Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLord_of_Fungus
The AlmightyLord & Master ofThe Universe

Abortion: Is it RIGHT or WRONG???
    #546441 - 02/10/02 08:01 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ok...I have heard from various sources....of which I'm not sure are completely reliable...that aborts are more potent than fully matured mushies, because they have a more concentrated psilocybin content, and because their caps are closed, so they are containing the spores, which is another source of psilocybin, and for other reasons I can't remember. So, should I start having abortions, and risk having anti-abortion protesters with banners around my house?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetullycraft
Re: Abortion: Is it RIGHT or WRONG??? [Re: Lord_of_Fungus]
    #546445 - 02/10/02 08:14 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well.. I don't know that they are more potent per unit of weight since I never had a scale to weigh out my doses to compare... but a friend of mine did a dose of mostly aborts, and she tripped her ass off. She even started talking about not wanting to trip again because she got so high.

Anonymous

#546486 - 02/10/02 09:28 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Abhorts are very small, it takes a lot to make a gram. If it's obvious they are abhorts, pick 'em. Otherwise, let the healthy ones grow to full size.

By the way, there is no psilcybin in the spores, its just that when they start dropping, the mushroom stops producing. It's really a moot point, you'd never notice the difference.

InvisibleZylo
journeyman
    #547305 - 02/11/02 12:17 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

1.Spores do not contain any psilocybin in them.

2. Aborts are only more potent percentage wise. A fully grown mushroom will have more psilocybin than an abort does, even though the percentage of psilocybin will be less than an abort.

I'm not using any real statistics or measurments here, but this is what I'm talking about as easy as I can explain.

- Lets say you have an aborted shroom weighing 1 gram containing 5 units of psilocybin. You now have 5 units of Psilocybin.

- Now, lets say instead of aborting, that same shroom grew fully, and you managed to get 5 grams total weight containing only 3 units of psilocybin per gram. That means you have 15 units of psilocybin.

What does this mean?

Abort shroom - 1 gram - 5 units of psilocybin = MORE POTENT (per gram)
Full Grown Shroom - 1 gram - 3 units of psilocybin = LESS POTENT (per gram)

The final score:

Abort shroom - 1 gram total = 5 Units of psilocybin = LESS Psilocybin
Full grown shroom - 5 grams total = 15 Units of psilocybin = MORE Psilocybin

As you can see, although the aborted shrooms are more potent per gram. The bottom line is that the fully grown shrooms contain more psilocybin since they are able to grow much bigger.

This is as best I can explain where the confusion comes in for a lot of people.

OfflineSurf Bum
    #547319 - 02/11/02 12:26 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

if you really want the most potent ones feed the first flush to your dogs drop the temp in yoru terrarium and harvest all of those aborts (secondflush/droptemp/onlyaborts) that should be max potentcy, but then again who gives a shit, eat them all, make a big glass of shroom tea throw some in your spaghetti and have a mushroom smoothee for desert, makes me hungry

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract