybe i'm just delutional but no more then this artical :grin:

/me is a proude terrorist :tongue:

(now i feel all paranoide... some CIA/FBI agent is gonna take a look at my post and send the mosad on my ass :paranoid:)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Linux: A European threat to our computers [Re: Simisu]
    #5566455 - 04/28/06 09:58 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Wow... guess the guy missed the stamp on the bottom of his think pad that said "Maid in China". For those that missed it, IBM sold their PC division to a Chinese company, Lenovo, for $1.25 billion last year. [1]

Quote:

I'm talking about a project called 'Linux', something you may not have encountered, but might do some day. It's a computer program that was initially developed in Finland as a means of circumventing valuable copyrights and patents owned by an American company called SCO Group.

Linux is based off of Unix, BSD unix to be specific, which was an educational release of Unix first released over twenty years ago by Berkeley, located in the United States. SCO didn't exist until 1979[2], well after the release of BSD Unix. Unix SYS-V was owned by AT&T and eventually sold to Novell who in turn sold it to SCO. However, the BSD Unix flavor had been in open source for decades by the time this occured.

[1] http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2005-07-24-lenovo-cover_x.htm
[2] http://www.caldera.com/company/history.html

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Linux: A European threat to our computers [Re: Seuss]
    #5567725 - 04/28/06 05:44 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Wow... guess the guy missed the stamp on the bottom of his think pad that said "Maid in China".  For those that missed it, IBM sold their PC division to a Chinese company, Lenovo, for $1.25 billion last year. [1]

Quote:

I'm talking about a project called 'Linux', something you may not have encountered, but might do some day.  It's a computer program that was initially developed in Finland as a means of circumventing valuable copyrights and patents owned by an American company called SCO Group.

Linux is based off of Unix, BSD unix to be specific, which was an educational release of Unix first released over twenty years ago by Berkeley, located in the United States.  SCO didn't exist until 1979[2], well after the release of BSD Unix.  Unix SYS-V was owned by AT&T and eventually sold to Novell who in turn sold it to SCO.  However, the BSD Unix flavor had been in open source for decades by the time this occured.

[1] http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2005-07-24-lenovo-cover_x.htm
[2] http://www.caldera.com/company/history.html

You should send an e-mail to the website's owner informing him about his PC made by the hard-working chinese. I'd love to see his reply :grin:

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

InvisibletrendalM
Jā™ 
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #5567731 - 04/28/06 05:45 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

:rofl2:

That's all I have to say about this.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #5568643 - 04/28/06 09:42 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

that would be funny..were it not for the fact that many..if not most..americans actually believe such bullshit...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Linux: A European threat to our computers [Re: Annapurna1]
    #5569265 - 04/29/06 12:22 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

thats just fucking hilarious.... for a second i thought it was serious... hahahaha

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#5569420 - 04/29/06 01:34 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

And guess what software Osama Bin Laden uses on his laptop?

If you guessed it was Linux you would be 100% right. Osama uses Linux because he knows designed to counterfit DVDs, curcumventing the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, and defraud companies like Disney.

Next time somebody asks you how Al Queda agents pay for their rifles and rocket launchers, you can tell them that foreign hackers make software called Linux which helps them steal from Americans.

:lol:

Offlinenektar61S
Into SporePlay
Female Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Cube Satellite
    #26897585 - 08/24/20 05:51 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

This reads like parody. Maybe it's just an example of Poe's Law.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Also, update, many years later: almost everything runs on Linux. Even devices used by people who've never heard of Linux.

But there do seem to be more commies running around lately.

Posted over TOR on Linux.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Linux: A European threat to our computers [Re: nektar61] * 1
    #26898826 - 08/25/20 01:37 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Everything ran on linux when this was posted 15 years ago as well. Trust your gut if you think it reads like a parody :laugh:

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

InvisiblePsilyZee
I'm a teapot

Loc: Neptune
Re: Linux: A European threat to our computers [Re: tak]
    #26925327 - 09/08/20 08:58 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Laughing my arse off as i read this on my ubuntu system.

--------------------
"The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight." - Joseph Campbell

Cops are always trying to buy stuff from you that you arent even selling. You may have better luck at goodwill.

Have a cookie, its on me .

:cookiemonster:

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags