Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMattycelium

NEWBIES CONTEST!!! **winners**
    #535592 - 01/30/02 02:25 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well i have some extra prints that are great for beginners. Seems to be alot of you, and alot ofmistakes happen when you start off, you loss some money from your purchase, but hey you learn from your mistakes, but hell you gotta by another syringe.. Hell we've all been there. Luckly when i started off i ran into a friend after my mistake and gave me a print to give it another shot, well since then i have been eating, sleeping, reading all about these great fruits.

So reply to be put in the contest, and if you please, share some of your first growing experiments. I will be giving out 5 PES Hawaiian prints to the winners. The contest will end sunday feb 10th @ 12oclock will post the results...

And if your that poor bastard who bought that NJ6 from keeper in the mush cult forum let me know you don't have to be put in the contest, i'll give you one...i think you deserve a break!
For you who don't know thats a 90$ strain from keeper, or more like a rip off...

So Let the contest begin and rem while your entering let us know some of your trials...

Syringe Tek for all of you recieving prints, the link below is from mmgg, scroll down a bit you'll see the tek....
http://www.shroomery.com/findorgrowthem.php?View=docs&doc=16#Spores
Also recommend intergrating it with the oven tek...
http://www.shroomery.org/findorgrowthem/captainsoventek.html

Well good luck....

Had to cut the contest short (personal reasons) so the winners are :

tomatofarmer
sillvyr
mickyfinn
kingkc
psyko78626

Congrats to all of you!

--------------------
the cubensis planet is full of magical fruits

Edited by Mattycelium (02/01/02 05:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: NEWBIES CONTEST!!! [Re: Mattycelium]
    #535596 - 01/30/02 02:29 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Woo Hoo!  Im a newbie! :smile:
Yeah Ive been eating/sleeping/living these fruits for a while now, and making them is the best part hehe.

Well, Ive done only one series of 12 1/2 pint jars, only one fell to contamination. Cased them in 3 coco coir casings, and they are looking great so far. Wish I had a digital camera to show em off ...  :wink:

Thanks for the contest dude, you rock!

Edited by angryshroom (01/30/02 02:32 AM)

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #535609 - 01/30/02 02:58 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey man, throw me in there. Here's a pic of my first
casing in the bottom of a 2 litre bottle.

And thanks! The contest ends just before my birthday
so maybe I'll get lucky!

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

OfflineHungryMind
Stranger
Loc: CANADA AB
    #535613 - 01/30/02 03:06 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

im a newb:( and lost all my purchases so could i plz have a print?

Offlinetomldp
Shroomeur

Loc: Europe
Re: NEWBIES CONTEST!!! [Re: HungryMind]
    #535641 - 01/30/02 05:03 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'm no longer a newbie, but I appreciate what you're doing. You just show us what should be the Shroomey's spirit ! Bravo !

--------------------
:laugh: Visit and support the Free Spore Ring Europe :laugh:

Offlinetomatofarmer
enthusiast
Re: NEWBIES CONTEST!!! [Re: tomldp]
    #535650 - 01/30/02 06:02 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

im def. a newbie...lol..:)  i want one of those prints! hell even 2..lol....any i just did my 1st casing and my first 30 jars. they are lipa,and pesa, and the casing is ecudors. i incoulated on the 24. they are at about 40% i think. but i really dont know what im doing. i just read ,read,read and soak up knowledge.i guess i got a green thumb from growing the dank.  :wink:

--------------------
I swear those mushrooms are going on my pizza officer!

Edited by tomatofarmer (01/30/02 07:21 AM)

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #535651 - 01/30/02 06:11 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Would a true newbie such as me even know what to do with a print? LOL.. If it aint already in a syringe I d be wasting your prints.. thats how new I am

--------------------

Offlineretardricky
Loc: hanover park Il
Re: NEWBIES CONTEST!!! [Re: SouthernGent]
    #535675 - 01/30/02 07:18 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I am a newb. I have 12 jars trying to colonize right now only one is showing signs of growth. Its been 2 weeks today.

--------------------
Santa's not the only one with a bag this year.

Offlineflatalbert
MexicanaJalisco,Stamets, andfractals
Loc: One of those corn states
    #535685 - 01/30/02 07:43 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

What a great deal!
Here is how my first time went. When I was 19, I bought a white button mushroom kit, but left the button mycelium out of it. It was composed of 5 pounds of compost and vermiculite. I had a rye grain jar of some magical B+ threads and proceeded to dump it in. It colonized amazingly fast. I followed the directions explicitly, fanning and leaving the lid off, and placed it in my sister's dollhouse in the basement for safekeeping every night. I cased it with the peat/lime mix that came with it. The mycelium poked through the casing and I squealed in delight. I saw my first pin and was eager to yank it off and pop it in my mouth. I didn't sleep at night thinking of the carpophores soon to come. Pins finally came and I promised myself I would be patient. One day, I said "you know, I think I will pick the first flush tommorow". They had become tall and brown and carmelly topped. I went to sleep with visions of mushrooms dancing in my head. The next day, I woke to my stepdad moving boxes in the basement. I found him behind the dollhouse. I nervously offered a helping hand. I took a look at the back of the dollhouse to see my smurf housese dangling wildly from the side, beckoning to me to pick them. I swear he took some direct looks at them as I sweated. He soon went to work and I picked my magical friends. It was a close one. They turned out to give 4 beautiful heavy flushes until the compost was depleted. They found a new home after the dollhouse incident. They gave the most dreamy visuals, just like I dreamt they would be.

Offlinesillvyr

Loc: under a tree
Re: NEWBIES CONTEST!!! **update** [Re: Mattycelium]
    #535846 - 01/30/02 11:49 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hi,
I'm a newbie on my virgin run with some B+ spores from SporeWorks, a print to be exact. I cooked 12 jars, I bought a pressure cooker (4.2 quart), and it took me 12 hours to cook all the jars, they cooled for 7-8 hours. I cleaned my kitchen and used the Oven Tek to create a syringe & inoculate...creating the syring was more difficult than I'd planned. The spores would not come off the paper and I panicked! My scraper just couldn't get them off, and I dropped the paper into my previously sterile shot-glass! I knew that was a mistake.
Have been incubating for 11 days, now and only 1 jar showed contamination as of now. Two others showed absolutely nothing, I opened them yesterday and there was no contamination, they smelled the same as the day I filled the jars--very odd that they were still clean!
I dumped those jars into a woodpile in my yard and some spores that were leftover in my plastic bag from sporeworks--i figured why not, the worst that'll happen is nothing at all... So out of 12 jars, 9 still look ok. I'm incubating in my terrarium, it's insulated in a sheet & blanket. I have a space heater aimed at the terrarium and keeping it as close to 85 degrees as I can. The jars are about 1/8th colonized I would guess. I am flat broke, so I hope this time works out with at least minor success...I saw some absolutely beautiful pics of some fruiting mushies posted in response to this contest--good job! I hope my results look half that good! My babies won't be fruiting for a while yet, hope that doesn't eliminate me from the contest! I'm glad just to have the chance to try again, with some new spores...I'm trying my best, but who knows what will happen... Thanks,Mattycelium, for this contest!

--------------------
The "Little Mushrooms" are but emisaries to the Overmind.....

OfflineMeneerCactus
Ex Operator FSRE
 User Gallery
Loc: The Low Lands
    #535871 - 01/30/02 12:07 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

As a real newbie (just inoculated my first 2 jars only yesterday) I have to react on this. I cannot share a lot because I am trifing on info coming from message boards.

I could not resist trying to was for the jar closing. One way came from the mushmush.nl way and the other I had made a small hole in the lid and placed some aquarium filterstuff ( the white stuff) in it. My first inoculation was easyest done with the second jar, cause I stuck the needle through it and was able to reach 4 side easy in a very short time.

Next time I also will try the way with the 4 small holes in the lid, covered with tape.

Bye the way I am doing it on sterilised Rye put in 720ml jars, not making cakes but spreading it out and covering it with casing.

Love an Peace,
MeneerCactus

--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

OfflineMattycelium

Re: NEWBIES CONTEST!!! [Re: WakingUpLate]
    #536130 - 01/30/02 04:34 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

nice looking flush, what strain is that?

--------------------

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
    #536180 - 01/30/02 05:24 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

hey i'd like to enter your contest, i would post a pic of my work, but im at work right now trying to fix everyones cox services (this really sux!) so many phone calls to get there internet access working, anyways, i posted 3 pix of my one pint jars earlier today thats taken over 2 months to colonize and they arent even done yet, but, i would like to enter your contest! thanx !!!!

OfflineJuggles
old hand
Loc: Massachusetts
    #536181 - 01/30/02 05:24 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I'm a newbie to growing, but not to the shroomery.  Joined this wonderful place last year (in march i beleive) because I was interested in getting into psychadelics.  Man was this place perfect.  I soaked up so much knowledge I didn't know where to start.  I read tek after tek.  Each one with small variances on the previous.  I finally decided on the PF tek.  Bought a syringe.  Counted the days till it came.  Finally it came and I was so excited!!  I boiled my jars and inoculated the jars.  Waiting for the first signs of fluffy white myclium.  But unfortunantely.. none came.  All that showed up in that first batch of jars was yellow foul smelling spots.  But I didn't let that get me down.  I ordered another syringe and tried again.  This time I bought a pressure cooker too and.. VOILA!!  Mushrooms!  16 dry grams of Thai Koh Samui Cubensis.  Yum Yum. :smile: I have since then had one more batch fall to contams and one batch colonize succesfully.  I have my second batch of mushies fruiting right now actually.  Some nice EQs I got from the FSR (Thanks Ralph!)  I think what you're doing is great Matty.  I know what it feels like to have a whole batch ruined and it is allways nice to get reimbursed.

--------------------
---
If sometimes you feel yourself little, useless, and depressed, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions.

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #536279 - 01/30/02 07:16 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks man, It's PF Hawaiian. I had six cakes but my
humidity got fouled up and they wouldn't pin. So I cased four
in one tray and two in a 2-litre. The critters got my big casing
but this one came on pretty good. This and a PF were the first
syringes I ever bought.(Dec.) The PF's recovered after I got my
humidity right but I'm kinda glad these didn't. Can't wait to
see how the PF casing goes. I may stop using cakes to fruit.
This may be a stupid question but, is the PES Hawaiian and the PF
Hawaiian the same strain? If they're not I'll swap you a
print if you want to. If they are, I disqualify myself. Peace

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

OfflineEMM
journeyman
Re: NEWBIES CONTEST!!! **update** [Re: MickyFinn]
    #536287 - 01/30/02 07:25 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

New be me.
My first 4 1/2 pint jars all fell to cobweb
the ones I have now are dehydrated.
Lucky number three may be the one

Some prints would be great so drop my name in the hat

OfflineMattycelium

Re: NEWBIES CONTEST!!! [Re: WakingUpLate]
    #536295 - 01/30/02 07:40 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i was just about to say, well you already have the strain ......

--------------------

OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
Loc: kentucky
    #536362 - 01/30/02 09:03 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I would like to apply
Ive been attempting for about 3 months now, but no fruits.
Unortunately the first month was wasted on a mushroommagic kit
since Iv'e colonized a few jars and just setup my first casing in my terr

Was curious about what do do with spore prints once I produce them though. Being self sufficient would be nice.

I havent given up yet though =)
too much effort at this point
It's like it would be a blow to my character to give in.

OfflineDiMeNSioN
journeyman
    #536374 - 01/30/02 09:20 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey im a newb and my whole family just died in a car crash, then my house burnt down and I caught leprosy, therefore I deserve one of those spore prints :wink:

COUNT ME IN

Offlinepsyko78626
people arestrange whenyour a stranger
Loc: central Texas
    #536380 - 01/30/02 09:27 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Im about to be a newbie, i have a few prints and am gathering supplies, i have a few differents strains already,but would like yours. thanx psyko

--------------------
"If there weren't no humps, there wouldn't be no gettin over" George Clinton

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures