Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrJ
Shaman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Celtic Isles
The big T.peruvianus mecaline content debate!
    #5402034 - 03/15/06 02:27 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

By most reports T. Peruvianus has similar but on average higher mescaline content than (ed) san pedro. But very little real research has been done on this cactus. What is clear from current available info is that this content can vary wildy (more so than other variates). Although i haven't been meticulous in my research so far i have found an average content of around 2% total alkaloids(dry weight) from extraction. I shall be more scientific with the next batch and shall post pics and figures here. In the mean time, in the name of research, could people post their results with this particular cactus here. As much info as possible please. But any info will be appreciated ie. approx. alkaloids from past extractions etc. Looking forward to results!
(having probs with my source for cactus but they promise me I'll get it within 10 days, will post results asap)

Happy extracting!! (its for a good cause after all!)

Dr J

--------------------

"Worse?? Or Better?!"

Edited by DrJ (03/15/06 06:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: The big T.peruvianus mecaline content debate! [Re: DrJ]
    #5402048 - 03/15/06 02:41 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

Do a search with my name as the user name, and macrogonus as the search word. There's one major piece of the puzzle. WTF is peruvianus? Nothing? Maybe. Do you have macrogonus instead? Probably. Do others have kk242 instead? Certainly.

Names aside, potency is wild all over. The fact that most pachanoi are clones of the one originally brought over by backeberg suggests that it is indeed hugely dependant on environment and care. Many agree that time of the year for harvest is a big factor, some speculate as far as time of *day* being important. But what about water, nutrients, and sun? Temps? Altitude?

I suggest picking up K. Trout's book on San Pedro. BBB carries it now. It'll explain to you why A) You shouldn't trust any trichocereus ID, especially if you've never seen the live plant. You can thank Knize for a lot of this. B) You shouldn't ever expect a certain potency even by confirmed species. Each species has a few different reports in that book. They hit highs and lows for each. Some people do shitty extractions, some use young plants, some use old, some use more white skin than others. You can find an example with practically no mesc, or near 2% of dry for most species.

Your best bet is to find a vendor you can trust, with good pachanoi, bridgesii, or macrogonus. But even vendors change their sources, or rely on multiple. So, indeed your best bet is to get a range, test, and grow out clones in the conditions you find to be best fit.

So, no... it won't be easy.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisibleshriek

Re: The big T.peruvianus mecaline content debate! [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5402094 - 03/15/06 03:23 AM (18 years, 18 days ago)

now, this is just confusing for most, cactus classifications is a vrey complicated science with alot of disagreements. i would leave this classification stuff to the experts who still disagrees if peruvianus is a specie of its own. ms smith debates his stuff at the nook and maybe this is where you have your info, ms smith has debated this but other experts disagrees on this again.

. as for kk , he is just one , of several, cactus seed vendors in south america and yes many peruvianus sold in the usa especially is kk242. but as of today peruvianus is concideret to be a specie of its own. so saying that it might not exist is not correct, and will just confuse most people.

i don t agree that most pachanois are clones of one from backeberg either but im gonna leave it here, im kinda drunk :P

OfflineDrJ
Shaman
Male User Gallery

#5402209 - 03/15/06 06:15 AM (18 years, 17 days ago)

Opps... mistake there (awake for 2 days!) i ment Peruvian torch cactus is reportedly stronger than San Pedro. But no real figure on average yeilds. But would like to hear peoples experiences with either of these cacti.

Dr J

--------------------

"Worse?? Or Better?!"

Invisibleshriek

#5402237 - 03/15/06 06:32 AM (18 years, 17 days ago)

IME you can find strong peruvian torches and strong san pedros and you can also find weak of boths, i dont think there is a defently answer to your question as alkaloids may vary

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #5403535 - 03/15/06 01:38 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

yes.. and what is san pedro??

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: The big T.peruvianus mecaline content debate! [Re: faslimy]
    #5403690 - 03/15/06 02:13 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

Some people call bridgesii san pedro.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#5403749 - 03/15/06 02:24 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

all in all people call things what they want. But often its based on similarities and references. To be exact on something that is speculated to be defunked from the begining is monatinus and dull. San pedro we think the short spined T. pachanoi version , peruvianus we think long spined.

blegh never mind. But lets just not get wraped up into that. People can get triveal and loose sight of the science all in search of a name that is everlasting.

Species or now its a matter of knowing your personal specimens on a much more personal level then what its classification is. Lets just call them friends?

OfflineDrJ
Shaman
Male User Gallery

Re: The big T.peruvianus mecaline content debate! [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #5403992 - 03/15/06 03:08 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

As far as I've found this deffinition seems to fit. But i do conceed that climate,genus, and other factors affect the alkaloid content. There has been alot of research done with philaris on climate vs alkaloid content. It seems that harsh conditions (low light, nutrients and water-at time of harvest) increase the alkaloid content. So if you know these kinds of facts about your source cacti please post. But as i said before any info will be appriciated.

Dr J

--------------------

"Worse?? Or Better?!"

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#5404070 - 03/15/06 03:23 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

I have no info. I just love my plants no matter race or source or content.

OfflineDrJ
Shaman
Male User Gallery

Re: The big T.peruvianus mecaline content debate! [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #5404177 - 03/15/06 03:43 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

Lol..fair enough. Me too. But have always been a scientist at heart and enjoy this kind of research.
Keep the Dream alive.

--------------------

"Worse?? Or Better?!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds