Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
What is life if not God-induced existance?
    #5522600 - 04/16/06 09:02 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Reality is a sensatory existential necessity derived from being born. Therefore death is both inevitable and desirable, being, as it is, the unitational centrality of life forms. The universe both urges me on to eternity yet drags me back, reclaiming me as its own like a yak nursing its young. If I counter this through self-belief in my own existential-reality presence, WILL I EVENTUALLY BECOME ETERNAL??

I talked to my salvia plant yesterday and she said:

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: What is life if not God-induced existance? [Re: mr_kite]
    #5522990 - 04/16/06 10:55 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

"Reality is a sensatory existential necessity derived from being born. Therefore death is both inevitable and desirable, being, as it is, the unitational centrality of life forms."

I don't see how what you said concludes to death being inevitable..and desirable by whom? The answer in why we die using the concept of relativity again, is right n front of us. You use spare parts in a car. After some time the fatigue they get causes them to fail. Then, you replace them. Imagine if they were living organisms and probably there is an example for it but I can't think of it right now.

Imagine if us, humans, the earth, extraterrestrials, planets, suns, everything macroscopic, were a part of a bigger organism as we have our hearts, livers etc but in a microscopic scale.

In simple words. Imagine a whole universe deep inside your liver with small humans with their lives ambitions etc.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: What is life if not God-induced existance? [Re: Shroomerious]
    #5522996 - 04/16/06 10:57 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Who said anything about God?

Honestly, what is life but yet life itself? Let's not start speculating about stuff that doesn't pertain to our experience in the slightest, that cannot be known through our experience. Useless concept, this "God".

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: What is life if not God-induced existance? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5523009 - 04/16/06 11:03 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

"Honestly, what is life but yet life itself? Let's not start speculating about stuff that doesn't pertain to our experience in the slightest, that cannot be known through our experience. "

Yep. And that is normal common sense that most people refuse to understand but...

"Useless concept, this "God"."

...is not. For, lots of people gave up trust to anything and are so psychologiacaly weak that need to believe to something big and good that watches over us. It has a use. It makes people feel better. Even if it's most probably an exageration of simple facts.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#5523050 - 04/16/06 11:15 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomerious said:
...is not. For, lots of people gave up trust to anything and are so psychologiacaly weak that need to believe to something big and good that watches over us. It has a use. It makes people feel better. Even if it's most probably an exageration of simple facts.

Delusion is never beneficial. If people are psychologically weak, as most individuals are, then they need to directly focus upon their problems and produce solutions, instead of constructing mangy crutches that cannot begin to stand up to the force of reality as it can be directly perceived.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#5523064 - 04/16/06 11:21 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

I disagree. For them it is beneficial. And they don't care if it's truth or lie, it just makes them feel good. Like many drugs do. Daydreaming is not beneficial in a sense but it makes you feel good. I say, whatever gets you through the night, it's alright. But I dig people that are strong enough to search for the real truth.

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5523074 - 04/16/06 11:26 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

whatever gets you through the night, it's alright

If what gets you through the night bans stem cell research, it's not alright.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #5523094 - 04/16/06 11:32 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

For them it is beneficial. And they don't care if it's truth or lie, it just makes them feel good.

Surely Truth is among the greatest of all goods. Remaining in ignorance isn't beneficial for anyone, no exceptions.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#5523096 - 04/16/06 11:34 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomerious said:
I disagree. For them it is beneficial. And they don't care if it's truth or lie, it just makes them feel good. Like many drugs do. Daydreaming is not beneficial in a sense but it makes you feel good. I say, whatever gets you through the night, it's alright. But I dig people that are strong enough to search for the real truth.

I know what it is that you are saying, but there are more effective ways of creating for oneself a more fufilling experience of reality, and the only true way is by reducing one's mental obstructions of that experience of reality, thus, directly perceiving reality for what it is.

The fact is that if one does not engage in the mental discipline necessary to transform one's mind into a vessel capable of directly perceiving reality, then it matters not which shoddy home improvements one endeavors in, as one day, reality will tear right through.

As they will not be prepared, it will sweep them along, and they will struggle agansit the most powerful riptide in existance. Then what kind of fufilling experience of reality will they have created for themselves? Suffering. :frown:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#5523267 - 04/17/06 01:17 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Yes, I agree with all of what's said. It depends what results one wants to achieve, long-term or short-term. Many people never snap out of it and the tendency is to take it as far as it goes, that is...to the grave. Creating a god makes you feel good but there is no doubt that this is the easy way. The hard way is extremely more beneficial if you are strong enough to stick to it.

"If what gets you through the night bans stem cell research, it's not alright. "

Yes, but that is from another perspective, not from the individual who believes and has a wrong view about stem cells. Although I would like to talk about that a bit more... History has shown that science is always manipulated and used for wrong purposes...atomic bomb etc. But that doesn't mean that we should hide from evolution, it just means that we must fight for the right use of stem cell technology for example. When your head aches, you don't chop it off, you fix it, and that is what is needed as well as a limit to the use of new technologies set after carefull scientific examination.

"Surely Truth is among the greatest of all goods. Remaining in ignorance isn't beneficial for anyone, no exceptions. "

No, I just don't agree. Ever seen how kids are always happy? Ignorance is bliss for the people who have it. For the rest of us it's just stupid.

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
    #5523314 - 04/17/06 01:41 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

Honestly, what is life but yet life itself? Let's not start speculating about stuff that doesn't pertain to our experience in the slightest, that cannot be known through our experience. Useless concept, this "God".

but this "God" can be known through experience. are you saying you understand nothing said by posters such as markosthegnostic?  i think you are mistaken in assuming that because  a concept has no use to you, it is useless for everyone. as demonstrated by many users here, God can be as useful concept for communicating about their experiences.  if you don't prefer to use such a concept, that is fine, but it does't mean it's useless. perhaps you have yet to discover its usefulness?

Edited by Deviate (04/17/06 02:33 AM)

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #5523490 - 04/17/06 04:14 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

Maybe from your own experience. Knowing God isn't beyond the human experience at all. The experience of God is quite real, revealing the very nature of God as Ultimate Reality.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: What is life if not God-induced existance? [Re: mr_kite]
    #5523527 - 04/17/06 05:25 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

My original post was total bulshit by the way, just to see what would come out of it. I have to say I'm as astonished as I hoped i'd be  :runaway:
Even if you read the first post, did you not notice it didn't make sense at all? It WAS BULLSHIT? Or do you not need to make sense if you mention God?

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Edited by mr_kite (04/17/06 05:42 AM)

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#5523981 - 04/17/06 09:51 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Ever seen how kids are always happy?

Ever see a child throw a fit? Start sobbing and screaming because they can't get what they want or something is taken away from them? They suffer too, probably just on a different level than a mature adult.

Ignorance is bliss for the people who have it.

If you consider ignorance to be bliss (something which you have not yet established), then Truth and all degrees of it are many times more powerful and wonderful bliss.

I do agree with a sentiment that I think you're trying to convey, that Truth shouldn't be forced on anyone. If they are willing to listen, then sing to them, otherwise just smile.

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: What is life if not God-induced existance? [Re: Basilides]
    #5524033 - 04/17/06 09:59 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

I'm not certain, but I think you guys are talking about different conceptions of God. I get the impression Fireworks is talking about the traditional anthropomorphic concept, whereas Basilides is talking about God as Ultimate Reality. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

--------------------

- John Mayer

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5524207 - 04/17/06 10:43 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

History has shown that science is always manipulated and used for wrong purposes

1) That is not the fault of science.
2) You could make this argument about nearly anything. "History has shown trees are always manipulated and used for wrong purposes. Catapults, fortresses, spears, etc."

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: What is life if not God-induced existance? [Re: Basilides]
    #5524229 - 04/17/06 10:46 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Knowing God isn't beyond the human experience at all.

Prove it to us, then.
Take a picture of God.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: What is life if not God-induced existance? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5524252 - 04/17/06 10:50 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

He isn't anthropomorphic.

--------------------

- John Mayer

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: What is life if not God-induced existance? [Re: dblaney]
    #5524271 - 04/17/06 10:54 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Doesn't matter.
If God isn't beyond human experience then God should be empirically verifiable.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: What is life if not God-induced existance? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5524327 - 04/17/06 11:08 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

God is immanent-transcendent. Since He is immanent, everything you can possibly empirically experience is none other than God Himself. Since He is transcendent, the intellect cannot express Him, merely symbolize Him. However, after undergoing the appropriate practices and purifying the mind, one can become aware of the unity with Brahman.

--------------------

- John Mayer

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order