Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
natural toothache remedy
    #5448407 - 03/27/06 05:35 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

If you are like me, years of drug abuse has left you with teeth that resemble swiss cheese. Dental work can be quite costly and most people I know don't have a dental plan. So, while you are saving up to get those cavities filled, here's a natural remedy that can ease your tooth pain:

Clove Bud Oil. It costs about five bucks a bottle. put a couple drops on a qtip and rub it on your teeth and gums. It will burn for a minute or two, but after that your toothache will be gone for the day!

Apparently, this stuff overpowers the nerves and eventually (after habitual use) kills them. And I say, good riddance to bad rubbish. Who needs nerves in teeth? Thats like putting a nerve in a hammer!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: natural toothache remedy [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5448433 - 03/27/06 05:41 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

Pretty interesting, but do you really want to ignore the problem at hand? The pain is there for a good reason, and personally, I'd want to get the cavity or whatever taken care of A.S.A.P.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: natural toothache remedy [Re: Holydiver]
    #5448474 - 03/27/06 05:53 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

well, its only a temporary solution. But at least you won't lose any sleep while you're waiting for treatment. personally, I've got about 5-10k worth of work that needs to be done, and I don't do financing.

cavities are easy. thats like $100. Root canals, on the other hand are more like $1500. No financing for the unemployed.

The reality is that lots of people have bad teeth, and they just live with them. Most people I know born after 1980 have horrible teeth because we all grew up on too much sugar. And some people just have bad teeth from genetics. In a perfect world, everyone's cavities would be filled, but this ain't a perfect world my friend.

besides, cavities aren't dangerous unless they become infected.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5448887 - 03/27/06 08:18 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

well i dunno you get to get hooked up with the nitrous.

here lets use a little anesthetic swab.....
no doc i get real nervous.... i need some laughing gas.....
you look fine.
that's because i'm not good at expressing emotion..... i'm freaking out mannnnn hook me up.

but for some reason i have fine teeth yet don't take that good care of them and have never had a cavity. good genetics perhaps.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#5453606 - 03/28/06 11:25 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

I have not tried this. Evidently it does provide temporary relief, but according to the label "repeated use may cause gum damage". So the relief comes with a price.

I would recommend instead chlorella. I had a missing filling and pain there and had an idea about chlorella that I came up with on my own. I had previously swallowed some of the powder before bed and when I got up I noticed I didn't have the usual morning breath that everyone dreads. I put two and two together and realized the chlorella had somehow killed the bacteria in my mouth. So the next night I added a bit of the powder into the tooth with the missing filling. Whala!! No more tooth pain. And the relief lasted for about a week before I need a reapplication.

If you buy it I highly recommend the capsules containing loose powder, not the crappy, rancid tablets commonly sold by GNC or Wal Mart. You can put the powder on the tooth and cover that with cotton so it stays in longer.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

#5454091 - 03/29/06 07:22 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Yes clove oil is fucking great!

Im sort of in the same position..... money is tight....i would rather live with the bad teeth for a while more than drop 10k into my mouth or charge up a chunk on the credit card.......

Plus i seem to have a bitchin' fear of dentist/people going in my mouth.

But damn do i need to go get some work done....got that visible gumline decay happening on more than a few teeth....im looking like a methhead :frown:  seems to be the fallout from that couple years of coke abuse..... look fine as long as i dont smile to big...lol....

live and learn i suppose

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: natural toothache remedy [Re: Schwip]
    #5454228 - 03/29/06 08:32 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Another thing that works is swishing your mouth with warm salt water after meals. When I ran out of chlorella temporarily, I developed gingivitis. This is a bacterial infection below the gumline that if left untreated can progress into irreversible periodontal disease.

My gums became inflamed and when I would touch my tongue to that side of my mouth it was like holding a lit match there. I am in the same boat you guys are in financially so I was afraid this would force me into an expensive visit to the dentist.

After several days of this I decided to give the salt water rinses a try before throwing in the towel and going to the dentist. I did it for two days after every meal and before bedtime. On the third day I got major relief. On the fourth day it was gone completely. Seems the salt water draws out the infection.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: natural toothache remedy [Re: zorbman]
    #5454828 - 03/29/06 11:34 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

I think salt also deadens the nerves. I read that somewhere. Maybe its the cl- ions inhibiting the action potential of the neurons?

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #5455181 - 03/29/06 01:24 PM (18 years, 4 days ago)

On the subject of tooth care and oral hygiene, you guys might want to check out a line of tooth paste products by J/A/S/O/N sold at health food stores. They have one made with Tea Tree oil which is natures most powerful anti bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral. Tea tree oil even rocks over any synthetic pharmaceutical made to do the same. There Tea tree Paste also has clove oil in it.

No fluoride, as  research at Argon National labs showed fluoride to be a little less toxic then arsenic and more toxic then lead.  :shocked: Lobbyists for Big business using it are keeping the FDA from banning fluoride.

The Tea tooth paste rocks over fluoride and is even better at helping with sensitivity. J/A/S/O/N has another one with Calcium being the primary base, as calcium is natures version of Fluoride for tooth building.

I use both and there has been a HUGE difference with experiencing happy healthy gums.

As hard as it is to spend beer money on getting a cavity filled, DO IT you guys. It'll only grow deeper and what could be a $50-$100 filling will turn into a $1500 root canal or pulled tooth. You don't want to just get them pulled when they get to that point because where you have no root, the jaw bone will severely weaken, reduce in mass and  make it easier to break.

You don't want root canals because , not only is blood flow cut off to that gum area without a root to feed, micro bacteria are left trapped that antibiotics can't get into, but the micro bacteria keeps growing inside the root like a toxic factory plant and leeks into the blood stream. Newer research is showing, root canals to be the cause of a lot of dis-eases from toxic leeks into the bloodstream. Some dentists also use mercury to fill the root canal and that shit is super toxic and leeks into the blood stream.

Gums are important to. Brush them the same as the teeth and floss. Gingivitis leads to periodontal disease which requires gum and jaw bone grafts. You don't want end up there as I hear its really expensive and painful.

Take care of your teeth guys at all first priority costs or you will surely regret it up the road and pay big, compared to the price of some floss, paste and fillings where need be.

Clove oil does work as a temporary fix for toothache pain though. They use to use it in anesthetic as a nerve numbing agent for pain until Novocaine replaced it.

Like someone said, the pain is telling you, somethings wrong and needs your attention to be fixed.

Zorbman, I wanted to ask you what you originally bought chlorella for. I've read here and there that, it would be ideal for vital health to a 100% diet of  live green products and chlorella keeps getting recommended. A friend who drinks chlorella shakes said her energy levels sky rocketed.

I was curious what other changes or benefits you noticed from it.

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#5456390 - 03/29/06 06:45 PM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

I think salt also deadens the nerves. I read that somewhere. Maybe its the cl- ions inhibiting the action potential of the neurons?

I have looked but been unable to find any information on exactly how salt works in this situation, but I'd be very interested. I have read several times that it "draws out infection", but there is never any accompanying explanation of the mechanism. My gut tells me there is no nerve-deadening quality based upon my own experience. It removed the underlying gum swelling which in turn relieved the pressure on the nerves. This is, of course, preferable to merely masking the symptoms.

It definately has antibacterial qualities. For instance, this is kinda gross but have you ever wondered what ancient people used for toilet paper? Well the ancient Romans used sponges attached to a sticks which they rested in salt water when not in use.

Just a little trivia for ya.  :wink:

--------------------

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
    #5460270 - 03/30/06 03:41 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

you could also hold wheat grass juice in your mouth for 5 minutes and that will relieve a toothache.

i don't have the guts to do that though.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: natural toothache remedy [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5460355 - 03/30/06 04:02 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

Zorbman, I wanted to ask you what you originally bought chlorella for.

Jiggy, I came across it while researching natural substances to treat my father's illness. I got him using it and started using it myself as a general health measure.

Chlorella contains a wealth of nutrition, many vitamins, essential fats, 60% protein, and the highest concentration of chlorophyl of any plant in the world. [That is what is in wheatgrass that does the trick but you get more with chlorella]. You could probably live off the stuff.

The thick outer cell wall also binds to heavy metals. Before I get my fillings done I plan to take a large dose of it to absorb any loose mercury.

If anyone should take it, take it in veggie cap form as every tablet I've come across was rancid.

http://www.watershed.net/ch-faq.htm

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #5462403 - 03/31/06 12:39 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

Much appreciation for the link and your commentary. Interesting you mentioned that you could probably live on it. The source that I learned about chlorella from said, not only could we live on it, its what we should be solely living on for maximum vitality, energy and health.

I've been getting the call to go green and recently have been drinking a lot of spirulina green juice blends. I'm going to finally go for it and order chlorella. :thumbup:

Thanks again Zorb! :sun:

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #5462772 - 03/31/06 04:56 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

I know when my wisdom teeth were breaking my back molars.. they were putting considerable pressure on one in particular. I woke up one day in excrutiating agony that just would not go away. The pain was so bad and lasted so long that I considered going to the ER. But I got some clove oil, and that killed the pain. Later on that wisdom tooth put so much pressure on my back molar, that one of them cracked in half.. now I have a big hole in one of my teeth that food gets stuck in everytime I eat. At least it doesn't hurt anymore. I wish I could afford a dentist.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: natural toothache remedy [Re: Shroomism]
    #5463539 - 03/31/06 11:22 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

Tell me about it. I have several canyon-sized holes in my teeth now where my fillings came out. Some of them have been missing for five years. My days of chewing on hard candy and popcorn kernels are officially over.

I'm sure you know how important it is to keep food out of those crevices. I always have a toothpick handy and clean the holes after eating. Every so often I pack chlorella in there and seal it with cotton. It kills the bacteria without side effects and I'm good to go for a while.

I am also looking into using activated charcoal for the same task. In a month or so I should have a new job with dental insurance. Then it will be time to fill some potholes.

But for now it's amazing what one can do with some low-tech help!

When you used the clove oil how long did the pain relief last?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies