Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

Loc: Texas - where else?
Faith based = reatrded?
    #5479594 - 04/04/06 03:34 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

i was raised in a Baptist home. all other religions were considered wrong even other chirstian ones. prayer was the solution to everything though it nwever worked. beleiving in somthing for no reason other than someone else put a story on paper jest seems stoopid.

--------------------
i have less ego than you do!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Faith based = reatrded? [Re: Temptress]
    #5479600 - 04/04/06 03:36 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Agreed.

OfflineTemptress
Butterfly
Female

Loc: Texas - where else?
Re: Faith based = reatrded? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5479609 - 04/04/06 03:39 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

u certainly r no fun.  :tongue2:

--------------------
i have less ego than you do!

OfflineKungFu_Shaman
naive and lovingit

Loc: noitacaol cihpargoeg
    #5479653 - 04/04/06 03:52 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

What if you were to believe in something for a reason?

--------------------
Feel the wrath of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#5479929 - 04/04/06 05:37 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

While this can be a fun filled activity, it makes me curious about motives.

As Gene Simmons said, "you should really like yourself more than you deserve to, because the alternative isn't very good."

Let people have their delusions. Christanity creates a lot of bad, and a lot of good. I'll let god sort it out :tongue:

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free."
~Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: Faith based = reatrded? [Re: Rahz]
    #5480082 - 04/04/06 06:24 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

sadly that religion happens to be the right one

i dont get along with god, dont get me wrong, and the bible thumpers dont help...

just put it this way, i know demonic entities who are 100 percent positive that there is a god and there is definately a devil...

ok, enough from the crazy guy

Quote:

I'll let god sort it out

even so, God has not been doing too good of a job in my opinion, hopefully that will change here in the next few years... alas

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #5480237 - 04/04/06 07:16 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Im a changed man! Complete Atheist now, thanks to you camel-toe avatar and your thouroughl logical explanations with every other word misspelled!

:bowdown:

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Re: Faith based = reatrded? [Re: TheGus]
    #5480278 - 04/04/06 07:25 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

TheGus said:

even so, God has not been doing too good of a job in my opinion, hopefully that will change here in the next few years... alas

I sometimes thought that before I found God, but everything makes sense once you know his plan and why it must be done.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Faith based = reatrded? [Re: Demotriton]
    #5480479 - 04/04/06 08:22 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Thats why i am pagan.
p.s. before someone knocks what i belive in, read up on it.
Peace

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Faith based = reatrded? [Re: Kada]
    #5480568 - 04/04/06 08:49 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

If one follows only the admonitions directly attributed to Jesus Christ it becomes obvious that all spirituality is valid and existed before christ. Faith on the other hand is an intrinsic part of the human existance. We have faith in our sensual perceptions, in our perceptions of reality, indeed we have faith that we even exist to which I would agree Faith= retarded and we all are riding the special bus.
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Faith based = reatrded? [Re: whiterasta]
    #5480817 - 04/04/06 09:44 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

usually it helps your case against said retarded subject if you spell your insults right....

OfflineKungFu_Shaman
naive and lovingit

Re: Faith based = reatrded? [Re: whiterasta]
    #5480862 - 04/04/06 09:56 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

But why does faith have to be related to Christianity, religion or God for that matter. Why can a person not have faith in hope, faith in the intrinsic goodness of man, faith in nature?

--------------------

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Faith based = reatrded? [Re: KungFu_Shaman]
    #5480887 - 04/04/06 10:03 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

That was my point, Christ is about spirituality. Faith however is what makes us believe we exist and what we percieve to be "true". We can share semi-objective observations and agree upon them but in the end we are just having faith in our powers of perception. Without it we would be frozen in a state of permanent doubt of what is real and what is not. We have faith that what we percieve is in fact real.
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflinejustAkid
Member of myCulture

Loc: The Present
    #5481106 - 04/04/06 11:02 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

i was raised in a Baptist home. all other religions were considered wrong even other chirstian ones. prayer was the solution to everything though it nwever worked. beleiving in somthing for no reason other than someone else put a story on paper jest seems stoopid.

Christianity is about Love. People can and degrade that principle until legalism destroys goodness. The faith is supposed to be in Love, not in the literal meaning of the book.

People who do not interpret the book on their own, with their own guidance will only see the legalism. Reading the book objectively will open your eyes to Love and help you see the stories as they are, stories.

--------------------
Trust thyself.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #5483142 - 04/05/06 02:27 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

KungFu_Shaman said:
Why can a person not have faith in hope, faith in the intrinsic goodness of man, faith in nature?

This is how I worship God. by having faith in these things and others.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#5484506 - 04/05/06 08:48 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Just throwing in my opinion. Faith is an emotion, no specific beliefs are necessary. I used to think I knew what faith was, but understanding a definition and knowing something can be two different things. Faith is something you experience. Hope is the precursor to faith. If you can't quite believe "in your heart", you can have hope. Faith is not based on logical premesis, so it must be experienced to be understood. Faith can be lost... back to hope. Jesus wanted us to have faith... in ourselves. My opinion.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free."
~Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

OfflineKungFu_Shaman
naive and lovingit

Re: Faith based = reatrded? [Re: Rahz]
    #5485836 - 04/06/06 09:29 AM (18 years, 14 days ago)

In total agreement with you, Rahz, and blaze2

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#5487279 - 04/06/06 06:30 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Temptress said:
beleiving in somthing for no reason other than someone else put a story on paper jest seems stoopid.

Yes you are correct IF, that is the reason.............." to believe for no reason"

It may be possible that you missed the core of what faith is or what to " believe " in something is ?

On paper or from your own mouth your world is as you believe.

Every choice we make becomes our beliefs in action.

Faith as you learned it may well be kinda messed up but don't just throw all the possibilities of deep faith away. Simply because you may or may not have had bad experiences with a church.

Believing in the unseen is unnatural but definitely not unknown

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #5487685 - 04/06/06 08:11 PM (18 years, 14 days ago)

I have faith in humanity, simply because I have faith in myself, and I am human.

I have faith in nature, and as far as i know, Humans are natural and operating on a natural process.

I have faith in the evolution of human thought and culture, which is basically the human thought collective.

How should I react? well there have been plenty of things in my life that tell me what they think is the correct way to react to the world.

But what truly makes sense?

Brotherhood is the only thing that makes sense in the long run. People need to look past the things that they think defines them as people, and see what it is truly that does such things.

race? nationality? class? social status? gender? of course not, humanity goes above all these things.

religion? an excuse to think other humans are somehow less than you, or that you deserve something more than any other human. Perhaps its also a way escaping the reality of equality in humanity, a delusion of holier than thou as they say.

Yes love is a part of what religion is supposed to be, but the truth is Love is spirituality, it is sweeping of all people, even if there not in that religion. "Love thy enemies" and such. Love doesn't tell you how to worship. Love doesn't tell you how to appropriate your faith. Love doesn't tell you how to kill. RELIGION does. The idea that were all separate does.

Humanity is at a point in its life (like it always has been for the past hundred years) where theres only a few crucial steps of growth left to obtain. Soon resources will diminish, the poor will get poorer and the rich will begin its own nation of greed and gluttony that will eventually crush itself, and the evolution of human culture (combined human thought) will take a turn for itself. In such a way that compassion is the norm and love is the new law.

fuckin aye I'm rambling.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale