Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChrissss
poke smoter
just crumbled my cakes and..
    #5377670 - 03/08/06 02:15 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbdown:?I just crumbled my cakes. 3 of GT and 3 of Mazatapec. I have a few ?'s. The cakes on the inside wern't as white as the outside, but they obviously had myc. running all through them but wern't that white white the outside of the cake is. Is that usual? Also on a couple bottoms of the cakes there was a little substrate left, which i scrubed off under cold water. Is that ok? ( i know let them incubate longer next time) Im going to be spawning hpoo tonight. Thanks :thumbup:

--------------------
http://www.laserspectacular.com/index.htm This is a laser show with pink floyd music. If it comes near you GO! it is amazing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineArgo
Leader of many,Follower of manymore
Male

Re: just crumbled my cakes and.. [Re: Chrissss]
    #5377769 - 03/08/06 02:42 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

This should be alright. It is always better to leave the jars colinize fully, but sometimes you just can't wait. If there are pieces of substrate left, I would recommend not using this in your spawn, just toss them. Good Luck Chrissss!

--------------------

OfflineChrissss
poke smoter
Re: just crumbled my cakes and.. [Re: Argo]
    #5379178 - 03/08/06 08:37 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the reply man. Im about to spawn it. I took every bit of the substrate that wasnt colonized off, so hopefully ill be fine.

--------------------
http://www.laserspectacular.com/index.htm This is a laser show with pink floyd music. If it comes near you GO! it is amazing

InvisibleDIRTYMAN
Jesusdon'tcomethrough thecotton.
Female
Loc: CZ NIGGUH
Re: just crumbled my cakes and.. [Re: Chrissss]
    #5379285 - 03/08/06 09:05 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah someone else crumbled some cakes tonight and saw an uncolonized middle. Jars must have been packed too tight. Oh well, they still get the trick done :gethigh:

--------------------
I'm racist.                http://k-k-k.com/

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
Re: just crumbled my cakes and.. [Re: DIRTYMAN]
    #5379354 - 03/08/06 09:24 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't even bother sorting through the cakes to throw away what's not colonized. It won't hurt anything and it still is edible to the shrooms. You're just gunna allow more time for the cakes and everything to get contams. Try to get it done as fast as you can without rushing and screwing up.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags