Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCykon
Stranger

Benzos hours before a trip to stop anxiety?
    #5508594 - 04/12/06 03:24 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I know Benzos kill a trip when taken during the trip, but I'm having some bad pre-trip anxiety, (I'm anxiety prone and am scripted clonopin), and was wondering if I could take one now, so that the peak plasma level will be lower when I'm tripping, but I will still get the anti-anxiety effects during the trip.

Thanks All.

Edited by Cykon (04/12/06 03:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleabrad84
Stranger
Male

Re: Benzos hours before a trip to stop anxiety? [Re: Cykon]
    #5508619 - 04/12/06 03:29 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Taking a benzo wont "kill" the trip, it will just reduce anxiety and may make the trip seem less intense or scary. What you are proposing will work fine.

OfflineWronguy
Re: Benzos hours before a trip to stop anxiety? [Re: abrad84]
    #5508786 - 04/12/06 04:11 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Drop the bullshit drugs, the Benzo I mean, and remember this, anxiety is just a sensation brought on by behavioral conditioning. What you took is safe. No matter what happens during the trip, you're not going to die. Nothing bad is going to happen to you.

I want you to try something the next time you start feeling anxiety. The next time you feel anxiety during a trip, I want you to make the anxiety as bad as you possibly can. Really concentrate on those anxious thoughts and feelings. Notice how you control the anxiety level, not the drug, but you. Once you realize that you control the anxiety level, say to yourself "I am doing this to me. There is nothing wrong and I'm not going to die. Why am I giving this sensation power over me? There is nothing wrong with having this sensation."

Anxiety comes from the amygdala, a small organ in the brain that controls emotions, especially fear. If you are having anxiety during a trip, it's because you're giving the anxiety power over you. Your amygdala is set at a higher level than normal and this causes you to experience anxiety to normal situations or situations that do not require anxiety. Science has proven that you can re-program the amygdala by practicing non-anxious behavior and rid yourself of it forever.

When you feel anxious or start to have a panic attack, stop what you're doing! Stop being afraid of fear! I've been where you're at and it's no fun. As soon as I realized that I control my anxiety, it disappeared. Good luck and happy tripping.

Invisiblegiz
daydreamer
Male

Loc: EU
Re: Benzos hours before a trip to stop anxiety? [Re: Wronguy]
    #5508813 - 04/12/06 04:16 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

good advice there wronguy. i can relate to that, i used to anxiety on trips for a while as well . i did somewhat of the same, told myself to take control. instead of dosing lower or taking other drugs to calm it, i took a higher dosage and confronted my fears. it was hell but when i took control it was like beeing born again, pure bliss, i was so happy i kissed the ground. one of my best trips ever.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
Re: Benzos hours before a trip to stop anxiety? [Re: giz]
    #5508910 - 04/12/06 04:39 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Good advice Wronguy.

Benzo's and tripping are definitely cool (Xanax at least, i havent tried Klonopin). The other day i took a hit of acid and took a 0.5mg, i was tripping just as hard, but the edge was gone. If you take enough tho, it will make you so sedated that the trip will barely effect you - it will almost over-power the trip feeling. Im sure it will effect everyone different, but thats my 2c

InvisibleKingSpade
Seeker
Male

#5509848 - 04/12/06 08:59 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wronguy said:
Drop the bullshit drugs, the Benzo I mean,

Quote:

Cykon said:
(I'm anxiety prone and am scripted clonopin)

OfflineWronguy
Re: Benzos hours before a trip to stop anxiety? [Re: KingSpade]
    #5510279 - 04/12/06 10:27 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Having anxiety is not a mental condition nor are people susceptible to it. Anxiety is a state of mind caused by the resetting of the amygdala, period. The catalysis for me was having an extremely intense trip and panicking. For others it may be a death in the family, extreme stress, or some other traumatic event. Regardless of the catalysis, you can free yourself of anxiety without drugs, therapy, or herbs, permanently. I'm sure the drug companies want you to think otherwise. The root of anxiety cannot be cured by any drugs. Only you have the power to cure it. Drugs only mask the effects of anxiety, they do not rid the body of it.

Bottom line here is the Benzo drug he wants to take to relieve anxiety. He doesn't need it. I know many people who have thrown years away on anti-anxiety medication and still have anxiety. I too have suffered from anxiety, but re-programmed my thought patterns and behavioral conditions. Anxiety is caused by behavioral conditioning, not a mental or physical illness. The point in my statement I think was pretty clear.

Anyone who has suffered from anxiety and spent countless hours researching their condition will know what I'm talking about. If you haven't suffered from anxiety then you couldn't possibly understand. Nothing personal, you just have to have been there to understand what I'm saying.

I tried looking up Clonopin in WebMd and they only list "scripted clozapine". I think that's what he meant, I don't know. If there is a medical condition, aside from anxiety, that he has have been diagnosed with, perhaps tripping is not for him.

Invisiblehoboblues
Male
    #5510343 - 04/12/06 10:38 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Good info Wronguy. Thanks.

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #5510964 - 04/13/06 02:15 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

*Klonopin*

-Clonazepam-

I whole-heartedly agree, BTW Wronguy.

So many things that people go through are conditioned responses. Unfortunitely it takes many people a high dose or some kinda Warrior shit to realize what you have and over come it.

My hat's off to you for beating this one, cuz it's a big one. Self-talk can be a real Bitch!

InvisibleKingSpade
Seeker
Male

Re: Benzos hours before a trip to stop anxiety? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #5511307 - 04/13/06 07:22 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

It sounds to me like we've gotta couple of scientologists on our hands. I know some people who could have possibly committed suicide or worse had it not been for benzo's. I'm not attempting to argue with you guys but these medications do exist for a reason and some people actually DO need them!

OfflineWronguy
    #5511633 - 04/13/06 09:32 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Scientology is a joke in my opinion. No offense intended for those who believe. The reason for my argument is that I have suffered from anxiety and found a method that involves simple science, not drugs or the latter. I have learned quite a bit from my own symptoms and most importantly I've learned that drugs do nothing, let me repeat that, do nothing, to cure anxiety.

Suicide is a very common symptom for extreme anxiety sufferers, but it doesn't have to start or end with drugs. If anyone is interested in the method I used to cure my anxiety shoot me a PM. Again, it's science, not religion, drugs, therapy, or an ancient Chinese secret. Re-programming the amygdala is the only way to cure anxiety, permanently. There is no other way. If someone has cured themselves of anxiety through drugs, it's still because they re-programmed their amygdala. The drug just helped them cope.

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#5511922 - 04/13/06 11:02 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

KingSpade said:
It sounds to me like we've gotta couple of scientologists on our hands.

:rofl2:

I never said anything against Benzo's...How the fuck do you think I knew how to spell it?  I got a script right here next to me!  I just try not to take them often.  That's why I congratlulated Wronguy on beating it without them.  It's takes a lot to see what he has seen and to over-come the problem.  I've discovered what he has over the last year with the help of a Brother and past member here...hence the "Warrior shit" statement.  It's about taking responsibility for your own thoughts and self-talk...  I'm just not so good at it yet! :tongue: 

But I still agree with him that it's a conditioned response like so many other things that we do to ourselves.

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
    #5512174 - 04/13/06 12:23 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Anixety medication can help, but it should be used as a last resort. I get anxiety attacks/etc at times -- for a while, they got real bad, and I did go on medication for them.

There would be days where I felt like I was losing my mind, the smallest things would trigger an attack.

Then, one day - I had an 'LSD revelation', in which I was able to really pinpoint the source of my anxiety, and found ways of dealing with it without medication -- since that trip, my anxiety is far less of an issue than it used to be, and say 9 times out of 10, I am able to 'get over it' without the need for the Ativan.

However, now and then - the odd day comes up where even trying to use all of the mental will power / tricks / etc to get around the Anxiety wont work, and I'll reach for the Ativan. However, for me - its a last resort for dealing with anxiety.

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
    #5512175 - 04/13/06 12:23 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

When one begins to essentially "need" a benzo to "get by," and thus places the importance of obtaining benzo's equivalent to acquiring food... (I mean food just keeps you alive, alive and anxious. Benzos are a must!!) I think we've got a problem.

Taking a substance which essentially shuts down higher neural activity (GABA receptor system), thus "permitting" you to function may "work" for some but it makes me begin to heavily question the slant of Western Science.

Personally, if one begins to "Need" medications such as benzos, it represents for me a classic example of substance abuse/addiction. Just because it is readily prescribed does not make it a valid super medicine in my mind.

-I like the drugs, they're fun now and then, but I think they basically suck, make one feel uncognizant (days after a binge) and makes one extremely forgetful. Sitting there at 4 in the morning in my room talking to myself thinking I was still at a party whilst experiencing strange electric currents and writing down incomprehensible jibber jabber, I realized sufficient testing for the drug had not commenced...

I'm going to have to agree with Wronguy, drugs can only mask a problem (anxiety), or temporarily obscure it (decrease in higher neural activity) but they CANNOT directly solve the problem, through neurochemical modulation, as pharmaceutical companies might wish you to believe.

Personally, I think some anxiety (if not most/all) is a subsequent emotion of boredom. I think that often times, anxiety results from being bored for excessively long periods of time with a perceived inability to 'defeat' the said boredom. This causes one to feel "stuck" and extremely anxious, for something, which makes perfect sense if you're just sitting there, bored and waiting, so-to-speak.

Therefor a drug CAN produce some immediate change of stimili hopefully resulting in alleviation from boredom, but only temporarily. If anything, it would seem probable to me that in most situations, these medications only COMPLICATE the problem, as many patients may discover even the medications cannot solve their "problems."

I agree with Wronguy, I say sit there and try and figure out what it is that you'd like to accomplish here on this silly earth.

Just sit there and push yourself to the limit of anxious thoughts, just sit there and think through it.

Chances are, if you've got anxiety, you've probably got the time to think your way out of it.

--------------------

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Benzos hours before a trip to stop anxiety? [Re: Herbus]
    #5512208 - 04/13/06 12:33 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i have a few friends that will not even trip unless they eat a xanax during the trip. they say it makes them trip harder.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

InvisibleVirgilKane
 User Gallery

#5512898 - 04/13/06 04:26 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I'm with ya! :thumbup:

Once again....Warrior-type stuff......

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineWronguy
    #5512914 - 04/13/06 04:32 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Bad choice of words on my part. When I said "Chinese secrets" I was referring to the old laundry detergent commercials where what you see is not what you get. A portion of the program for the anxiety cure does involve some breathing exercises through Thai Chi, however 98% of the program is changing your behavior. Changing your behavior re-programs the amygdala indirectly.

Anyway, no offense intended towards the Chinese or their methods.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #5520214 - 04/16/06 02:48 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i'd say go with opiates instead of benzos

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: Benzos hours before a trip to stop anxiety? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #5520225 - 04/16/06 02:57 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Actually Wronguy's method is appealing i'll get back to you on that conversation.
Opiates aren't as great for anxiety attacks as much as benzos.

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Muppet69_420 (04/16/06 03:07 AM)

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: Benzos hours before a trip to stop anxiety? [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #5520233 - 04/16/06 03:10 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

What if you change your persona completely because of such direct approaches towards the amygdala. I wouldn't wanna be a completely new person with different feelings on things rather than just anxiety.

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom