Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRickster
El Conquistador
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
Small shrooms
    #5437618 - 03/24/06 09:07 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

I have been trying to look for my answers, I found this thread, it answered some questions but gave me a few more at the same time.
Please feel free to correct or add any comments or answers, thanks rickster!

Q:Why are my shrooms small?
A:Because of low moisture, and possibly the fact that I used composted manure from a garden center. (maybe because I did not case?)

Q:It is suggested not to pull, but cut shrooms out,Wouldn't the unharvested portion of the shroom mold?
A:?

Q Some shrooms are ready to be harvested(uneven pinset)but other shrooms are growing w/it, What do I do?
A:Cut the cap off of the mature shroom and let the others mature.
(Wouldn't the remaining shroom mold?)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post5338042

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Small shrooms [Re: Rickster]
    #5437715 - 03/24/06 09:43 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

dont cut the mushrooms. grab twist and pull

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
    #5437721 - 03/24/06 09:48 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Hi Rickster. Good job on finding the answers. As you can see in the first q, there could be a number of factors that create the effect. You got the answer, substrate depth will also have an effect on shroom size.
For the second, pull while giving a slight twisting motion, the whole thing will pop right out. Yes, if there is a "stump" left in it will contaminate after awhile.
and, as I was reading the third, I was thinkingh this is what I do. If you really don't want to pick the others, cut the cap off (these are the ones I usually print) and, no, the stem won't be there long enough, it's ok.

GL
peace

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisibleRickster
El Conquistador
Male User Gallery

Re: Small shrooms [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #5437761 - 03/24/06 10:04 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

thanks a lot!

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Small shrooms [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #5437772 - 03/24/06 10:08 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

I grew these with a 1/2inch sub 1/2inch casing. 1pint of WBS. first flush.
The only reason they were small is low substrate depth. shoot for over an inch evrytime you can. Even though they were small, they pack a punch. 5grams took me to an inanse relm of my room.

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
    #5437780 - 03/24/06 10:12 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah its mostly due to substrate depth. This is B+ cased on only 1 inch substrate.

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: Small shrooms [Re: Akira]
    #5437792 - 03/24/06 10:15 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

"Even though they were small, they pack a punch. 5grams took me to an inanse relm of my room."

Yeah, those small suckers definately knock you on your ass. I had a house full of people running around in a crazed fenzy for 6 hours with these. Everyone dropped only a 1.5 but with lemon. LOL one of my friends (Chino we call him) was laying in this decorative whole carved in the wall and he was saying he was a rat and that was his rat whole. That went one for about 2 hours.... Hahahah mushrooms and friends equals good times.

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Small shrooms [Re: Akira]
    #5437812 - 03/24/06 10:24 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

LOL!!
yah my cat was dancing in the air with expolstions of light. i was so out of my mind that i couldnt even handle family guy.

anyway CASING depth is important!
to get really big and poetent ones, u need hpoo/cowpoo+straw, and correct ph levels in your case

InvisibleRickster
El Conquistador
Male User Gallery

Re: Small shrooms [Re: mushboy]
    #5437889 - 03/24/06 11:00 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

My depth is around 2 1/2 - 3 in. I think it is moisture or the compost. Every time I get a ultra sonic it breaks down, I don't buy them new, I'm a huge goodwill junky. Right now I am using a coffee cup warmer for humidity, it works but not the greatest, next grow I going to buy a new ultrasonic and find some fresh poo, this should eliminate the problem.

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5437963 - 03/24/06 11:27 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

maybe you needed more FAE?
id grab a coolmist and a timer.
dont give up!!
the more u grow the better you will get

InvisibleRickster
El Conquistador
Male User Gallery

Re: Small shrooms [Re: mushboy]
    #5438129 - 03/24/06 12:24 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

For FAE I Have an old humidifier screwed to the top of my chamber bowing air out every four hours for fifteen minutes. works very well. Trust me I am going to be doing this for a while, ever since I bought my first kit I was hooked right then. This is my first grow so I still have a lot to learn, I have been collecting a lot of information from this site, I have a CD full, I'm planning on taking all this info and creating an "ugly book" for myself, instead of "Kirchoff's or ohms law" it will be "shroomerys law"!
thanks shroomery!Rickster

Invisibledoubledutch
Morado PR

Loc: Puerto Rico
    #5438434 - 03/24/06 01:50 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

That actually may be a bigger part of it than you think, though. CO2 sinks and if you're displacing air at the top of the terrarium or sucking the upper levels of warmer air out... there's undoubtedly an invisible fog of used air chilling at the bottom. I always make sure that I gust the air up out when fanning. Not that big of a deal, but if it's automated like that you could have too much lingering CO2.

--------------------
"A delightful, wholesome experience for the family." - Desson Thomson, THE WASHINGTON POST

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post5481456

omfg~dutch!

InvisibleRickster
El Conquistador
Male User Gallery

Re: Small shrooms [Re: doubledutch]
    #5439022 - 03/24/06 05:27 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

doubledutch said:
That actually may be a bigger part of it than you think, though.  CO2 sinks and if you're displacing air at the top of the terrarium or sucking the upper levels of warmer air out... there's undoubtedly an invisible fog of used air chilling at the bottom.  I always make sure that I gust the air up out when fanning.  Not that big of a deal, but if it's automated like that you could have too much lingering CO2.

I was actually thinking about that, so I shut it off, Im just going to air it out manualy until I get good suction, as you can see its not air tight in all areas. Thanks DD  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate