Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedoesntmattermuch
Stranger
starting new grow chamber
    #5498392 - 04/09/06 11:09 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i need to think of a better way to do my grows so i figured some sort of grow chamber, prolly a some shelves covered in plastic. however i have only few possible areas that i can use. one of the most promising is an attack HOWEVER the attick in question is in the south of the usa which means HOT AS FUCK were talking upwards of maybe 120f thats a rough guess it could be a LITTLE bit less or a good bit more im not really sure.

anyway can anyone think of a good way to make a big growing chamber and have it be cooler then its surroundings without spending a crapton on electricity for an airconditioner

or could anyone think of a good idea for a chamber period

anyway love the forums, much love

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: starting new grow chamber [Re: doesntmattermuch]
    #5498542 - 04/09/06 11:55 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

electirc cooler.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos
Re: starting new grow chamber [Re: doesntmattermuch]
    #5498550 - 04/09/06 11:57 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Probably the easiest, larger scale bulk grow set-up would be the monotub/double-tub. Totally awesome and can yield really impressive amounts of mushies.

Wronguy has a great double tub pictorial, which can very easily be adapted to a monotub set-up. They're easy to make, easy to maintain, and easy to clean after they flush out. Ohmatic also made a thread of his monotub and is a great reference as well.

One tub alone can supply enough to keep you and your friends happy, two or three tubs on rotation can give you enough to share with your friends' friends and then some, and still keep an impressive stockpile of your own. Plus, the fact that they're only storage bins means that they're totally incognito in closets or storage buildings.

The main downside with the doubletubs though is that you're basically putting all your apples in one basket, so if it contams, you just totally lost like all, or a major part of, your crop. But that shouldn't be a problem assuming proper precaution is taken. Also pasteurized poo tends to be a bit more contam-resistant.

All-in-all, I believe the ease and convenience of the monotub totally outweigh the negatives, so yeah, there's my bit of advice.

EDIT: I don't think you'll be able to get around that heat issue. Attics are never insulated very well, and I really doubt there will be an effective way to cool one in the middle of a southern summer. Perhaps you could do a monotub and just store it in your closet? Or maybe put a book and lamp on it and place it next to your bed as a side-table, so no one even notices it's there.

--------------------

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: starting new grow chamber [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #5498564 - 04/10/06 12:04 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

120f thats a rough guess it could be a LITTLE bit less or a good bit more im not really sure.

electirc cooler. why would an electricly controlled cooler not work?

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos
Re: starting new grow chamber [Re: mikeownow]
    #5498605 - 04/10/06 12:26 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Are you talking about an AC unit? Or like an individual chamber being cooled electrically?

Really the main reason I don't think an electric cooler would be a wise option is because of the lack of insulation in attics. Without insulation it just takes SO much to maintain a constant low temperature when it's hot out. I really think it'd cost a bundle to power the thing, as it'd probably be running nonstop for 16 or more hours out of the day.

Technically it'd probably work, but I can't see it being very effective. It just seems to me that it'd be easier and more financially-friendly to just find another location that generally stays in an acceptable range of 65-85ish.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates