Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefigment
Apothecary
 User Gallery

Loc: Quidity
New Idea?
    #5511841 - 04/13/06 10:39 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

I've been obsessed the past few days on pouring LC's into hpoo, as some of you already know.

I've been told by numerous people that you cannot pour an LC into just straight hpoo and that you need grain for the myc to attach itself to...so here is my idea...

I am going to get a sterile coffee filter and place some sterile wbs on top of it. Then pour an LC onto it which would filter out all the water and leave the myc encrusted on the wbs.

Then I am going to layer another layer of wbs on top of the encrusted layer making a sandwich of wbs w/myc in the middle.

Then I was going to flip the sandwich onto some pasturized poo, seal the bag and let it incubate until the wbs was colonized.

Then I am going to knead the colonized wbs within the poo and let the poo colonize.

It is just an experiment...comments? Suggestions? Anyone ever tried anything similar?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

Loc: Arizona Bay
Re: New Idea? [Re: figment]
    #5511887 - 04/13/06 10:52 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

I don't know how well this will work, but yor probally get better results skiping the WBS and doing like yo said a pure maybe syringe of pure myc persay, but what the hey give it a try

--------------------

Ronhero on the Growery is me

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: New Idea? [Re: Babo911]
    #5512010 - 04/13/06 11:33 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

how do you plan to KEEP the WBS sterile when you are fooling around with coffe filters. I hope you've got a hell of a HEPA/glovebox!

your idea may work, but it is not a GOOD idea. The amount of LC you'd have to use to "pour" myc onto the WBS or the poo itself, could easily be used to inoculate hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of of spawn jars, which in turn could be used to spawn hundreds/thousands of pounds of poo in a way that is PROVEN to work reliably with a low risk of contamination, and an incubation period of a week.

It might take a very long time for just straight LC to colonize poo like that, especially if you did not mix the myc evenly with the poo. Sure you could knead the myc around, but that is a lot of unneccessary work, which takes energy away from the myc when they have to rebuild the network.

The point of experimenting is to find BETTER ways of doing things that make them easier. Looking at your idea right now, it seems like a bunch of extra work, using extra resources, increasing the complexity of the process and also the risk of failure, to do exactly the same thing that traditional meathods do.

If you were able to succeed, it would be quite a novelty. "Gee wow! So it works that way too!" but it's not really practical. I'm sorry.

Of course i don't mean to say that you shouldn't continue with your experiments. By all means experiment! If you have the curiosity and the will to try then have a blast and good luck! Maybe you will prove me wrong.

But if your asking for my honest opinion... well there you have it.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineAKtoker
Shibby

Re: New Idea? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #5512022 - 04/13/06 11:39 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

What you should experiment with doing is finding the right mix in the bag that will allow you to inoculate directly to the bag.

Like coir, poo, and WBS at the proper moisture content, then PC and inoculate with LC. Then when it's fully colonized just dump it out and case/fruit or whatever.

I'd imagine that would work alot better then this idea. i'm sure theres some posts on the subject.

Your idea sounds like its askin for contams, i wouldnt try it unless you had 100% clean room.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag