Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAsianYumYum
Stranger

Loc: Columbus, Ohio, USA
Rye Problem
    #5453932 - 03/29/06 03:40 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

Howdy folks, it's AsianYumYum from ohio. don't know if anyone remembers me but i am trying to make a comeback to the forum after a whole lot of computer problems and business.
Well then. With the ignorence of coming back with a post without pictures, i appologize, but i have a question about the grow that i am in the midst of. I innocculated 10 1QT Rye jars (already soaked, simmered and PCd at 15psi for 1hour), with about 5cc's of a SA LC (using karo) each. now the LCs were a little stuck and they hadn't grown in a while, but i figured the worst that could happen was that they'd just hibernate until more favorable conditions came to them.
Now these jars were innocced about 4-5 days ago and put into an igloo cooler that's at a good 82-83*F, and im not seeing any signs of life. this is not my problem, if it was i'd have branded myslef impatient. Not only am i not seeing any growth, but the rye looks dry and has little white dadruffy flakes. this is no contam i PCd these bitched thoroughly. im wondering if the LC is just ded and i should start over or what. i'll try and get pix up but i was wondering if anyone could help me without them...im sure i've done something wrong.
Do rye jars dry out quickly? some of them were PCd a good week before inoculation.
Thanks guys, and it feels good to be back!

--------------------
Hail to the King Baby

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Rye Problem [Re: AsianYumYum]
    #5454158 - 03/29/06 08:02 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

yes jars dry.... and if it becomes like powdered sugar... it is a contam!

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

InvisibleMindsEye
AMT Fiend
Male

Loc: cerebral cortex
Re: Rye Problem [Re: Oatman2000]
    #5454199 - 03/29/06 08:24 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Imo rye sucks, I think its the dirtiest grain I have ever used WBS has done wonders for me.

--------------------
Easy Poo Cake Tek

InvisibleDarkenshroom
PsychedelicExplorationist
Female User Gallery

Loc: I don't exist on this pla...
Re: Rye Problem [Re: MindsEye]
    #5454217 - 03/29/06 08:30 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

I already agree that WBs is superior to rye in every way. Rye smels horrid, ferments fast, and is generally unforgiving, WBS is cheaper, smells ok when simmered, has yet to ferment on me, and is very forgiving. I won't ever buy rye again

--------------------
~The first and most important step in cultivation of the wonderful mushroom, is the cultivation of patience for without it you doom yourself to failure~

Offlinemogur
regnartS

Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Rye Problem [Re: Darkenshroom]
    #5454727 - 03/29/06 11:05 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

I wasted a few months trying to grow from a 56 pound bag of seed rye from my local feedstore. I finally figured out that it was treated with fungicide. Don't buy rye unless the people selling it know for sure that it has not been treated. I only spent about $14 on the bag of rye, but the months of wasted effort and lost enthusiasm pisses me off. Sure, I'm an idiot for not figuring it out sooner, but I'm a beginner and thought my growing conditions were to blame. Anyway, wish I had heard about fungicides on grains before my learning experience.

OfflineAsianYumYum
Stranger

Loc: Columbus, Ohio, USA
Re: Rye Problem [Re: mogur]
    #5455175 - 03/29/06 01:23 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

oh shit...i hadn't even thought of that....
I have like...punds and pounds of WBS....ill probably just use those if i have to start over. Anyone have a link to a good WBS tek? thanks guys, im crossin my fingers that these rye berries are fucked up with fungicide, i've had friends use the same shit from the same store with no problem...

--------------------
Hail to the King Baby

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: Rye Problem [Re: MindsEye]
    #5455199 - 03/29/06 01:30 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

MindsEye said:
Imo rye sucks, I think its the dirtiest grain I have ever used WBS has done wonders for me.

see my issue is just the opposite. everytime i get some wbs it comes with black mold. everythime i use rye... i never have a contam with the exception of a contaminated culture. plus the other up side of rye is it's higher in nitrogen than millet and red milo.

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Rye Problem [Re: thenewguy05]
    #5455543 - 03/29/06 02:58 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

I love Rye, I have no problems with it! WBS has contamned on me in the past more than rye has...

Sounds like your jars are dry. I did some rye awhile back and forgot to simmer them after soaking them (went straight to the PC), thus they were too dry and nothing ever grew. Im an Idiot I know...

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale