Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
How is prejudice against corporations different from prejudice against any other group of people?
    #5547022 - 04/23/06 10:23 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

A corporation is a group of people. How is it different to be prejudiced against them as opposed to being prejudiced against balcks, jews, gays or fatties?

I mean if there'a a specific corporation that practices business in a way you find unethical, that's one thing, but some people here just seem prejudiced against all corporations no matter what their business practices are.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: How is prejudice against corporations different from prejudice against any other group of people? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #5547082 - 04/23/06 11:00 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

It isn't different. It is prejudiced thinking that is influenced by ideology.

For example, you see people rail against police brutality or corporate shenanigans when the amount of people in those two communities that are committing infractions are very small. Yet, these same people don't harp upon the excessively high rate of violent crime committed by black males.

Ideology causes a person to selectively pick their targets and to conveniently ignore other group's transgressions.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: How is prejudice against corporations different from prejudice against any other group of people [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #5547246 - 04/23/06 12:14 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not prejudiced against a corporation as a group of people, but I am against treating a corporation as a legal person.

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: How is prejudice against corporations different from prejudice against any other group of people [Re: Silversoul]
    #5547258 - 04/23/06 12:18 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
I'm not prejudiced against a corporation as a group of people, but I am against treating a corporation as a legal person.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: How is prejudice against corporations different from prejudice against any other group of people [Re: Silversoul]
    #5548190 - 04/23/06 05:15 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Does that mean you're against taxing them as a legal person?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: How is prejudice against corporations different from prejudice against any other group of people [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #5548372 - 04/23/06 06:03 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Does that mean you're against taxing them as a legal person?

Sure. I'd be happy if they just taxed the income of the individuals within it(though I'd favor abandoning even this if it was replaced by a land value tax).

--------------------

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: How is prejudice against corporations different from prejudice against any other group of people? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #5549906 - 04/24/06 01:02 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
A corporation is a group of people. How is it different to be prejudiced against them as opposed to being prejudiced against balcks,  jews, gays or fatties?

The answer to this question seems so obvious to me that its going to be hard to answer  :confused: but I'll try.

A corporation is an organization that you choose to enter. Black skin is something you are born with.

Moreover, if I find out that Coca Cola is assasinating union leaders in plants in El Salvador, it makes sense that I would be prejudiced against someone who works for coke as they have a direct involvement with their company. It betrays a lack of intelligence to be prejudiced against all black people when one of them commits  homicide because the link between the black murderer and the rest of the black people in the world is circumstantial.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5549956 - 04/24/06 01:34 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

A corporation is a group of people. How is it different to be prejudiced against them as opposed to being prejudiced against balcks, jews, gays or fatties?

I don't think anyone is prejudiced against corporations. It's the things the corporation does in order to maximise short-term profit at the expense of everything else that people find offensive.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #5550528 - 04/24/06 09:26 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Blind corporate hate?

You must be talking about hippies...

The facts are that the people complaining about corporations
are only able to do so because they could drive a corporate
made car to the corporate store to buy a corporate made
computer and plug it into corporately provided internet access.

It's just a business concept, one that helps promote economic
activity.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: How is prejudice against corporations different from prejudice against any other group of people [Re: afoaf]
    #5550546 - 04/24/06 09:32 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

profits over people. disliking the corporate concept is not like having a problem with blacks, its more like having a problem with greed.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: How is prejudice against corporations different from prejudice against any other group of people [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5550563 - 04/24/06 09:37 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

what's wrong with greed?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: How is prejudice against corporations different from prejudice against any other group of people [Re: afoaf]
    #5550627 - 04/24/06 10:05 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

LOL I think that may be better suited for another thread entirely...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #5551181 - 04/24/06 01:56 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

It sounds like an acceptable double standard. We hate prejudice but we also hate people affiliated with corporations.

No one seems to mind the prejudice if ethnicity and culture are abscent from it.

Im against corporate pay offs and lobbying, but I dont hate anyone associated with corporations. Id work for a corporation if the pay was better than the alternative.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

OfflineHorza
Stranger
Re: How is prejudice against corporations different from prejudice against any other group of people [Re: AaronEvil]
    #5558466 - 04/26/06 12:19 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Most people don't hate the people who are part of corporation, but the corporation itself and maybe the people who control how it is run.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates