Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekrill
absolute gonzo
Male

Loc: mars hotel
Question on Ghee (Clarified Ganja Butter)...
    #5480302 - 04/04/06 07:32 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yo.

for those who are not YET in the know, "Ghee" is a term for "clarified butter". Ghee is used in Indian cooking and other fare, but is also the connoisseur's choice for making/using "weed butter".

it is a process of "clarifiying" or "refining" REAL butter for cooking purposes.

if you make "Ghee" with Marujuana, you have the creme de la creme - as far as magic brownies (or any other POT FOODs) are concerned.

here's the method i use, (Thanks to Chef Ra!!!):

Weed to Real Butter ratio:

1/4 ounce of Weed per 1 stick of REAL butter. (i heard this is basically the 'saturation' point, and using more weed can't make it any more potent)...

-use a (or procure a makeshift) Double-Boiler-Pot (smaller pot IN larger pot)
-in the boiler (larger) pot, get the water to the "barely-boiling" phase
-put butter in the 2nd (smaller/inner boiler) pot to melt
-once melted, add powdered/ground weed (i use a coffee grinder on de-stemmed/de-seeded bud for BEST results)
-SIMMER the powdered weed in the melted butter for about 45 minutes
-don't let the water reach a "rolling" boil / make sure the weed and butter don't get hot enough to "scorch" or burn.

once the weed butter has simmered for 1/2 - 1 hour, remove the INNER pot (from the Double-Boiler) and set aside.

-take a Pyrex dish (casserole size - 8x8", 9x9", 9x13" or whatever's clever)
-fill pyrex dish with 2-3" of purified water

-pour (still melted) weed butter into the water in the pyrex dish.
-COVER pyrex dish with saran wrap.
-put covered casserole dish (with water and weed butter) in refridgerator.
-let sit in fridge 8 hours / overnight.

** FINISHED PRODUCT **

the FAT from the butter forms a solidified layer on the top of the water in the dish. WE ALL (SHOULD) KNOW THAT THC IS FAT SOLUBLE - not WATER SOLUBLE...

all the THC from the weed was absorbed into the fat from the butter (you MUST use REAL butter - it ranges from 11-14 grams of fat per tablespoon). all the SEDIMENT falls to the BOTTOM of the dish. the SEDIMENT includes: plant material, salt from the butter, dairy/cream products in the butter, etc. --> everything but the FAT & THC will settle to the bottom and the FAT/THC rises to the top and turns solid.

then you collect the "Ghee / Clarified Butter" from the dish and store in a tupperware in the fridge. you use this to substitute for butter or oil in your favorite recipies. as long as the Ghee doesn't get hot enough to smoke, it will remain POTENT AS HELL.

WITH THAT SAID, MY QUESTION ARISES:

for those who already know what ganja ghee is, have made-used-cooked with is... i have a question.

my buddy us convinced that you can get aroung using a Double-Boiler Pot, and even skip a step or two using THIS method:

he says you can just take a large pot,
-Combine Water, Weed, and Butter in the SAME pot
-Boil all together for 1/2 - 1 hour
-Pour water, weed and butter into dish and Cover w/ saran Wrap
-Allow to seperate and set up in the fridge...

He CLAIMS you will get the same "ghee" / results from doing this.

i told him, i had never heard of that - and that the tried and true method af making Gnaja Ghee i've ALWAYS used is SURE to work.

He also challenges me on the fact that you can use MORE than 1/4 ounce

--------------------
"DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND.  IT IS REALITY THAT IS MALFUNCTIONING." - Robert Anton Wilson

NO LEFT TURN UN-STONED

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Question on Ghee (Clarified Ganja Butter)... [Re: krill]
    #5480322 - 04/04/06 07:37 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

so you don't have to strain plant matter out, even if like there is thick stims and it's not powdered...

by putting it all in the fridge the butter will separate and be on top away from all the plant particulate and remnants?

if so that is truely an interesting method.

i wonder if there are any enjoyable legal herbs that can be cooked with for psychoactive effects in this manner.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinekrill
absolute gonzo
Male

Re: Question on Ghee (Clarified Ganja Butter)... [Re: leery11]
    #5480339 - 04/04/06 07:41 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

sorry, guess my post had too many words, so allow me to Finish right quick...

he also says you can use MORE that 7 grams (1/4 oz.) of weed PER stick of butter.

he claims there's NO WAY to KNOW what the "saturation point" is, and it would ALSO have to depend on WHAT TYPE of marijuana source you are using: wheter its 7 grams of Shwag, Middies, Kind Bud, Fan leaves, Trim/Kief, etc...

i just want some "clarifying" advice from some Heads who may be able to shed some light on the subjekt here...

e/z

--------------------
"DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND.  IT IS REALITY THAT IS MALFUNCTIONING." - Robert Anton Wilson

NO LEFT TURN UN-STONED

Offlinekrill
absolute gonzo
Male

#5480367 - 04/04/06 07:48 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
so you don't have to strain plant matter out, even if like there is thick stims and it's not powdered...

by putting it all in the fridge the butter will separate and be on top away from all the plant particulate and remnants?

i wonder if there are any enjoyable legal herbs that can be cooked with for psychoactive effects in this manner.

YES. THC is FAT-SOLUBLE. this is why its SO HARD to get "clean" and get THC completely OUT of your system. it doesnt DISSOLVE IN WATER, IT DISSOLVES IN FAT.

So, when you SIMMER it with (real) Butter, you essentially "extract" the THC into the Fat of the butter.

making "ghee" or "CLARIFIED butter" is a process that Extracts/Dissolves the THC from the Marijuana into the Fat of the Butter, then seperates out everything else.

it doesn't matter how fine you powder or grind your weed. at least not as far as the SEPERATION aspect is concerned. its just that the FINER you powder the Bud, the MORE THC you are CERTAIN to extract.

OIL AND WATER DON'T MIX.
if you saturate the "oil" (FAT) with THC - they become ONE.
it FLOATS on the water because water and fat/oil dont mix.
the rest falls to the bottom or the water. :thumbup:

--------------------

NO LEFT TURN UN-STONED

Offlinefotd_smile
Budding Fungi
Male User Gallery

#12910837 - 07/17/10 09:06 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:

I am wondering this same thing. I am using leaf and stem and it absorbed all the butter. The ratio I used is 1 stick of butter to 1 oz of leaf/stem/trim. If I put this mush of plant matter into water will the butter float to the top or do I have to get cheesecloth and strain/press it?

--------------------
Words of comfort whispered to the injured,
words of courage whispered to the scared,
words of encouragement whispered to a child,
words of love whispered to the sky.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds