Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Birth and the psychedelic experience
    #547742 - 02/11/02 10:27 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone have any resonances with Stanislav Grofs theories about the psychedelic experience being related to the birth experience?

Interesting thing about aliens - maybe the interpretation of aliens greeting you with love you often get on psychedelics is related to being born and people hugging you etc.

Stage 1. The amniotic universe: no boundaries. The re-experiencing adult describes ocean, galaxy, heaven, cosmic unity beyond time and space. Arriving toxins or lack of nourishment link with images of poison, danger, and evil forces.

Stage 2. Engulfment and no exit: stage 1 of delivery. There are contractions but the cervix is closed so there is no way out. Symbolism includes engulfment and imminent disaster, expulsion from Eden, the sense of original sin (to have deserved this fate) and hell: entrapment in a claustrophobic, endless nightmare of pain from which escape is impossible.

Stage 3. The death-rebirth struggle: contractions continue but the cervix is dilated. The baby moves through the birth canal, struggling against suffocation and compression. Symbolism includes a titanic struggle with energy building up towards explosive release, cataclysm.

Stage 4. The death-rebirth experience: Tension is released, the child is born into light. In adults, annihilation of all previous reference points, ego death, is followed by rebirth: visions of white light, arriving in paradise, and positive feelings about self, others and life. The stages may not be worked through sequentially, and may be repeated many times.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Edited by Alex123 (02/11/02 10:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: Birth and the psychedelic experience [Re: Xlea321]
    #548816 - 02/12/02 10:38 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I read about it a while ago, and even if I don't remember the details, I found most of it to seem true. It's only to excpect, given the self-similarity of our universe on all these different levels.

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#549985 - 02/13/02 11:38 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hi ALEX123!!

My favorite book on Psychedelics of the several yards I've managed to collect over the years is without a single doubt Stan(islav) Grof's Masterpiece:

"LSD PSYCHOTHERAPY"

The second word's a turnoff to most which is REALLY a shame, because after studying that book you've pretty much got answers on EVERY SINGLE QUESTION you've ever had on Psychedelics & lots you didn't ask yourself... Which you should have!!! EVERYONE MUST READ IT.

Of the hundreds of things he theorizes about, I've only stumbled on one mistake I could identify. He has the BEST view on Psychedelics in my humble opinion.
With this work all "?"s I had before about tripping became "!" to "!!!!!"s.
On his Perinatal (Death/Rebirth) work: IT'S TRUE !!!

I see this in several trips I've had & know of. A female friend & me had a word-fight. We decided, after truce was called, to trip on 20mg 2CB (usually mild) & see if there were issues to be dealth with in the Afterglow. (DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS!!! IT'S A VETERAN/STUPID THING TO DO !!!)

Even not having read Grof, she plunged into Full Perinatal. Foetuses, Birth memories, extreme emotions... I lived with my mother then & she walked in on us. When she saw her in Physical processes, just like 3sec after coming in the door she exclaimed startledly: "She's in labour...!" This was the case albeit a Psychedelic baby. She was being born & her mother giving birth to her. It looked 100% like real labour for like 2x15min. Then she was thrown clear of it.
She had had great agony: She came out in a Bliss state.
The last open-eye visual she had was herself as a foetus, peacefully going to sleep.
The next day we went to a festivity in town. She got a great feeling, both Physical & Mental, whenever she saw a mother with a babycarriage. When she saw a mother cuddle her baby, she burst into tears of joy.
This lasted 3 days & she felt better ever since.

I myself have discovered to be stuck in a certain Matrix since birth. Since I refuse to expose myself here I'll keep everybody in the dark 'bout this. I'll just say:

GROF SPEAKS THE BEST TRUTH I'VE EVER HEARD ON PSYCHEDELICS & PSYCHOLOGY IN GENERAL.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
    #550337 - 02/13/02 04:59 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I dont mean to be mean but to me those ideas do not relate to experiences I have had whilst tripping .

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Birth and the psychedelic experience [Re: Food]
    #553343 - 02/16/02 04:32 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

FOOD:

Ofcourse there are vast differences between people's Trip experiences. There are a Zillion ways to build a brain, thus a Zillion ways in which people can Trip.
But the Birth/Death thingy's a recurring theme in alot of them.
Since this Perinatal stuff tends to appear after several subsequent sessions, or may never surface at all, you can either some day find you're moving into it or never even go there.
Please read the book ! The Perinatal stuff's only a small fraction of the total theory. It'll likely blow you away!
Anyhoo: never heard/read a Tripreport which made you think: "This CAN'T be the same Mushroom I use?" Different Trips for Different Folks...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies