Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Loc: DF DUBS
penis envy with b-strain
    #5564213 - 04/27/06 07:32 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

This might seem really dumb. I am trying to figure out if I can grow b-strain and penis envy together in the same terrarium. They will be apart but in the same enclosure. I have been studying allot and I can't find anything about it. Any advise is much appreciated. Also is PE as low in potency as I have been reading. One last thing, I am leaning toward the air pumping into the jug of watter meathod of maintianing humidity. Any advice on that? Is it sufficient in anyones experience? What if I run 2, each on opposit sides? Thanks for any info.

--------------------
"I'm sofa king we todd did." ~ Rick James

Edited by 2manytrips (04/27/06 10:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
Re: penis envy with b-strain [Re: HoleSnype]
    #5564252 - 04/27/06 07:41 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

there's no reason you can't have two cakes/casings of different strains in the same terrarium. PE is an excellent strain.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: penis envy with b-strain [Re: Solidcell]
    #5564282 - 04/27/06 07:47 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

That is good because I ordered both and couldn't decide which one to grow 1st. This will be my 1st time and I am truly thrilled and can't wait. Thanks.

--------------------

Invisibleshymanta
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

#5566089 - 04/28/06 06:47 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

PE is strong... from everything I hear about it.

Offlinefungus_among_us
PhriendlyMycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #5566934 - 04/28/06 12:57 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

My terrarium has cakes of four or five different strains in it. The only think that sucks is I don't which one is which. Doesn't matter though. Me and my roommates end up eating most of them before I can even dry them.

--------------------

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: penis envy with b-strain [Re: fungus_among_us]
    #5566973 - 04/28/06 01:15 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

That is realy good to know. I should be getting my spores any day now. I just hope the dual air pump humidifier method is the right choice. It definately looks to be the easiest. I also noticed I posted these questions in the wrong forum. If I could figure out how to undo it I would. Sorry for any upsets.

--------------------

Edited by 2manytrips (04/28/06 02:14 PM)

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Loc: Australia
    #5567132 - 04/28/06 02:17 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

the first time i did cakes, i did exactly what you want to do, except i just fanned my cakes.

good luck with your grow. and dont be unorganized like dude above :tongue:  make sure you label your jars and put one strain on one side and the other on the other side of your fruiting chamber. mark each side with a colored marker or something to remember which side is which. This way you can take prints and not have to worry about trading the wrong strain if you decide to.

--------------------

always remember.... to respect the fungus!:awesomenod::inlove3:

OfflineSerani
Stranger
Re: penis envy with b-strain [Re: Mushroom_Mike]
    #5567198 - 04/28/06 02:51 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

As far as I know, PE's are not particularly strong nor weak; I believe they have a base-high of 1% psilocybin, which is a good average if they're grown properly.

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: penis envy with b-strain [Re: Serani]
    #5567838 - 04/28/06 06:23 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Mike, I just put that in my notes. I don't know anything about getting prints but I will definately look into it.

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #5584601 - 05/03/06 06:35 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

2manytrips said:
That is realy good to know. I should be getting my spores any day now. I just hope the dual air pump humidifier method is the right choice. It definately looks to be the easiest.

It is neither the easiest nor the best. Using perlite for humidification is far easier, cheaper, has much less chance of failure, and produces better results IMHO.

-FF

--------------------
It drinks the alcohol and abstains from the weed or else it gets the hose again. -Chemy

The difference between the substances doesn't matter. This is a war on consciousness, on our right to the very essence of what we are. With no control over that, we have no need to speak of freedom or a free society. -fireseed

"If we are going to have a war on marijuana, the least we can do is pull the sick and the dying off the battlefield." -Neal Levine (MPP)

I find the whole "my drug should be legal but yours should be illegal" mindset disgusting and hypocritical. It's what George Bush and company do when they drink a cocktail and debate the best way to imprison marijuana users. -Diploid

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #5587433 - 05/03/06 07:44 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

kmkmmk

--------------------

Edited by Zen Peddler (02/02/07 03:06 AM)

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: penis envy with b-strain [Re: fastfred]
    #5587754 - 05/03/06 08:54 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

2manytrips is going to use perlite. 2manytrips is going to put the bubble wands on the sides and have the cakes about 2" apart in the center. The outside of the bottom is recessed so the wands will sit down there nicely. This way 2manytrips don't have to fan or worry about the humidity and 2manytrips can keep the water level low and still cover the wands completely. (one of my friends) picked up some dung that had some myc. on it a few days ago and put it in a similar set-up and they are starting to pin. Nothing major but there are 5 or 6. I will get the camera tomorrow and send pics. What do you think of the perlite/bubbler? 2manytrips is going to keep a few cakes in separate Tupperware with perlite to make sure he don't risk them all. Thanks for the advice.

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #5593173 - 05/05/06 08:16 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

A bubbler might help if you like to fan alot. I don't think it's necessary IMHO. I think fanning is way overrated. A CO2 drainage hole stuffed with polyfill seems to work just fine. You really don't need to fan at all then.

-FF

--------------------
It drinks the alcohol and abstains from the weed or else it gets the hose again. -Chemy

The difference between the substances doesn't matter. This is a war on consciousness, on our right to the very essence of what we are. With no control over that, we have no need to speak of freedom or a free society. -fireseed

"If we are going to have a war on marijuana, the least we can do is pull the sick and the dying off the battlefield." -Neal Levine (MPP)

I find the whole "my drug should be legal but yours should be illegal" mindset disgusting and hypocritical. It's what George Bush and company do when they drink a cocktail and debate the best way to imprison marijuana users. -Diploid

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale