Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Spawning BRF cake to grain.
    #5350049 - 02/28/06 03:50 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

I wanna start my grain grow but I have no spores just 2 cakes Fruiting and 2 almost done colonizing cakes. Everything but the bottom of these cakes are colonized. And one of them bottoms is almost colonized.

I was thinking of either PCing a syringe and then sticking it into one of the holes and shove it into the cake and pull the plunger up to get some myc into the syringe. would this work? Should I have the syringe filled half with water already?

Or I was thinking of preparing the grain quart jars and then Opening them in a ousted bathroom and cutting a peace of and breaking it up and then put it in the grain quart jar and then close it .

Which strategy would be better?  :mushroom2:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Spawning BRF cake to grain. [Re: mikeownow]
    #5350063 - 02/28/06 03:54 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

I've added small skittle-sized pieces to a grain jar and shook then incubated. Colonizes very fast. I dont know if an ousted bathroom would do the trick, especially because thats where you shit and piss right? I just built a glove box in like 15 minutes and I've had it ever since.

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #5350065 - 02/28/06 03:54 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

While none of those steps are ideal for that situation, I would go with cutting a piece of the cake off and placing it into the grains. You'll have a hell of a time sucking up a piece of the cake with a syringe so I wouldn't even bother.

If you have the means to make a liquid culture, that would be your best bet. Drop a piece of a cake into the LC and let it work. You'll have colonization within 5-7 days using this method.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: Spawning BRF cake to grain. [Re: Wronguy]
    #5350114 - 02/28/06 04:11 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

Hmmm now that you mention LC that seems like a good idea.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spawning BRF cake to grain. [Re: Wronguy]
    #5350187 - 02/28/06 04:29 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Wronguy said:
While none of those steps are ideal for that situation, I would go with cutting a piece of the cake off and placing it into the grains. You'll have a hell of a time sucking up a piece of the cake with a syringe so I wouldn't even bother.

If you have the means to make a liquid culture, that would be your best bet. Drop a piece of a cake into the LC and let it work. You'll have colonization within 5-7 days using this method.

Actually, he really wouldnt have to suck up anything. It's quite possible to do a transfer using a needle, its better if you have a bit larger guage, but an 18 guage needle should be ok.

If you just plunge the needle into the cake (after sterilizing the needle of course) you wont need to suck up anything. You'll have a myc "plug" in the needle. You can then inject that plug into whatever medium you have ready for colonization.

Agar uses something similar called a "biopsy needle" for cloning. This works along the same method except you just use a regular syringe. So as long as you keep everything sterile as possible (k3y) it should work just fine.

Just keep in mind this is not the safest proecudure and you still run a higher risk of contams doing it in open air then if you had done it in a glovebox. If i were you id do like wronguy suggested and use bigger chunks of mycellium if you want to transfer to grains. It's not hard or expensive to build a glove box and the little bit of extra work will give you a faster colonization time and make it easier on you during the transfer.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Spawning BRF cake to grain. [Re: coda]
    #5350196 - 02/28/06 04:32 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

Once you build a glovebox you'll always have it and it makes shit a hell of a lot easier. Really cheap to make too the expensive part is the tub which is what, 5 or 6 bucks. Just make one and you won't regret it.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: Spawning BRF cake to grain. [Re: Atheist]
    #5350276 - 02/28/06 05:00 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

Space is limited. I am pretty much out of room with all my tubs. tubs for mushrooming, tubs for meh turtle, 29 gallon fish tank for meh tropical fish. 10 gallon fish tank for meh gold fishes. room for the dieing cancerous dog to sleep, poor doggy. I am limited space to this one room which is not very big. Moldy to lol, no floor insulation is causing mold to grow in the house. I watched a mushroom growing video and they said to Lysol a bathroom which I will oust and then spray bleach water all over it and then let it sit, Then like turn the fan on and let it air out and get naked since my clothes are dirty lol and do my work in that environment.

no room to store a glove box is my point.

--------------------

Edited by mikeownow (02/28/06 05:01 PM)

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

#5351177 - 02/28/06 09:19 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

Well I took a big chunk out of a cake and put it in honey water. I may have accidentally over did the honey. It said that the water would be yellowish when the proper amount of honey was used well The water kept staying clear now matter how much I put in so I pced it and then it was really really yellow orange ish after, hope that doesn't cause complications.

--------------------

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
    #5351206 - 02/28/06 09:23 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

you might have carmelized the honey hinderng it useless

OfflineCubenisseur
Mad Props
Male

Loc: Indian Land
Re: Spawning BRF cake to grain. [Re: c_glidden]
    #5351240 - 02/28/06 09:28 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

lol@ naked mycologist!

Offlineke1n
Stranger
Male

Re: Spawning BRF cake to grain. [Re: Cubenisseur]
    #5351883 - 03/01/06 12:23 AM (18 years, 22 days ago)

why dont u just make some myco water?

--------------------

Everything that is posted, including pictures and text, are a result of fictional storytelling using images found online and/or created using the latest graphics software. I am a fictional writer who likes to explore the internet world.
------------------------------------

http://www.adobe.com/

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds