Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Marshal Law in the US
    #5475735 - 04/03/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I was reading a story about some new stuff that came out of the pentagon. This got me to thinking (A dangerous thing, thinking) and I realized something. I am going to lay it out, maybe I am just paranoid!

#1) Bush authorizes NSA to spy on Americans  Washington Post

#2) Bush claims the legal authority to do so via the War and Emergence powers act  CNN

#3) Conservative party wins Canada. Ads suggest that the Conservative party will declare marshal law  Wikipedia

#4) The pentagon papers leak outlining a propaganda war and control of the internet as well as all communications media  Sunday Herald

So with all this in place what is next?
Can we expect the question of the presidents claim of the war and emergence powers act to come to a court decision?
I would think so, and if it is ruled that the president is within his powers to use the act? Then the next step is Marshal Law. All he needs is the declaration that he has the act at his disposal! Does Canada follow with it's new Conservative government? Am I crazy?

:crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Marshal Law in the US [Re: Cyber]
    #5476322 - 04/03/06 07:53 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Martial law.

I share your concern- I don't think we are quite there yet, but the mechanisms, the tools are mostly in place including detention camps which have been contracted out to a Halliburton subsidiary. The stage has been set.

So you have the tools + the excuse [an open-ended "War on terror"].
Just what the doctor ordered.

If you see another terror attack in the U.S. during the Bush regime, expect to see the Patriot Act II, drafted by John Asscroft, rammed through as well. They will use any threat as an excuse to centralize more and more power in the executive, limiting freedom in the name of security.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Marshal Law in the US [Re: zorbman]
    #5477209 - 04/03/06 11:14 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #5477255 - 04/03/06 11:22 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I've never lived under marshal law, but I'm guessing it's a fuck of a lot worse than living in America. Leaps and bounds.

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Marshal Law in the US [Re: DieCommie]
    #5477358 - 04/03/06 11:44 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

*takes on tank with handgun*

*wakes up*

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Marshal Law in the US [Re: Gijith]
    #5477393 - 04/03/06 11:50 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I've never lived under marshal law

Me neither. Hopefully its not worse than "martial" law cause I hear that sucks.  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#5477501 - 04/04/06 12:20 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
*takes on tank with handgun*

*wakes up*

havent seen what is going on in Iraq?

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #5477521 - 04/04/06 12:23 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

marshal law?

is that like where I roam the land with my Les Paul and a Marshal amp, dishing out my own brand of justice to evildoers by rocking out so hard it makes their heads explode? 

:lol:

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#5477545 - 04/04/06 12:28 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

havent seen what is going on in Iraq?

Yep and there you have a culture which venerates martyrs.

Here we have a culture where allowing another to change channels is considered sacrifice.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#5477566 - 04/04/06 12:34 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

so you admit, you can take on a tank with a handgun, given the right motivation and resourcefulness.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#5477574 - 04/04/06 12:36 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Or stupidity.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#5477618 - 04/04/06 12:46 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

You win - when martial law is declared and the american people subjugated, ill throw away my gun and surrender.  To do otherwise would be "stupidity" :rolleyes:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Marshal Law in the US [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5477634 - 04/04/06 12:51 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
marshal law?

is that like where I roam the land with my Les Paul and a Marshal amp, dishing out my own brand of justice to evildoers by rocking out so hard it makes their heads explode? 

:lol:

Sounds like my kind of legal system.  :hairmetal:

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#5477649 - 04/04/06 12:53 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Black-and-white reasoning is what makes civil wars possible.

You are more of a danger to yourself and the unfortunate people who depend upon you with that gun than without it.
Just check the stats on handgun deaths in the U.S. if you doubt me.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5477666 - 04/04/06 12:58 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
Black-and-white reasoning is what makes civil wars possible.

You are more of a danger to yourself and the unfortunate people who depend upon you with that gun than without it.
Just check the stats on handgun deaths in the U.S. if you doubt me.

Have you checked the stats, or are you just reciting more leftist babble?

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Marshal Law in the US [Re: Silversoul]
    #5477674 - 04/04/06 01:01 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

A gun in the home is 4 times more likely to be involved in an unintentional shooting, 7 times more likely to be used to commit a criminal assault or homicide, and 11 times more likely to be used to attempt or commit suicide than to be used in self-defense.

http://www.ichv.org/Statistics.htm

--------------------

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
    #5477830 - 04/04/06 02:03 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

so you admit, you can take on a tank with a handgun, given the right motivation and resourcefulness.

No, they don't take on tanks with handguns. That would be silly. They take on tanks with explosives placed at the roadside.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: Marshal Law in the US [Re: Alex213]
    #5477966 - 04/04/06 03:57 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Your name is Alex Clauswitz, isn't it? Do you think it would be wise (from a tactical and strategic POV) for U.S. soldiers to stop carrying and using their small arms because of their ineffectiveness? Why hasn't our military come to the same conclusions that you harbor about small arms? If you could find enough Generals to agree with you, our armed forces could save copious quantities of dollars and fuel and carry a lot less useless junk around that is ineffective in modern warfare. Oh hell, if small arms are ineffective, there is absolutely no need to go through the risk of confiscating them! Let the Iraqis have them all they want! Please contact the Pentagon with your insights, brilliant!

Seriously Mr. Clauswitz, quite a few dead and wounded U.S. soldiers have bullets in them from the small arms. Granted they were probably not safely ensconced in the confines of a tank at the time they were struck. However, for every dead occupier there is one less soldier carrying a gun or using a weapon of any kind against Iraqis. Every new death or injury can add to the doubts of the occupying soldiers. Every new coalition casualty can help lead to a loss by attrition. Our generals know this, the Iraqis know this, why don't you?

* The concepts contained herein can easily be applied to resistance in the U.S. against a tyrannical domestic government should the populace choose to actively resist. If the populace chooses to be passive or supports the government's action, the point is moot.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: Marshal Law in the US [Re: Autonomous]
    #5478559 - 04/04/06 10:03 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Your name is Alex Clauswitz, isn't it?

No.

Do you think it would be wise (from a tactical and strategic POV) for U.S. soldiers to stop carrying and using their small arms because of their ineffectiveness?

No.

Why hasn't our military come to the same conclusions that you harbor about small arms?

Presumably they have, which is why you tend not to see soldiers being sent to fight tanks armed only with small arms.

Oh hell, if small arms are ineffective

Stop. Just stop for a second and think about what you are saying.

When did I say small arms were ineffective? I said the Iraqi insurgents usually attack armoured vehicles with roadside explosives rather than small arms.

Now take a deep breath, pause for thought and then tell me, what part of this statement is wrong?

OfflineEmpTyCLosEtSpAcE
yatahey
 User Gallery

Re: Marshal Law in the US [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5479903 - 04/04/06 05:19 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yup, like a 6-string samurai baby!!

--------------------
I can't imagine what the cops are going to think when they come in and see a couple hippies on some guy covered in puke and shit screaming i'm dying as we tell him it's ok he'll like it.-Chinacat72

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom