Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Quality Heavy/Speed Metal
    #537361 - 01/31/02 10:50 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Click on the link below and listen to a song or two of Skultamaphon...

Guaranteed satisfaction or quadruple your money back!

http://www.mp3.com/Skultamaphon

Would like some feedback

Namaste 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: Quality Heavy/Speed Metal [Re: ]
    #537374 - 01/31/02 10:59 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Free music, quadruple money back guarantee, 0x4=0, you clever bastard you! :laugh:
Not my kind of music though. So I won't comment it, as I have no basis on which to say anything about it. 

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Quality Heavy/Speed Metal [Re: Timeleech]
    #540919 - 02/05/02 02:00 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

well, i am a fellow musician, and i like some hardcore, and ocasionally play it...so i'm going to review you.

first of all, i like all the changes(i like lots of changes) although you could have tryed to work in some dynamics, maybe lay down a couple more tracks over existing ones to beef up the sound at those key "power parts" or use effects to add some slight sound variation here or there(chorus or something) , i think that woould add some more dimension, and more dimension would definetly make this sound alot more powerful.

also more importantly, i noticed a couple falters in the timing(just a couple) i know how much of a bitch this can be while recording, but it really pays off in the end to stick it. if you have to try recording certain tracks sepratley(you obviously cant do this for the drums, but guitars and bass) that way if you screw something up, you wont have to start at the begining. i

about the solos, i like what he was doing(expesisially the beginning of that exotic sounding one, very nice : ) ) however, he could work on sticking the technical stuff and getting it all perfect, clean and crisp. this should take as long as it takes(definetly record the solo tracks sepratly)

the bass i didnt really notice as much(i'm a guitarist, and this is speed metal lol)

your drummer is pretty good, but i can tell his drums werent micced properlly. was there a shortage of mics? if so, oh well, but if not its the way its miced(mostly the bass drum) getting this right is hard if you dont know what to do. my drummer is working on a sound engineer major so he knows the stuff. try looking at www.guitarnotes.com in the sound section i think, its in there somhwere it gives you al sorts of cool recording tips. overall though i thought the drums rocked.

the singing, hmmm. what can i say, its metal singing...it kind of scared me lol.
that fucking delay effect for all the lyrics has defenitly got to go though man, use that shit sparingly with lyrics, like at the end of something you really want to accent, all the time is just annoying though....

basiclly, i think if you got the timing a little tigher, got some recording tips, and recorded it a little better, and then got rid of some of the delay in the singing....it would be awesome : )

i liked the song itself, i just noticed alot of spotty recording flaws and a couple noticable rythem mistakes(i hate recording, its a bitch) other than that man, AWESOME

i hope i helped in some way, didnt mean to come across as a asshole, but communication between musicians is the only way to make great music...by the way what do you play in the band? i play guitar in "12 angry germans" we do funk/metal and jam band stuff.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Anonymous

Re: Quality Heavy/Speed Metal [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #541203 - 02/05/02 10:18 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback.. we really appreciate it.

This was a demo we recorded in two days (we had very limited time) at my friends house using cakewalk. I would've liked to stay and re-record a couple tracks and add some tracks here and there but we just didnt have the time..the vocals were a bit rushed as well.
In March we are going into the studio to get professionally recorded, mixed mastered and everything, so the quality will be much better... I dont know much about recording and I did all the recording for those songs.

As far as the recording goes, I play bass and sing most of the vocals, and play the second rhthym track on a couple of the songs. Heh, I put that echo effect on the vocals for the first track and couldnt get rid of it so I just said fuck it and did the rest with it..lol

This was just a rough draft for us...only recorded 4 of 25 songs.... when we go to record in March we have a full week for recording the same 4 songs and a dedicated team of pros that knows exactly what they are doing...so quality should improve considerably.

And the solos...isn't he awesome? The solos for Frogman of the Sand he improvised the first one, the second one is completely orchestrated. Sure they aren't perfect, but when it comes down to it when we record I'll put the track on loop and have him record it over and over again until its note for note perfection :laugh:

But again, thanks for the criticism 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder