Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
My G2G Journey
    #5437844 - 03/24/06 10:38 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Okay I have 5 quart jars of fully colonized WBS inoculated with OI. Last night (which was one long ass night BTW) I PC 42 WBS jars. All the jars have now cooled down and I am ready to try my first G2G attempt. Im really nervous about contamination, being as I now have to open my sterile jars as opposed to injecting them with a syringe.

I have my Alcohol(in a spray bottle), my Lysol, and of course my Glovebox.

These are the prepared WBS jars sitting one the shelves of one of my marthas.

My TIT with the 5 colonized OI jars.

I really hope i dont get any contams, these jars have some 50 lbs of Hpoo/Coco waiting for them to be spawned to. First attempt at Poo also by the way, actually, this only really my second grow...Wish me luck. :grin:

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesivad02487
Stranger
Re: My G2G Journey [Re: Akira]
    #5437864 - 03/24/06 10:47 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Good luck.
I tried G2G WITHOUT a glovebox... you can guess what happened

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5437893 - 03/24/06 11:01 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Good luck. I'm sure you'll be fine. I've done plenty G2G in open air (small clean room) and have never had any contams. Just wait till you see how fast they colonize. :smile:

InvisibleJaeger
Dreamer
Re: My G2G Journey [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5437924 - 03/24/06 11:12 AM (18 years, 9 days ago)

wow, that is alot of jars :smile:
Have fun, it might take a while!
Good luck!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: My G2G Journey [Re: Jaeger]
    #5438303 - 03/24/06 01:10 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Nuts! :nut:

So, essentially, you are going to divide up those five jars in the glovebox amongst all of your wbs jars, or what?

If so, would lc work better for the purpose?

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleJaeger
Dreamer
Re: My G2G Journey *DELETED* [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5438341 - 03/24/06 01:21 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Post deleted by Jaeger

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinecampinman
Fun-Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoOn
Re: My G2G Journey [Re: Jaeger]
    #5438398 - 03/24/06 01:40 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

i did my first G2G on my buddies dryer in his laundry room, far from clean. it worked like a charm, although, about 1/4 of the jars stalled out 1/2" to 1" from the bottom, i dont think i mixed the mycelium in deep enough to be honest.

good luck Akira, it can be done!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself."

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Re: My G2G Journey [Re: campinman]
    #5438542 - 03/24/06 02:16 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Okay so after a few long hours it is finally complete. I found that my glovebox was somewhat small and difficult to work with so many jars at the same time. I usualy put 5 at a time for syringes but this time I inserted 8 fresh jars plus the 1 colonized, so it was a 1:8 grain transfer ratio. Im definately building a new GB soon.

I ended up taking off the gloves, it was impossible to work with the spoon and jar lids with those damn rubber gloves. :evil: It was very uncomforting to take off those jar lids, everytime i did I felt like an army of microscopic bacteria was conspiring a WBS invasion. Hope everything turns out Okay. I wiped everything with alcohol before each batch, GB and jars. I also sprayed the hell out of it with lysol, and drenched my ahnds in alcohol before inserting them in the GB.

Here is my TIT with all the jars. Ive been averaging 8-12 day colonization times with it.... :shocked: :thumbup:

I'll make sure to post an update within 3-4 days. Shooting for zero contaminations.... :Holds breathe:

--------------------

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Offlineshambler
Team B+
    #5438810 - 03/24/06 04:00 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

ya, i have a problem with glove boxes too, they are to hard to do anything inside of. i guess it might help to make a big one so you can get your arms right inside.

Offlinecampinman
Fun-Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoOn
Re: My G2G Journey [Re: shambler]
    #5438859 - 03/24/06 04:27 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

i was going to build a GB a lonnnnng time ago, but i still havent, i find if you do it clean in a clean room, not lab, just a clean room, youll do fine. maybe ive been blessed, i think thats probably it, just good luck more than anything

GL with your jars man!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself."

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #5438882 - 03/24/06 04:35 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

--------------------

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Re: My G2G Journey [Re: agar]
    #5446515 - 03/27/06 07:17 AM (18 years, 7 days ago)

^^That was one of the threads I came across while researching G2G before attempting it. Had read somewhere it was by you under an old SN.

I just woke up and remembered it was day 3 of my G2G transfer, finally time to check my jars. I transfered to 42 one-quart mason jars, and I now have 42 succesful 30-50% colonized WBS jars!!! :eek: :eek:

Me and this hobby go together like dung & cubes. HAHAHAHA not one contamination and an incredibly fast mycelium growth. Also I seemed to have mastered the preperation of my WBS jars. I still can't believe how fast these stings are colonizing. G2G is the shit.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder