Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineebass
Stranger
 User Gallery

Will these start colonizing?
    #5438310 - 03/24/06 01:12 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Hey guys...this is my first time using wbs. I think the majority of the grains are swollen/popped. Do you think these look too soggy?

Edited by ebass (03/24/06 01:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecappa
Nerd
Re: Will these start colonizing? [Re: ebass]
    #5438337 - 03/24/06 01:19 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Swollen is good, popped is not so good.

If the 'majority' is popped, then yes their is too much moisture.

Make sure to shake the jars so the seeds don't stick together.

--------------------
Their are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
~Cappa.

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Will these start colonizing? [Re: cappa]
    #5438407 - 03/24/06 01:43 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

If when you shake it the grain is clumped together. That is not good. You will run into problems.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Offlinestelthvue
is frightened ofpoo
Re: Will these start colonizing? [Re: Citric]
    #5438413 - 03/24/06 01:45 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

we can also help more if you take more detailed pics.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlineebass
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Will these start colonizing? [Re: stelthvue]
    #5438454 - 03/24/06 01:55 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Yeah detailed pics would be nice...
About half of the jars clump when I shake them. All of the jars, though, contain too many popped grains (I'm pretty sure they are popped...just not as moist).
This is infuriating me considering that I pumped around 15 cc of store-bought spores into them. I have more spores left and more wbs soaking. This time I am not going to simmer and hopefully this will work out.
What should I do with the incubating clumps in the meantime? Toss em out?

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
    #5438461 - 03/24/06 01:56 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Nope, as long as they don't get contaminated they will colonize as well, just a lot slower.

--------------------
Their are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
~Cappa.

Offlineshroomsynergy
Fungi Freak
Male

Loc: Andromeda
    #5438485 - 03/24/06 02:01 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

i agree with cappa. i tried using some seed that i forgot about, and it worked, but took almost twice the time, and a little more TLC.  good luck, and just be patient. :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlineskeletor
the dude
Loc: heaven on earth
    #5438492 - 03/24/06 02:03 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

those jars look too full. don't put 15cc of spore solution in each one thats a waste. if yu want quicker colonization times do some LC's. if your grains are a little wet just take off the tinfoil if you have a filter system on the lid which should should then you can leave teh jars somewhere with better air circulation under a fan even. this is what i do if i have a wet jar. just get the moisture to evaporate then when its not so wet in there back on with the tinfoil hat and back in with the others. you have to figure out what isthe right moisture content but that only takes a few batches.

--------------------
im sorry about your mother. She was a terrible attrative woman.

Get back to nature; hunting burgers and gathering fries.

Offlineebass
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Will these start colonizing? [Re: skeletor]
    #5438533 - 03/24/06 02:14 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Not 15cc in each...so around(15cc/9jars) Liquid culture is something I will need to learn after I get the moisture content down. There is no foil on my jars during the incubation. Are you saying that I should maybe stick a Honeywell fan inside my incubator and this will help dry them out a bit? Hmmm. I only poked two small holes in the lids...that would take a long time, no?

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
    #5438568 - 03/24/06 02:27 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

I dont know about you guys but my first time using WBS i over simmered and popped most of the grain. I prepared the jars and inoculated them anyways. Everything went well for the first week as I noted growth, although a bit slow. After that week, everything went downhill. They all stalled almost completely, and before I knew it, each and every single one of them began to get contams. I PCed the jars correct, they were sterile.

Soggy seeds equal waiste of time. You're better off just starting a new batch and learning from your mistake. I bet you if you start new jars today they will colonize before the other ones do, if they ever do that is.

You learn from your mistakes though man, I did. I waisted all my syringes and messed them up with exactly the same situation. I was left with only one syringe which I then used for a G2G transfer which i just posted a thread about. My WBS comes out perfect now, because i know what i did wrong last time.

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Offlineebass
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Will these start colonizing? [Re: Akira]
    #5438661 - 03/24/06 03:01 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Thanks for the info.  I did not waste all of my syringes luckily.  Your posting style is very placatory, yet moving.  :smile:
My new wbs has been soaking for around 24 hrs now.  The grains are not as swollen as I would like.  I will try simmering again but this time a little more carefully.  Thanks again.

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

#5438744 - 03/24/06 03:29 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Dont simmer, you should avoid that all together. Just let them soak and then PC them. Here I have a good post for you let me find it.

--------------------

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Re: Will these start colonizing? [Re: Akira]
    #5438765 - 03/24/06 03:40 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag