Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Healthy
    #5529508 - 04/18/06 01:18 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

I am wanting to lose some weight and get back into shape for the summer. Last year when I was in high school everything was fine, football, wrestling, track all that. I was in really nice shape. Over the year I have gotten...err..fat. I'm not huge or anything..Just uncomfortable because i'm use to how I was before. I can't even see the abs anymore ya know? What are some good dishes for this. I am going to get back into the gym as soon as I get my car fixed. What would you guys suggest? Mushrooms recipes are welcome too. I think shiitakes are good weight losers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Healthy [Re: Anonymous]
    #5529558 - 04/18/06 01:30 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

just start exercising again and eat healthy. Also less fastfood(fat) and less drinks with tons of sugar in them like coke etc

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
    #5529568 - 04/18/06 01:32 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

"I am going to get back into the gym as soon as I get my car fixed."

If you want to lose weight, why you driving a car to the gym? You don't even need to go to the gym, you could be running or walking. Certainly cut out driving.

Eat plenty soup: healthy, tasty and filling. Here's a great one I made today:

Spicy Black Bean Soup

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound dry black beans
1 1/2 quarts water
1 carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 large red onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 green bell peppers, chopped
2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1/4 cup dry lentils
1 (28 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup uncooked white rice

Once you've soaked the beans for eight hours (or use canned prepared ones) basically fry the veg, then boi everything together. Amazing.

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Loc: Center Of The World
Re: Healthy [Re: mr_kite]
    #5529606 - 04/18/06 01:43 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Have bowl of oatmeal in the morning instead of cereal or cold pizza. By oatmeal, I meal real oatmeal, not the instant kind that is filled with sugar. Whole wheat bread instead of white.

You're basically looking for complex carbs which are a GREAT source of fuel that slowly releases energy throughout the day. Not bad for fiber too :wink:

And try to drink as much water as possible. One thing people always freak about when they step on the scale is how often their weight fluctuates. Want to know why? Sodium...salt essentially. Salt retains water, so when you eat that slice of pizza, or those salty tortilla chips which are LOADED with them...you're going to retain water. No doubt.

So, gameplan is.

Tons of water
Whole Wheat,Whole Grains
A good attitude towards eating healthy.

Good luck dude :smile:

--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #5529705 - 04/18/06 02:14 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

if you want to lose weight fast i suggest a high protein diet with daily work out and excercise. It works for me. i dropped 5lbs in one week with a high protein, low fat diet. Meaning lots of egg starters, chicken, turkey and many other foods. If you lift weights you may see your weight stay the same, but thats because you are losing fat and building muscle. If you just want to lose weight i would suggest running or swimming as your main workout.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Anonymous

Re: Healthy [Re: AaronEvil]
    #5536102 - 04/19/06 11:48 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

Yes, I agree with all of you. About the car comment, I do run. When I get back to the gym I can do much much more. I'm going about my old routine and it is working. I am just looking for some nice recipes and such for healthy things.

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
    #5539026 - 04/20/06 07:58 PM (18 years, 21 hours ago)

I have a good healthy recipe for you that is very versatile, filling and delicious.
There's this grain called Farro, also known as spelt, that is basically the most delicious grain ever--it tasts sort of toasty and nutty. You can get it at health food stores. The Roman legions lived off it in ancient times.

Anyway, you boil 1.5 cups or so in a pot for 30-40 minutes until it is a texture that you like, drain it, rinse with cold water so it isn't hot anymore, then add lots of chopped veggies, nuts, whatever you want.
-I usually finely chop carrots, celery, cucumber, tomatoes and sometimes beets (I love beets, but a lot of people don't, I roast them in the oven so they get very sweet)
-then I add some pine nuts or chopped walnuts (toast these in the oven or stovetop for a few minutes until they get slightly brown)
-also you can add chopped kalamata olives, maybe some feta or other cheese like it (white, crumbly)
-I've even added raisins and dried currants
-for a dressing, either squeeze some lemon juice or drizzle some vinegar, maybe a little olive oil, salt, pepper, sometimes I put herbs in it, like chives (best), parsley, or dill
-also, very finely chopped garlic, red onion, or shallot

You can make salads like this with barley instead of Farro, maybe add some lentils.
Just use this as a guide to give yourself ideas. Especially with summer coming up, it is good to have these kinds of salads in the fridge to eat whenever you feel like it. I always make one on sunday and eat it for lunch for the next few days.

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #5541489 - 04/21/06 04:10 PM (18 years, 1 hour ago)

My favorite dish is healthy alfredo:

1 bottle of 0 calorie alfredo sauce (I get mine at Henry's)
1 box of wheat noddles (preferably the 180 cal boxes)
fresh broccoli (as much as you would like)
chopped basil
minced onion
and roasted garlic

Boil the noodles as instructed. Heat the alfredo sauce in a pan on the stove. As its heating add some chopped basil (i use about 3-4 pinches of it), minced onion (not much but enough to taste), and as much roasted garlic as you wish. Stir while its heating.

Chop some broccoli and steam it as you see fit. Then, strain the noodles, pour the alfredo sauce on and add some broccoli. Its a lot of food so there will be left overs. But, it will last a while so its worth making.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Offlinecampinman
Fun-Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoOn
Re: Healthy [Re: AaronEvil]
    #5558103 - 04/26/06 10:39 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

green tea burns belly fat. make the switch over from coffee.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself."

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Re: Healthy [Re: campinman]
    #5558240 - 04/26/06 11:14 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Spot reducing is impossible with tea. However, green tea CAN boost the metabolism slightly.

--------------------

Offlinemorphogenetic
Stranger
Re: Healthy [Re: Chazzersize]
    #5564450 - 04/27/06 08:30 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I suggest replacing at least one meal a day with a fruit smoothie...stick whatever fruit you want in a blender and liquefy it...you can add some milk or yogurt if you want, but not too too much...the higher concentration of fruit, the better :smile:
Its filling and healthy...I pretty much live on them half the time

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Re: Healthy [Re: morphogenetic]
    #5565384 - 04/28/06 12:05 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

That's ALOT of sugar and carbohydrates. Which aren't necessarily bad in moderation.

Just stick to the basics at first. Creating a diet that works for you will take time with trial and error. Best thing you could POSSIBLY do is to have breakfast. Never skip it. It's what starts and boosts your metabolism for the rest of the day. I'd go for a nice bowl of oatmeal. Skip on the instant packet kind. Full of unnecessary sugar.

You could always go for egg whites,whole wheat toast and a glass of OJ.

--------------------

Offlinemojika
Jonium
Female User Gallery

Loc: the dark side of the moon
    #5645411 - 05/18/06 07:51 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

the best way to loose weight is to not change your eating - if you do that you will be 'on a diet' and be tempted by things. Instead use less oil - a little water can help things sticking to the pan. Use a little more veges in your dishes and a little less other stuff with the calories. Choose low fat substitutes like dairy, lean meat etc... try some yummy muesli bars to fill you up instead of the fatty alternatives and choc coated ones are good to substitute for a choc bar.

fill up on healthy snacks and not only will you notice the healthy change within you but you will appreciate the less healthy choices more. DONT try to rule out your treats. you will fail and might feel depressed

but one great way to help loose weight and be more in tune with your body and environment is to zen eat. Chew all your food 50 times (more or less depending on the food). I find the flavors that come out after a while are really cool - like rice becomes sweet. You learn to enjoy every morsel of food and therefore tend to stop eating earlier when you realize you are full and tend not to eat too much for pleasures sake as you enjoy all of it. Too easily we wolf down some chocolate etc and still want more - why? Because we didn't enjoy it as much as we think we should have. I've found doing this really awakens me to myself and my surroundings - i feel more in tune and my body feels surprisingly better as less gasses are built up in the stomach by food breaking down - you do it in your mouth.

hope that helps

--------------------
Three words

...sex acid & psytrance...

amen

Offlinemojika
Jonium
Female User Gallery

Loc: the dark side of the moon
    #5645415 - 05/18/06 07:53 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

it has been found that green tea can actually reduce the absorption of saturated fat from your food and help increase absorption of the good fats. Apart from that it does a million other great things for you. In fact one trial displayed it has similar efficacy in reducing baseline anxiety as xanax... pretty cool

--------------------
Three words

...sex acid & psytrance...

amen

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract