Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Fuck.
    #5411495 - 03/17/06 06:55 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

I think I'm going to quit my job today.  Regardless of the money I can make here, I'm miserable.  I'm miserable in the morning on my way to work, I'm miserable when I get home, and it fucking sucks.  My boss yells at me for no reason, and I can't deal with that.  I bust my ass here trying to get as much work done as I can - I haven't taken a lunch break since I started working here 2 weeks ago, and last night I went to go leave at 5 and he yelled at me for not "showing dedication" and staying later than that.  I asked him if me not taking a lunch break for 2 weeks counted towards dedication, or me staying here and calling his lawyer for him when he got arrested on my 3rd day here showed that I was not dedicated.  He really didn't have anything to say to that.  He hates that I know more than him about the business in general, and he gets mad at him when I tell him that a loan cannot be done, no matter where we try to send it.  He yells at me for knowing this before I have to waste my time trying to do them.  If there's one thing I can't stand, it's being yelled at for not doing something that I know cannot be done.  I've been in this business for 5 years now, and I'm not about to have some guy who's on a ridiculous power trip treat me like shit because I won't run in circles and jump through fucking hoops to spin my wheels on files and borrowers that have no fucking shot of obtaining financing.  He yells at me for telling customers the truth, after he sells them on his crazy pipe dreams.  He lies about EVERYTHING, he's sketchy, immoral, and wants me to do help get files approved by underwriters when they have no business getting approved.  He think because I was an underwriter and I know their tricks, that I should help him committ fraud, and I'm not going to do that. 

I've been holding off quitting because I didn't want to do this until I got paid, I'm afraid he'll try to not give me the money I've earned.  Maybe I'll keep trying to hold out on doing this until I get a check.  This is a shitty situation, and the worst part is, I really had my hopes up before I started that this could be a long term career.  10 days later, and I'm freaking out.  :frown:

/end rant

edit - 10 days later, not 109.  :crazy:

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Edited by Liz (03/17/06 06:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Fuck. [Re: Liz]
    #5411501 - 03/17/06 07:01 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Liz said:

I've been holding off quitting because I didn't want to do this until I got paid, I'm afraid he'll try to not give me the money I've earned.

He has to. It's the law. Quit and demand your last paycheque in a timely manner.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fuck. [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #5411512 - 03/17/06 07:07 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

I plan on it, but I don't think without a messy court battle he'll ever actually give it to me.  He's a fucking scumbag, and constantly tries to screw people out of money.  :thumbdown:

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #5411514 - 03/17/06 07:07 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Take a shit on his desk.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Fuck. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5411517 - 03/17/06 07:08 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Find another job before you quit

--------------------

Offlinecampinman
Fun-Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoOn
Re: Fuck. [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #5411524 - 03/17/06 07:10 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

thats fucking brutal there buddy, i feel for ya. i got fired yesterday, but in my m ind i had quit from there a few months ago, i worked for them for just over a year, getting the short end of the stick every damn day.

i like how you want to stick up for your ideals, but i disagree with cyberchump here. your boss sounds like a total jerkwad. id wait until i had a signed chq in my hands before i quit. i have a feeling itd be like pulling teeth from a tiger

all the best

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself."

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fuck. [Re: blink]
    #5411539 - 03/17/06 07:17 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

I got a few phone calls back about my resume.  Hopefully I'll find something soon.  I like your new name, btw :smile:

I have enough money in the bank to pay my bills for a bit.  That's all I care about.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #5411540 - 03/17/06 07:17 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Hahaha, his chin is on Link's nutz.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fuck. *DELETED* [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5411544 - 03/17/06 07:18 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

InvisibleRESTLESS
C.M.L.W.

#5411547 - 03/17/06 07:19 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

nice name

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #5411604 - 03/17/06 07:38 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

:firestarter:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleRESTLESS
C.M.L.W.

#5411608 - 03/17/06 07:40 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Why did your boss get arrested last week?

--------------------

OfflineBowers
Bobba Ganoosh
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CA
    #5411617 - 03/17/06 07:45 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

if you can quit before you get fired do it.. i was going to quit one of my jobs and the next day I got fired.. i regret it because it really would have looked great on my resume

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fuck. [Re: Bowers]
    #5411619 - 03/17/06 07:47 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

I've been here 2 weeks - not even enough time to put it on my resume. He will not fire me, no matter what. He is completely screwed without me here, and he and everyone else in this office knows it. It's a shame he treats me like shit, this could have been a good thing.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5411643 - 03/17/06 07:55 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

"You need me, so settle fuck down and let me do my job. If you don't, you're fucked."

--------------------

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5411666 - 03/17/06 08:03 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

I've said pretty much those exact words to him.  We've had a few meetings now where I've been like "yelling at people, whether it be me, lenders, or appraiser or whatever, does not make them any more inclined to help you.  if anything, it hurts your chances of them doing you any favors, and when you yell at me for shit that is out of my control, it makes me not want to be here.  you need to back off and let me do my job, because trust me, I do it better without you standing over my shoulder yelling."

and he'll yes me, and talk in circles, and then go right back to what he was doing. 

I have an interview after work (if I'm still WORKING) on Monday, for a part time nanny position in a city right near my house.  It wont even be CLOSE to the money I'm making now, but I would rather be happy that in the state I am in right now.  :crazy:

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #5411682 - 03/17/06 08:06 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

but so he didn't get deported, or whatever he was getting hauled away for last week?

--------------------

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fuck. [Re: Krishna]
    #5411688 - 03/17/06 08:09 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

no, unfortunately he's still here. He says that he was arrested for back child support, I don't believe him. There's constantly young (like 16-18) girls in and out of the office, grabbing money from him. I don't know what he's in to, I could speculate, but quite frankly I don't want to know.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #5411737 - 03/17/06 08:23 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

Jesus... it sounds like he's a coke dealer who's hitting his own stash.

He sounds like an absolute fucking loon.

I'd say you should ask yourself if you NEED the money he owes you. I mean, granted, anyone who's worked for someone is going to WANT what is coming to them, but do you NEEEEEED it?

If you don't downright need it, I would bounce... with a big fat "fuck you, and fuck this job... I'm going to report your ass and tell them about all the shady shit I've seen here if I don't get a check in the mail for my time here." on the way out.

But hey, that's just me... you might not want to take advice on handling jobs from someone who's been unemployed for the last 7 months. :laugh:

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fuck. [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #5411754 - 03/17/06 08:28 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

You know, I probably don't NEED the money, but it's the principal of it.  I've been working my ass off here, I've closed 3 loans here so far, and I've put in 2 weeks of work.  That totals $2,438.46, before taxes.  I want my fucking money, whether he mails it to me or I come pick it up Thursday.  And if it bounces, I'll freak.  People's checks have been bounging left and right here...obviously not a good sign.  :rolleyes:  I hope he doesnt think I'm going to go quietly and not demand what I'm owed, because he'd be wrong.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom