Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomsrgood123
Stranger
Help (Chosen Kit, Need help with SPORES)
    #5522170 - 04/16/06 06:50 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys, i'm very new to mushrooms and am quite interested in growing them for my consuming needs. I've already been researching this a bit and have found a good kit to start out with at www.mushbox.com http://mushbox.com/mushroom-kits.html#starter (Tell me what you think).

Theres only one problem standing in my way, and that's "what" to grow specifically. When I took mushrooms for the first time, I had no idea what they were, all I knew is that it totalled up to 1/8th ounce. I found a website called www.spores101.com, if you guys could give me some ideas on what would be good to consume for trip purposes, i'de be very greatful. If you direct me to the FAQ, I kindly ask you if you could simply/sum it up for me right here.

www.spores101.com
www.mushbox.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
Re: Help (Chosen Kit, Need help with SPORES) [Re: shroomsrgood123]
    #5522222 - 04/16/06 07:07 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

That kit seems to have everything you'll need to get started except spores

From what ive heard there isnt much of a different in effects when it comes to Psilocybe Cubensis. So its your choice. Im on my first grow currently, im using Orissa India and PES Amazon (I ordered from Spores101 myself, very professional - as with any Shroomery Sponsor)

Most street-market mushrooms are Cubensis - so thats mostlikely what you got

Offlineshroomsrgood123
Stranger
Re: Help (Chosen Kit, Need help with SPORES) [Re: Abrainspot]
    #5522233 - 04/16/06 07:13 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you very much for the reply. I'll order some spores along the line of the ones you have chosen as soon as I can. I'll finally be immersing myself in the mushroom world.  :cool:

Edited by shroomsrgood123 (04/16/06 07:14 PM)

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5523599 - 04/17/06 06:59 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I would advise against the kit. You can make a better setup with extra supplies for less than that. You'll also have a much better idea of what you're doing.

Offlinemush_box
Mushbox Support

Loc: Canada
Re: Help (Chosen Kit, Need help with SPORES) [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5555186 - 04/25/06 02:55 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

but then you also won't have a guarantee for all the parts in the system.

Why would you have a better idea of what your doing 'without' the kit? I dont see were your coming from Sinthetic..

When growing edibles we will give full support and guarantee the products 100% ... www.mushbox.com

--------------------
Enter code shroomery for 5$ off your order at http://www.mushbox.com mushroom kits and mycology supplies

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
    #5555556 - 04/25/06 05:12 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I have always said to make your own "kit".

Going through the process your self will help you out allot, your short changing yourself other wise.

As far as what to grow any 'cube' will get you where your going.

Just take the time and read read read and then grow  :thumbup:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#5555741 - 04/25/06 06:12 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Kits are for those that don't have the time or desire to DIY. It could also be a good way to get intrested in DIY if the idea isn't appealing at first. But if you have the time and inclination, start reading, plan it out, ask questions as needed. You'll probably end up spending at least that much to get started with a nice setup and pressure cooker, but you'll be set after that.

If you're gonna buy a kit, I would recommend the one below that, the Mega-you-grow. It would probably produce more shrooms, and would be a good intro to casing.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #5555804 - 04/25/06 06:30 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

These types will never learn! :smirk:

Anyways, I like Cambo and Amazonian. Close your eyes and run your finger along the screen. Whichever strain your finger lands on will be your destiny..... :mushroom2:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #5555847 - 04/25/06 06:40 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Hey shroomsrgood, do you work for these websites or something? This almost looks like a marketing setup. You mention mushbox, then the link to the kit seperately. Then you mention spores101 as your chosen spore vendor. Then you list both websites at the end of your post just like a vendor would.

And the kicker: both sites are run by Innersite. If I were a betting man........ :blush:

Maybe I just read too deep into things.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinesplifner180
Student
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, East Coast
Re: Help (Chosen Kit, Need help with SPORES) [Re: FooMan]
    #5557417 - 04/26/06 02:09 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Heck, I want to inquire about a Specific Product but don't want to name it for fear of getting flamed hard for being a suspected dealer/manufacturer/franchise.

splif

--------------------
First Grow: Ecuador -> LC -> HPoo/Straw -> Monotub
Build a Do-It-Yourself Magnetic Stirrer in thirty minutes with no money.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Help (Chosen Kit, Need help with SPORES) [Re: splifner180]
    #5557560 - 04/26/06 04:30 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

splifner180 said:
Heck, I want to inquire about a Specific Product but don't want to name it for fear of getting flamed hard for being a suspected dealer/manufacturer/franchise.

splif

You wouldn't get flamed too bad unless it was a blatant product plug. The worst that would happen is that your post would be edited. You're allowed to plug sponsors, they pay the bills around here. You're allowed to mention other websites, but you can't post their actual URL or post in a way that seems to be a type of promotion.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates