Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Quit smoking, again.
    #5371776 - 03/06/06 05:43 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

I'm an on and off smoker, 6 months on and 6 months off--it's a ridiculous cycle. I just quit again and made it past the first 72 hours. These last few days were hell on earth, I constantly forget how shitty this is until I quit and experience it all over again. My body and brain have practically been in shock, it sucks. Blood sugar level off the wall, irritable, paranoid constantly...yay.

Any quitters here that make it a long time and relapse for no good reason? There's really no excuse to relapse if someone makes it past the first 3 days. I can't seem to stay away for good.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTriplexiosis
Lachrymologist
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Quit smoking, again. [Re: Holydiver]
    #5372056 - 03/06/06 07:25 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Same here, I just keep coming back after a while for no good reason. After quiting I'm always repulsed by cigarettes, but after a while they start to smell "the smell" and I go back :-\ weak will I guess.
I never did feel any strong withdrawal symptoms though (or any at all for that matter)

--------------------

"If there were no desire to heal, the damaged and broken met along this tedious path I've choosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now" Tool - Patient

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: Quit smoking, again. [Re: Triplexiosis]
    #5372257 - 03/06/06 08:35 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

The human body can be a pain in the ass some times.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #5372311 - 03/06/06 08:46 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Don't judge yourself by the idea that after 3 days your are mentally not addicted anymore. Everyone needs their own amount of time to get past the addiction. Just keep pusing through if you really want to quit.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Quit smoking, again. [Re: barfightlard]
    #5372467 - 03/06/06 09:35 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

The 3 day thing is the physical addiction aspect, and unfortunately I know that the mental part lingers for months/years afterwards.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #5372525 - 03/06/06 09:52 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

for many people mental addiction does not go away completely. my dad quite smoking a long time ago, but every now and then he just gets these cravings, probably cause of something which reminded him of the smoking days.
i havent smoked for about 3 or 4 years now. but yea, every now and then i remember back in the day, and then i get the craving.
i guess the best thing would be a new environment? :shrug: kinda much to move house just to quit smoking... lol. dont hang out in the same places? break typical routines? suck on pens...

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Quit smoking, again. [Re: eligal]
    #5372614 - 03/06/06 10:12 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

You could try going out for a walk and doing some exercises like pushups. Then you'll see how weak you are and you won't want to smoke cigs because you'll already feel pitiful enough.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Offlinepenexpers
Stranger
Re: Quit smoking, again. [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #5372679 - 03/06/06 10:35 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

I went off and on for a while. But then something hit me,"This is retarded and I have to stop."... So on Feb 2nd, 2004 I quit for good. That's not to say the next month wasn't absolute hell. I felt all of the symptoms, mental and physical. I'd shake, catch myself drooling ect. What's even worse (for all of you "I love smoking in the car" people :wink:) is that I had a driving job, so I spent 8 hours a day in a Ford Ranger delivering paperwork. I don't know why I choose to quit with that kind of schedule. What got me through it was a lot of pot, Big Red gum, and David Sunflower seeds...You can't let your body trigger cravings as much as you can help it. Keep yourself busy. Chew on gum, seeds, a toothpick, something to keep your mind in check. KEEP THE FAITH AND GOOD LUCK! :smile:

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
    #5375530 - 03/07/06 07:03 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

You want to know the only reason I was able to kick nicotine... marijuana.

Seriously.

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Quit smoking, again. [Re: Freeker]
    #5379357 - 03/08/06 09:25 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

Dude weed makes me need a cigarette.

IMO its impossible to get baked or drunk or both and NOT have a cigarette. Its the worst habit i've ever started and I wish I listened to everybody who told me not to start. Too late, FUCK

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Quit smoking, again. [Re: Atheist]
    #5379632 - 03/08/06 10:40 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

i took my stash and cooked it into butter.

in effect quit smoking weed. my lungs got really messed up (and still are) and so.............

that's enough for me. i sure like the quick come on and intensity but it just isn't worth it. i can lucid dream and i can eat weed.

if i get a new stash i'll have to just cook it up into butter or brownies immediately to avoid the temptation, clean the pipes out and save them for occasional salvia use.

but i just cannot smoke anything [save salvia since it isn't a habit]......... it's too destructive.
(vaping is, as well)

fuck though......... just got some liquor... what the hell is this poison? i'd take marijuana any day of the week over liquor.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (03/08/06 10:42 PM)

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5380643 - 03/09/06 09:55 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

Tomorrow is day 7 and I feel awesome. My heart doesn't feel like it's going to fail when I go up and down stairs, and I can feel my circulatory system recovering...awesome. Now to stay away permanently, that shit sucks.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #5380753 - 03/09/06 10:29 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

I hear ya man.. I'd say the physical part (3 day deal) is..well, not easy.. but you can stay distracted or whatever long enough to get through the first week or so. The hardest part is that damn sneaking thing in your head that makes you pick up a smoke after weeks of being a non-smoker.

It sucks

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #5380800 - 03/09/06 10:44 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

My boyfriend quit after smoking for about 12 years.  At points, he smoked up to 3 packs a day  :shocked:

He used the patch, and it helped a TON.  The 1st day he didn't have the patch and was miserable, irritable, and a complete asshole to be around.  So we went and got him the patch, and he was fine.  It's been over 2 months now, and he hasn't faltered yet.

I had been bugging him to quit for a while, and finally, when we read an article saying that women that are exposed to 2nd hand smoke are 70% more likely to get breast cancer, that made up his mind for him.  I like my boobs too much to put them at risk like that (and so does he).

Stay strong, and use the patch/gum/etc if you have to.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Quit smoking, again. [Re: Liz]
    #5381096 - 03/09/06 12:17 PM (18 years, 24 days ago)

IS he still on the patch?

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Quit smoking, again. [Re: Boom]
    #5381131 - 03/09/06 12:28 PM (18 years, 24 days ago)

No. You're supposed to do the patch in 3 steps. The 1st step is 4 weeks total (2 weeks twice) the 2nd step is 2 weeks I think, same with the 3rd. He only did 1/2 of the 1st step and has been fine since then. He still smokes pot, which I'm sure helps.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Offlinejanelle1502
RecoveringPessimist
 User Gallery

Re: Quit smoking, again. [Re: Liz]
    #5387080 - 03/10/06 07:28 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

There's a book called quitting smoking the easy way by Richard Carr. I read it and I haven't smoked since. It's been about a month now and it was way easier than I thought it was going to be...try it! The only thing that sux about cold turkey for me is the oral fixation. I'm getting chunky....

--------------------
All statements in this post are fictitious.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains