Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineheterochromo
Stranger
neoteny, the life of an artist and shrooms
    #5540527 - 04/21/06 10:05 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Interesting to read the responses to tripping over 50.  Tripping seems to be a "youthful" thing...as one gets older the responsibilities pour in and I suppose that's what's meant by becoming mature and evolving as a human being as part of a society, our society at least.

There's a theory that making art, living the life of an artist, being an artist has a "neotenizing" effect on the human, simply meaning that it keeps you young, probably better stated it keeps you immature by society's standards.  My life has prooved this out. 

For an artist much of the responsibilty that one feels is largely for their art.  There doesn't seem to be the usual drive to lead a conventional life with the usual reponsibilities according to this culture. 

With art making one uses a different part of the brain not unlike the trippping part of the brain but perhaps not as vivid but maybe just as vivid at times.

Not letting ones spouse know they trip is kind of like being a youth again.  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: neoteny, the life of an artist and shrooms [Re: heterochromo]
    #5540636 - 04/21/06 10:49 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i don't know why not letting somebody know if you are tripping "is like being a youth again" anymoreso than telling them you are tripping. maybe i'm not an artist so i can't understand :P

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinekrin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: neoteny, the life of an artist and shrooms [Re: TODAY]
    #5540654 - 04/21/06 10:57 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

its just that fact that you continue to say "i dont know everything,there are still things to create and discover"

once you stop saying that you become an arachaic wretch with a cane,bitter and twisted and sucking for that last dusty breath of sick air on your death bed

dont be arrogant enough to ever say you know the answers,dont be arrogant enough to let the trip end

you will always be immature in the universal spectrum,and infinitely a god,rock on

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: neoteny, the life of an artist and shrooms [Re: krin]
    #5543017 - 04/22/06 01:23 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

? are you high?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: neoteny, the life of an artist and shrooms [Re: TODAY]
    #5543029 - 04/22/06 01:37 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

heterochromo, had an interesting point if you know how to read.

I think he was kidding a little bit about not letting his wife know he is tripping again.

Psychedelics change differently over time for different people. It does change greatly reguardless. If it doesnt for you, then I dont know what to say.

Tripping at 18 years of age is could be considered to be VERY different than tripping at the age of 22. Thats with only a few years inbetween too. This is due to the accumulative effects of the drugs one has taken, and the way the brain changes naturally. Art can certainly do some strange things to this affect.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag