Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Girlfriend's mom is engaged
    #5543824 - 04/22/06 11:42 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

... I'm likely going to see her soon, what the fuck do I say? What do I say to my girlfriend, she doesn't even know what to think. Her mom put her on the spot last night and they got into an arguement. Her mom said that she should feel happy for her, and my gf didn't appreciate hearing this news after a shitty day of work and being put on the spot.

Here's the deal, my mom's been dating this guy for like 6 months. They're so fucking gushy and lovely dovey that it makes me want to puke. Admittedly, I've been sort of like this in the past and in previous relationships, but now my balls dropped. You can still be madly in love, still put it out there, but not want people to hate you. I think they're getting so caught up in the moment all the time that once they just chill with eachother, do some dishes or scratch their ass on the couch, they're going to wonder "who's that stranger sitting across from me". I'm happy for them, but I think that her mom's acting like a huge wind bag. She's too "fake", too perky and always excited when her bf keith is over.

Her bf's a great guy. Granted, he's over 60 and I think she's just hit the big six ohh. They're getting old, and her response for being so freakishly annoying is that they have to rush everything but they don't have much time left. I respect her opinions and everything, but how the fuck do I tell her to cut the shit? I want her to be happy with this man, but he's totally fine with everything. She's the one who will literally dance around the house on her tippy toes, singing and laughing and looking like she's just ate 20 grams of heroin without nodding off. I cannot be around her. She has this fake laugh and completely overexaggerates every though, emotion or word that comes out of her mouth. All I can say is that everything she does is to the extreme, and she needs to fucking chill out. Everyone around her is so angry, but thankfully her bf's a cool dude. I think that even though he's in love, he might get fucking annoyed or they'll finally hit a rough spot and feel akward.

What should I do guys? I ate a pot cookie last night and almost crashed, then my gf came over and told me this. She got choked that I was pretty much passing out on her so I should tell her that I ate some crunk, basically. My gf's shooken up and man, I really don't know what to say. I'm not happy for her mom right now honestly, I think it's a big mistake. I love her bf but I don't even know how last name for christ sakes. It's only been like 6 months and the first time they met, they claimed they were soul mates and all this junk. It's good to be in love, I'm in love, but I'm not so sickening that people actually avoid me because I flaunt it so. Her mom's pretty spiritually aware and thinks I was meant to find her daughter, so I can typically talk to her about shit like this, but I don't want to offend her and have her close down on me. I want her to know that I personally think they're rushing things, she needs to tone down, and they have plenty of time to be in love. They're not dying tommorrow or anything.

Here's another disaster.. she got a house, a nice one for just $203k. It should have been about $230k, in fact I think my family actually built it and it's in a really nice area. With the olympics and expansion in my town, she could sell it for a good $300k soon, no jokes. Who knows, if things explode in my town then people are thinking top dollar, half a mil. She has pennies left to pay on this gift that her best friend sold her, and she's thinking of selling it, buying new land and designing a house with him. She says she wants to seriously consider it in less than a year. WTF!? They just moved into their home about 3 years ago and she was doing excellent with her independance. She's a smart woman, but she's bubbly and well, not "smart" like you find here on the shroomery. I don't know if she fucking realizes what she's doing. Her daughters basically hate the way she acts now because she's so hyped, and I really can't stand it anymore either. Commitment's one thing, but money is another. He's a good architect with a lot of money too, a great guy, but what if he gets sick of her shit and leaves?

Can someone help me out here. This post is a little wild, as my personal threads in the PaMWB forum usually turn out.. I just need some advice about my gf mainly. Haven't talked to her since last night and I want to be there for her. Maybe she doesn't care much anymore, or maybe she cried.. girls are like that no matter how well you know them, they're still female so they do these things. I just want to be there for her, and if I confront her mom... err... I dont want to lie to her. Tell her I'm happy that they're reached this point in their relationship, but let her know that their external opinions like engagement and living together should maybe cool down a bit. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMoxemerald
Executive

Loc: NJ
Re: Girlfriend's mom is engaged [Re: browndustin]
    #5544614 - 04/22/06 04:50 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

A little wordy...

That's just how people act when they are falling in love. It gets toned down eventually, don't worry.

What I wanna know, is how does this guy react while she's bouncing around the room?

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

Re: Girlfriend's mom is engaged [Re: browndustin]
    #5544834 - 04/22/06 06:14 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

She sounds happy, which is good.
But yeah like he Moxemerald says, what feeling do you get from her boyfriend when she's acting that way.

Are you thinking that her being overly happy, is making her not notice the way he's feeling. As if she's happy and she's not really thinking about anything else.

Im going to guess and say that he's probably over the moon that he has that effect on her, and again like Moxemerald said she will tone it down eventually.

I think all you can do is try and be happy and supportive.

She's having the time of her life, im sure he's very happy about that.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds