Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineebass
Stranger
 User Gallery

question about the Club99 s Honeywater Mycelium Tek
    #5461592 - 03/30/06 08:44 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Hey,
Just wondering if anyone has tried this? I asked the same exact thing a couple of days ago but did not expand on what I needed answered...sorry that was silly.
After inoculation, how noticeable will these hairs be? Its been about 36 hours now and the honeywater has got some residue on the bottom but I wouldn't call it growth. How obvious will it be once its ready to use?
Another thing about syringe sterilization. I have a few syringes left over that have been used. What is the best way to sterilize? After I sterilize, do I have to worry about contams mixing with the honey-mycelium mixture inside the syringe? It seems to me that in the space directly behind the plunger bacteria could hide pretty easily.
I made a solution of honeywater and filled a quart jar a quarter of the way full. Sterilized and injected 2cc of spore solution that I bought online. How many innoculations should this yield? Could I pump 10cc's of the myceliated honeywater into each quart jar of wbs?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: question about the Club99 s Honeywater Mycelium Tek [Re: ebass]
    #5464681 - 03/31/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

honey is tricky as it contains natural impurities, even beeswax.
so you often see various debris in there.
36 hours is too fast for spores to germinate and grow enough to
be visible so what you see now isn't mycellia.

this is some honey water with mycellia growing-

as for sterilizing syringes
i just wrap empty syringes in tinfoil
and toss them in the pc when doing jars, etc.
keep them wrapped in foil until ready to use.

10 cc is alot in a quart jar, might cause problems,
3-5 cc is plenty.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlineebass
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: question about the Club99 s Honeywater Mycelium Tek [Re: Hippie3]
    #5466723 - 04/01/06 07:53 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Hippie,
Thanks for the info. A picture is worth a thousand words. I will keep you updated on my first grow. Take it easy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals