Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJettaAe
Stranger
meditation,rape victim, getting rid of worste fears
    #5385230 - 03/10/06 11:30 AM (18 years, 23 days ago)

well thats the best title i could come up with to describe what im thinking. i have heard of using shrooms to get rid of someones ecessive compulsive order, and being on shrooms and meditation. well a friend of mine was expressing her dream that she has and basically its her being raped. it has happened to her and she just has a dream everyone once in a while about the same thing. i was thinking about why she has it and what the "meaning" is. i was thinking since the mushroom has great powers and has been used for lots of stuff does anybody have a technique that mabi could reveal why she has the dream or mabi get gid of the dream.

this may be far out there for some of u guys, but i know someone will have a good idea on what i can do to help her. mabi shrooms arent the right idea and someone has a better idea. if shrooms arent the right way ima get some E and then try to get rid of it that way. i have heard of some powerful things E has done like someone going cold turkey after being a coke addict for years, and then did E and it stopped the addiction. idk just some idea's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJettaAe
Stranger
Re: meditation,rape victim, getting rid of worste fears [Re: JettaAe]
    #5385232 - 03/10/06 11:32 AM (18 years, 23 days ago)

if this is the wrong forum please move it, but this is a very serious subject so please to not delete the thread.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #5440824 - 03/25/06 12:08 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

psychedelic assited psychotherapy isn't something you can just "do". She should first go through regular therapy sessions with a trained person. Her guide should be familiar, in and out, with her feelings and emotions, and her history. And they should have her complete trust.

If you just give her some shrooms and make her think about being raped she'll probably just freak out. It's best for her to have an general understanding of her problems before she confronts them on psychedelics, rather then eating psychedelics to figure out what her problems are.

Sure, some people have magical life changing experiences in one dose, but it doesn't usually work like that. If done properly it should be a very long process with possibly several trip sessions.

And unless you are willing to comfort her through 6 hours of intense emotional anguish which may or may not even help things, then I suggest you don't play shaman and that your friend get professional help.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#5440928 - 03/25/06 12:40 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Drugs arnt the answer. Coming to terms and realsing what has happened in the past and dealing with that IS the answer. Maybe a posetive trip at one point will help. But supressing and avoiding the past situation is also not good. Coming to terms with that its part of the past, coming to terms that that situation does not Identify who you are now.

She is no longer a victim. She was at the time of the rape. She is no w if she still Identifies her self as a vicitim. When she is past the victim stage, she can start working on relationships.

There isnt a quick fix. Time is what will help, time and dealing with the trouble.

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: meditation,rape victim, getting rid of worste fears [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #5441039 - 03/25/06 01:18 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Giving her mushrooms probably won't help her unless she already has come to terms with it, and already has a good understanding of the what's and why's of it. The thing with Mushrooms, its a toss-up every time you take them, there is only a few common things about all trips, and the rest is more variable then you could imagine. It could help, or it could hurt.

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: meditation,rape victim, getting rid of worste fears [Re: dr0mni]
    #5442644 - 03/25/06 11:21 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:
psychedelic assited psychotherapy isn't something you can just "do". She should first go through regular therapy sessions with a trained person. Her guide should be familiar, in and out, with her feelings and emotions, and her history. And they should have her complete trust.

If you just give her some shrooms and make her think about being raped she'll probably just freak out. It's best for her to have an general understanding of her problems before she confronts them on psychedelics, rather then eating psychedelics to figure out what her problems are.

Sure, some people have magical life changing experiences in one dose, but it doesn't usually work like that. If done properly it should be a very long process with possibly several trip sessions.

And unless you are willing to comfort her through 6 hours of intense emotional anguish which may or may not even help things, then I suggest you don't play shaman and that your friend get professional help.

Quoted for truth. There does exist a method of psychotherapy that
involves psychedelic drugs, but that's exactly what it is:
Psychotherapy. If you aren't a psychotherapist, it's a very
dangerous thing to try.

My chief concern is that you aren't intimately familiar with what
you're talking about. Lots of medical schools require that their
psychology and psychiatry students undergo psychotherapy to
receive their doctorate. That's for a good reason. If you don't know
what she's going through, how can you hope to help her with it?

Long story short, drug-assisted psychotherapy can be very
effective. Just throwing various drugs at an emotionally disturbed
person without really addressing their condition is reckless at best.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract