Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleIncognito
MUSHROOM SPORES * 1
    #548962 - 02/12/02 01:16 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'm willing to kill anyone who can get me some good mushroom spores for and edible variety. the tastier, the better. i will kill very greatly.

--------------------
To make a contribution to the Society for Restructuring Your Lives please contact me. We accept contributions of the following types: capital, capital producing systems, information deemed vauable to the society. Please direct all inquiries to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSir Tokes-A-Lot
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: MUSHROOM SPORES [Re: Incognito] * 1
    #549426 - 02/12/02 09:17 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

that didn't make much sense...

--------------------

"If god liked midgets, he woulda made 'em come on stilts."- ChemicalMonkey (The Early Years)

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
    #550339 - 02/13/02 04:59 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Lol
Well, i think you'll have to do a lot of killing. As others here have explained to me a while ago, edible mushroomes are not sold as spores, but rather as live cultures.
Try searching FungiPerfecti

luck

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

InvisibleIncognito
    #553850 - 02/16/02 07:03 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i know they are usually sold in culture, but i want spores.

--------------------
To make a contribution to the Society for Restructuring Your Lives please contact me. We accept contributions of the following types: capital, capital producing systems, information deemed vauable to the society. Please direct all inquiries to me.

Invisiblealtarego
    #555146 - 02/18/02 07:52 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Why exactly?

Cultures are isolated, reliably fruiting strains. Starting from spores is almost never done, unless one was looking for a new strain, and if P. Cubensis et al were legal, nobody would bother with spores there either.

It's your time, but IMHO you'd be wasting it going from spores, when you could get a culture from someone or even cloning a mushroom from your local supermarket (P. eryngii is a good candidate for that).

- AE

OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
Re: MUSHROOM SPORES [Re: altarego] * 1
    #564924 - 02/27/02 03:53 PM (22 years, 25 days ago)

would it be that easy? I was thinking of trying to clone some shiitake from my local supermarket.

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

Invisiblearmedia
Dikaryon

Re: MUSHROOM SPORES [Re: MushyMay] * 1
    #565103 - 02/27/02 07:33 PM (22 years, 25 days ago)

I might be. Store-bought mushrooms can be cloned, but one never knows the requirements of any particular strain, and you might waste time trying to figure out the best substrate (some shiitake strains grow best on logs, while others prefer a sawdust base). Pleurotis are more forgiving in this respect, and you might have good luck with them.

If you want to get a particular mushroom AND know its favored substrate, buy a kit (from FP or elsewhere), clone it, figure out what's in the block and make more (blocks are by definition NOT logs, so you don't have to ask that question.)

And kits are far cheaper than buying a strain outright as a culture.

-A

Offlinebytal
Stranger
Loc: Canada, eh?
Re: MUSHROOM SPORES [Re: MushyMay] * 1
    #570138 - 03/05/02 12:42 AM (22 years, 19 days ago)

I work in a produce store. and im new to mushrooms as a whole. but i stole a pack of oyster mushrooms. I followed instruction in the book "Growing Gourmet and Medicinal mushrooms" by paul stamets. To take a sample from a mushroom have have to take a samply from INSIDE so you know its contamination free inside. I then just tried out of curiousity and put it into a 1/2qt jar with brown rice flour, verm and water that i had sterilyzed the day before. I tried to 2 jars. both produced mycelium, albeit slowly. one got contaminated. the other one filled out. I havnt managed to innoculate a stump or anything yet with this one jar but i know i can produce mushrooms because it actually produced a very very flat squashed oyster mushroom inside the jar. I also tried this with enoki mushrooms. they did colonize the jars,however since these mushrooms are so small,you cant take an internal sample form a mushroom. and both jars became contaminated. but yes it can work.

OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
Re: MUSHROOM SPORES [Re: bytal] * 1
    #570979 - 03/05/02 10:09 PM (22 years, 18 days ago)

Sounds like your experiment worked. Oyster mushrooms are sometimes grown in jars anyway aren't they? I might have to give it a try now. Very encouraging, thanks bytal. You probably shouldn't steal from your place of employment though.

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

InvisibleIncognito
    #577425 - 03/12/02 10:03 PM (22 years, 11 days ago)

i need spores specifically because i live in a cold climate and mycelia would die.

--------------------

Anonymous

#601663 - 04/07/02 10:12 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Many types of mycelium are tolerant to freezing. F.velutipes ( Enokie, Velvet Foot, Winter Mushroom) fruit in the winter, and the mushrooms can freeze and continue growing when the temperature rises above freezing. There are several types of mushroom mycelium that can withstand freezing, Grifola frondosa ( Miatake ), Flammulina velutipes (Enoki, Velvet Foot), Ganoderma lucidum (Reshi), Hericium erinaceus (Lions Mane, Hegehog) ,Lentinula edodes (Shiitake )etc..
Tropical strains, Ps. cubensis ( Shrooms ), P.djamor ( Pink Oyster ), A.blazei ( Himematsutake), etc. will not.
If you want spores so you can inoculate with a syringe, you can use liquid-inoculation TEK's instead, and get faster colonization too.

Anonymous

#607108 - 04/13/02 07:51 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

So what will you do with the spores other than hope to get mycellium? Why not just buy the culture to start? Thats the way it is done.

I've seen vendors offering edibles spores in a syringe, don't get sucked in. Thats not the way it's done. You better do some research! Different species require different paramaters and substrates and methods.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates