Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinediscountpass
Stranger
Male
Loc: SE Florida
casing!
    #5421018 - 03/20/06 01:00 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ok. im going to be casing tomorrow, but im not sure of which tek to use. show me u'r best tek.

z-strain

--------------------
----------------------------------------------
Enjoy life, alas! Enjoy life! As death is only the begining.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: casing! [Re: discountpass]
    #5421037 - 03/20/06 01:17 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i suggest using the 5050+ tek (jiffy mix)

--------------------

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: casing! [Re: pong]
    #5421052 - 03/20/06 01:24 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

read here: http://shroomery.org/index.php/par/8

all the info your could ever want.

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Offlinebluemawkishness
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Switzerland
Re: casing! [Re: pong]
    #5421096 - 03/20/06 01:48 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

my best tek so far ? some kind of straw bulk:

when your rye glasses or spawn bags are ready,

• pasteurise the same amount very wet straw by volume in PP bags in the oven (80 centigrade, 165 to 175 fahrenheit for 2 hours) and let cool.
  • lightly press out the staw, so that any water on the bottom of the bag flows out. It still needs be quite wet !
  • mix straw and spawn in the Bag
  • fill up the casingbox at least 10 to 15 cm with this straw bulk
  • let grow approx. 1 week until the surface is completey grown over. It will need some oxygen exchange.
  • pasteurise 50% vermiculit 50% cocohum and some lime the same way as above and cover with approx 2 cm layer
  • let grow thru layer approx. 10 days and patch if necessary

ready for growbox

here some pics of an earlier casing, not yet as massive as I make them today

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: casing! [Re: bluemawkishness]
    #5421309 - 03/20/06 05:16 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

This is his first time ever casing. I wouldnt suggest throwing him into bulk right off. Let him understand how casing works before you load someone into that.

As for casing. In a wrap up.

Mix coco coir(Found at pet shops, often called "Bed-A-Beast", in the reptile section. It is reptile bedding), and vermiculite. I usually do one block of coir and one bag of verm. Make sure its moist, but not wet. Then load it into QT jars. I PC everything, but in all reality you dont HAVE to. I would do it anyways as a precaution though. 45 minutes is long enough.

Now take your substrate and empty it into a clean bag. Brand new ziplock or whatever you can find. Crumble the substrate as best as you can.

Now take your container, and line the bottom with a good 1/2 to 1" bottom layer. This will provide extra moisture for the bigger flush's. Mist it down so it is moist.

Now put your substrate layer in. I wouldnt do anything less then a inch. Thicker the better. A inch is perfect IMO for a case however.

Then add your casing layer. No less then 1/4 inch, and no more then 1/2 inch(1/4 inch per inch of substrate). Mist it down so it is fairly moist.

Next cover it with tinfoil and incubate it.

Incubate for atleast two days(Dont even bother to look at it before then.) Then take a peek at it between the second and third day. Once you see myc popping through the top casing layer, patch it(Meaning, put some of your extra casing layer over that growing layer[This will provide even pinsets]). Incubate it again for another day. Take it out the following day, maybe sprinkle a little casing layer on the current area's that have myc popping. Then fruit.

Best of luck.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds