Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Loc: Doral Florida
coffe filters...
    #5490489 - 04/07/06 03:59 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Does anyone use coffie filters as tops? I read the tek where you use two coffie filters and rubber bands as tops.. I put foil on top and cooked them, let them cool over night and found that they are still quite damp on top.. Just slightly concerned that might now be good..

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

Re: coffe filters... [Re: prototypical_man]
    #5490510 - 04/07/06 04:07 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I use two coffee filter with elastic bands on top of a tyvek filter. I also put foil on top, as many other people do to keep moisture out during the PC process. You should be fine. Give it a week or two without looking.

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #5490516 - 04/07/06 04:09 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: coffe filters... [Re: agar]
    #5490528 - 04/07/06 04:12 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

If coffee filters are all you have for a lid, good luck getting it colonized without either drying out or contaminating. The contaminant spores to mushroom cultivation are much smaller than the holes in coffee filters, so they'll go right through.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Loc: Doral Florida
Re: coffe filters... [Re: agar]
    #5490532 - 04/07/06 04:13 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Agar, Im just wondering , when you use the coffee filters, when you take them out of the cooker the next day , is the coffee filter still wet.. ?

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

#5490538 - 04/07/06 04:15 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

The coffee filters shouldn't stay wet that long. Maybe a couple hours at most. Sorry I'm not agar, but that's from my experience

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: coffe filters... [Re: cookeman]
    #5490586 - 04/07/06 04:42 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Any filter material will remain damp until you remove the foil.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom