Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePinkFloyd
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Mistakes of a Newbie...
    #553578 - 02/16/02 01:07 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hello to all of you. I have made a couple of posts...Now its time to summarize my short existence here. Have a small history years ago with recreational shrooms. Several years ago found shrooms on the net and discovered that people were growing themselves. Didn't have the time/money/or wife that would tolerate it. Dumped the wife, which gave me the time and money back! Christmas time rediscovered a few sites...(NOT THE ONES HERE)
Not knowing any better, I placed an order with ShamonShop.net. They said that the "kit" would arrive in about 2 weeks, and they would be giving me a tracking # within a week. 2 weeks later, after no tracking # (and after finding this site and realizing how stupid I was) I called them. Sounded like some guy answering his own phone...told me that "the warehouse" was behind. Couple of posts here, and found out that some of the venders here knew this guy...and he was some kind of reseller. My package did finally get here 2 days ago, sent from STP. Shamonshop has since dropped the kit I bought from their site. Some of you tried to warn me...(too late) and you were all right. The "Kit" had 3 Rubbermaid containers, a aquarium heater, a Ziploc freezer bag of soil/verm mix, another freezer bag of straight verm, an ACE spray bottle, rubbing alcohol, peroxide, 12 1/2 pint jars with ??? in them (can't really tell...I know there's verm in them) and a clear 12 cc syringe of B+ (hopefully). The soil was touted on their site to last a year?yeah right, it looks like a crappy mix anyway. They also say to microwave the soil?(I?ll be using my new PC!) All in all...about $60-80 worth of stuff. (200% markup of what I paid). The only good thing I can say about the kit is the 2 containers 1 inside the other w/ water and the heater make a good incubation chamber. The ?grow? container has a 3? hepa filter half way up the side?I don?t think this will be sufficient for gas exchange?(But, I don?t know anything other than what I?ve read here and other places) I got everything started the other night and now have to learn patience?(I would be easier if I trusted Whoever made that syringe and those jars) While I was waiting for the kit?and after discovering this site?I went off the deep end. Found a local farm/feed store and bought a lot the stuff used in the different TEKS here, a PC, pint and ? pint jars, even a really good (low/no heat dehydrator) NO?I DO NOT INTEND TO DISTRIBUTE, (except giving away to good friends) This is all for personal use and I just really want to have fun with this on my own. At first it was about the trip?now it?s moved past that and I think I will get as much or more out of the cultivation. I have a pending order with Ryche for some different strains, and just contacted FSR today. Well, so much for my introduction?It is nice to meet all of you, and I will pass on all of my mistakes/successes as well as my experiences with the various venders so we can all get better I will be posting pics (in that forum) as soon as I see anything happening. Sorry if any of my prior posts were really stupid (Including the one asking Ryche for a price break, his prices are very fair?I shouldn?t post after drinking!)? thanks for your patience with me.

--------------------
There's a Fungus amoung us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomNewb
enthusiast
Re: Mistakes of a Newbie... [Re: PinkFloyd]
    #553605 - 02/16/02 01:46 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like your own the right track, good luck!

OfflinePinkFloyd
 User Gallery

#554502 - 02/17/02 02:12 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I SEE GROWTH...GROWTH I TELL YOU!!!! 1ST EVER GROWTH!!! TODAY IS A VERY GOOD DAY...2 1/2 DAYS SINCE INNOC. AND ITS WORKING! Too small to post pics yet, but enough to make my day/week/month! Had to lower the temp of the inc chamber...heard something about the mycellium creating its own heat...temp shot up to 89. Trying to stabilize at 86.

--------------------

OfflineShroomNewb
enthusiast
    #554655 - 02/17/02 05:05 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

You will want the heat in to be around 80-84, because it's always a few degrees warmer in the jars. Sounds good though, good luck.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
    #558387 - 02/21/02 10:00 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Edited by ChromeCrow (08/24/02 04:44 PM)

Offlineretardricky
Loc: hanover park Il
Re: Mistakes of a Newbie... [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #558394 - 02/21/02 10:07 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I am a newb too but I do know that one single spore in water can not be seen by the naked eye. If you saw some black shit in there it should work for you. As for the pink buffalo I don't know. I hope I helped

--------------------
Santa's not the only one with a bag this year.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mistakes of a Newbie... [Re: retardricky]
    #558404 - 02/21/02 10:16 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

shit i knew that ! dont know why i didnt think of it. guess since i got burned once, im overly worried about getting stuck again. thanks for "refreshing"my memory

--------------------

Offlinesillvyr

Loc: under a tree
    #558506 - 02/21/02 12:11 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

"Pink Buffalo" is a Thai strain, and information about it is here on this site, including pics. It is noted for it's "speedy" effect when ingested. These Thai strains often require different care including higher temps and humidity, though read up on this for exact instructions. They are not pink. :smile: Hope this helps!

--------------------
The "Little Mushrooms" are but emisaries to the Overmind.....

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
    #558561 - 02/21/02 01:01 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

good luck you guys and Chrome, thats one bad ass avatar!

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #558572 - 02/21/02 01:11 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Keep up the good work!!! And i mean everybody !!!
BTW, it's called Pink Buffalo because the first specimen collected was growing from cow/buffalo dung in Thailand, now guess wich color was the buffalo. Anyway, i consider it a subspec of Koh Samui strain but some say they're the same.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Edited by MAIA (02/21/02 01:17 PM)

OfflinePinkFloyd
 User Gallery

Re: Mistakes of a Newbie... [Re: MAIA]
    #558810 - 02/21/02 05:34 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have some of the Thai strain on its way to me. I wasn't aware that they needed higher temps and more humidity as Sillvyr states. Could someone lead me in the right direction??

--------------------

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
    #558812 - 02/21/02 05:39 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

hit me up whenever, my friend is experimenting with thai strains and they are not as hard to cultivate as you think, i just learned that cambodians like heat, and they are much better since i raised the temp in the terranium.

Offlineelfgizmo
Stranger
    #558941 - 02/21/02 08:05 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I myself am also a newbie at home cultivation of PC shrooms. And i am in the middle of growing my own batch of Equidor strain. And as of right now it is day 9 and all 5 of my 1/2 pint jars are half way colonized and all i am using is a tupporware box w/ a lid and a plug in heat pad on top of it to keep the desired temp. Im growing mine on Vermac. and Brown rice flour. Im almost obsessed with growing these mofos. Which will make it ten times better when it is time for my crop to be harvisted. Good luck, one newbie to another.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mistakes of a Newbie... [Re: elfgizmo]
    #559090 - 02/21/02 10:40 PM (22 years, 30 days ago)

Waves @ all the newbies.

Good luck to you all !!!!

Be sure and read all you can.....then read it again.

When in doubt......read the FAQ.
Click here for the FAQ
Bookmark the FAQ...so when you need it ....you have it.

If you can't figgure something out.....ASK

Have a shroomy day!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mistakes of a Newbie... [Re: Roadkill]
    #559383 - 02/22/02 06:54 AM (22 years, 30 days ago)

lol thanks all, and thanks for the faq!! i read every bit of it, at least 5 times last night ( i felt silly asking a question, that i had known the answer to myself!) i didnt want to keep asking nonsence questions. any one who isnt sure, should start there first. or, like myself, even if you feel you have a good understanding, i found answers to a few other questions i had there too. not all questions are answered there ( they are still working on it), but a lot of basics are covered. lets not give newbie's a bad name, and try a little research ourselves. not just here, there are a million good sites an the web, and with a decent search engine, you can find at least 50% of your questions. lol one last thank-you. THANK YOU FOR NOT FLAMING ME!!!!! my "stupid" question wasnt just shrugged off, or made fun of.
i have a history of asking not so bright questions :-P so i wont promise i wont post another one, but before i post, i will try to find the answer myself.
peace all

--------------------

Offlinetrailercamp
Stranger
    #559908 - 02/22/02 04:02 PM (22 years, 30 days ago)

First, Congrulations to all the newbies. I'm happy to see people getting involved in this hobbie which I personally enjoy so much. Also, what PinkFloyd said:

"At first it was about the trip?now it?s moved past that and I think I will get as much or more out of the cultivation."

Is certainly true for me. It is all around fun, educational, spiritual, etc. and at the end you get to ENJOY the fruits of your labor (literally). Anyway, more to the point of my post. check out this link. It has been invaluble for me and offers information on all subjects...just click it and you will understand. Also, props to it's creator. What a great service you have done for us all. Peace to all. Shroomery.org rocks.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=533818&Search=true&Forum=Forum4&Words=myco&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=399368

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag