Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Shroom Tolerance question
    #551416 - 02/14/02 02:58 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey I took about 8 grams of shrooms 2 weeks ago and tripped hard, and about 3 grams 1 week ago and only tripped moderately.. would you say my tolerance is pretty low again now and i could trip off a normal amount? like a few grams

any suggestions would be really helpful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: Shroom Tolerance question [Re: Grav]
    #551483 - 02/14/02 03:37 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think your physical tolerance should be back to base by now. However, with such frequent use of mushrooms I think the overall experience would be diminished. Try spacing out your use to once a month or less., preferabley less.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Shroom Tolerance question [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #551491 - 02/14/02 03:40 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

well i dont trip on shrooms that much, this is like an occasionally trip month for me... so you think i will probably trip like i normally would?

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

Re: Shroom Tolerance question [Re: Grav] * 1
    #551496 - 02/14/02 03:43 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I had this pmed to me by kid. perhaps it will help you out.
> How long will it take your tolerance to go down after 1 use?

Apparently for most people it's 72 hours.

I've never used mushrooms often enough to know, but my experiences with LSD have confirmed that (at least for me) tolerance does not last more than 60 hours. Even with pretty heavy trips. Since, LSD and mushrooms are the same, you might find even 60 hours okay.

Most reports of tolerance for LSD or mushrooms fall in the 72 hour to 7 day range. I suspect the latter amount is more "psychological" tolerance, though.

> How about after heavy use?

Any amount of use will produce tolerance. The amount of tolerance should be proportional for the amount used. As for massively increasing dosage levels with mushrooms I doubt that tolerance would last substantially longer.

> can your tolerence ever return to the state it was at before you ever shroomed, or will you always retain some tolerence.

IMO, you should return to no tolerance after around 100 hours.

You may, however, become psychologically acustomed to these states. How long it takes for "the magic to return", is probably quite variable.

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

OfflineDopefiend
Re: Shroom Tolerance question [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #551625 - 02/14/02 05:15 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

"I've never used mushrooms often enough to know, but my experiences with LSD have confirmed that (at least for me) tolerance does not last more than 60 hours. Even with pretty heavy trips. Since, LSD and mushrooms are the same, you might find even 60 hours okay.

Most reports of tolerance for LSD or mushrooms fall in the 72 hour to 7 day range. I suspect the latter amount is more "psychological" tolerance, though. "

Shit man, couldn't have said it better myself :smile:

He brings up an important point here - the difference between psychological and physical tolerance. You often hear a lot of flowery nu-hippies talking about how you have to keep the "divinity" of the experience fresh by limiting the number of times you shroom a month...this is STRICTLY a psychological thing (at least for 90% of all trippers). Its because you get somewhat "used" to the effects if you do it too much, and its not as exciting...however that does NOT mean that the effects themselves are actually less intense, you just perceive them to be this way. Its kinda like getting used to really hot water after a while of being in it :smile: the water is still just as hot, you've just been there long enough so that it doesn't impact you as much as it did before. Or something.
In terms of PHYSICAL tolerance (ie, the actual strength of the effects as opposed to merely how you perceive them), you get a remarkably strong tolerance for about 72hrs (like that dude I quoted said) but after this period, the "tolerance" you might feel is completely phsycological. I was so brainwashed by all the "tolerance" nonsense that last sunday after having eaten 3gs of shrooms, I was SURE nothing would happen because I had tripped hard only 2 days ago. Man...how wrong i was...got my ass kicked HARD :laugh: 

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: Shroom Tolerance question [Re: Dopefiend]
    #551921 - 02/14/02 10:08 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I agree. That is why I mentioned his physical tolerance being back to normal, but I was not sure how to put into words how is psychological tolerance might be affected. Don't think anyone could have put that better TeRzMaStA.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

Offlinepharmacopeia

Loc: Canada
Re: Shroom Tolerance question [Re: CuckoosNest]
    #552163 - 02/15/02 02:51 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Tolerance
--------------
Mushrooms: 3-5days
LSD: 1-3days

Hope this helped.

--------------------
W A R N I N G
This signature message for YOU is formulated to GRAB your ATTENTION and.. allow your mind to sink deeper and deeper within itself.. right now.. as your eyes ROOOOOLL over this text you may even notice.. your breathing starts slow down.. and you.. allow yourself to.. become calm and relaxed.. and you'll.. feel drenched in a warm and fuzzy energy.. and every time you read this message, you might.. feel that same warm and buzzing energy getting stronger and thicker..

-
"I had a friend once who told me that the worst mistake that you can make is to think that you are alive, when really you're asleep in life's waiting room." -waking life

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Loc: location? i exist somwher...
Re: Shroom Tolerance question [Re: Grav] * 1
    #552173 - 02/15/02 03:09 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i can say.. i eat shrooms about every weekend. sometimes every other weekend.
and every single time is more wonderful than the next. to me its like a constantly building story in my mind .

so i do think its mainly mental how these people say they dont trip as hard or whatever...

i did fall into these lies once .

i ate an 8th of mushrooms..
the next day i got ahold of some acid..
i thought.. well ok. i just ate mushrooms yesterday so i should be ok to get a decent buzz of this acid for a party (i had to work the next day)
the whole time at the party.. i thought i just had a buzz. as soon as the party was over (5 hours later) i steped out of the doors of the building and everything flowed out like waves of mush.

needless to say. i triped one of the most hardest times i can remember.
and went to work still tripping.

nothing worse than working a meat slicer tripping on eliceD

i keept thinking about how i was touching all this meat that was going into 50 million peoples stomachs. so id put thoughts into the food that i (at the time) thought would later resurface in the people. an the roast beef.. all the blood.. not good.

but im not your normal person. so all this. is just for Me!

-monk ahh

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroom Tolerance question [Re: Dopefiend]
    #552256 - 02/15/02 07:01 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

My 2 cents:

I agree on the distinction made between "Physiological" & "Psychological" tolerances. The first's pretty much the same in most people, the latter's very dependent on the individual.

Know those Ayahuasca churches like "UDV"?
Ayahuasca's basically DMT made orally active by Beta-Carboline thingies like Harmine.
Psiloc(yb)in is basically DMT too, made orally active by the 4-hydroxy/4-phosphate group. (I know this is oversimplifying things, but it boils down to that...)
OK, my point: The preferred interval by "SD" & "UDV" churches alike is no less than 2 weeks, preferably once a month, to retain most of its Divinity over the years. But note that Ayahuasca only lasts about half the time Psilo-thingies do and that the average serving's about as strong as 1-2grs of Liberty Caps, which is likely to be far less than the amounts you took. Also: remember that one 3gr may well be 10x less powerful than the other 3gr by sheer alcaloid content.

A Dutch book on Psychedelics states approximately: "Really small doses of shrooms should at least be 2 weeks apart. Regular doses should be spaced at least 1-2months and huge doses should be reserved for like 4x a year or less."
This may well be the averages for "psychological" tolerance in most people.
Keep up the Good Work, GRAV!
Hope to have helped...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineGalTRooT
Stand-Up-Fella

Loc: Flag
Re: Shroom Tolerance question [Re: Monkah] * 1
    #11198491 - 10/07/09 02:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What is normal? I do this more or less every chance that I get the opportunity. That is to say it could be from Monday to Wednesday on any given month (3 days straight.)

It's all in your head's, friends. And everyone is unique in and unto themselves. The question is: How strong is your mind?

--------------------

Offlineinsideout
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Shroom Tolerance question [Re: GalTRooT]
    #11458640 - 11/15/09 08:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wiccan_SeekerM you are not right about Ayahusca! Ayahusca has no any tolerance at all! on the contrary, my most profound trip of my life was on the third day in a row taking the same dosage of ayahuasca. actualy if you take ayahuasca lets say every day...it will clean your system and will be even much stronger then yeasterday or day before yeasterday..it's amazing. i dont know why, but it's a fact. at least from my experence.

Edited by insideout (11/15/09 08:14 AM)

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Loc: Exact Center
Re: Shroom Tolerance question [Re: insideout]
    #21287738 - 02/17/15 12:14 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, sorry to bump an old post, i just decided to add a little input. this is kinda long so i will write a tldr; at the end
After reading this thread I was excited because i had no idea about the differences in physical and psychological tolerance. Anyway, i Ate two 2.g chocolates yesterday looking for my first (out of dozens and dozens of trips) level five. and i have been taking shrooms once a week or as often as possible almost all year long. and I had remarkable visuals because we are having an early spring and it was all around perfect weather and the sunset was phenomenal. however i thought that because of my frequent use of mushrooms my psychological tolerance would be incredibly high but i made more epiphanies and realizations than i have in a long time. it was one of the most profound trips of my life and i was thinking it would be a waste.

Too long, didn't read: cross tolerance and psychological tolerances are a mystery that will possibly never be solved. it isn't dependent on the person necessarily but the environment, the thought processes, your mind is what takes you where you want to be not the psilocybin. I have found that being alone if you are comfortable and confident you won't make mistakes actually makes your trip more visual and mind fucky

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.

Offlinecube talk
Stranger

Re: Shroom Tolerance question [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #21347537 - 03/01/15 10:05 AM (9 years, 20 days ago)

3 days you're pretty much back to normal

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder