Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethevoiceinurhead
Stranger
prescription drugs and hallucinogenics
    #5345870 - 02/27/06 03:40 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Okay so I?m on a few prescription drugs and I was wondering how they would affect my psilocybin experience, LSD experience, salvia experience and most hallucinogenic experiences. Currently I am taking 100 mg of Zoloft for OCD, 150 mg of Trileptal as a mood stabilizer and 2mg of Risperdal for delusions. I am diagnosed with OCD and schizoaffective disorder and I?m aware that the use of hallucinogenic drugs may in fact make my symptoms worse. I was wondering how these medications might affect my experience. I know that the Zoloft (SSRI) will make it less intense and I know Risperdal (anti-psychotic) could dull or even stop a trip on any of these drugs. I?ve heard of schizophrenics that take their Risperdal to end bad trips and that it doesn?t affect the trip unless they take the medicine while tripping or right before. Anyone know of the possibilities while on these drugs? Could there be any bad effects like Serotonin Syndrome? Will it make my delusional thinking worse? Any help is appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHtownCattleranch
Herper
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Houston
Re: prescription drugs and hallucinogenics [Re: thevoiceinurhead]
    #5346214 - 02/27/06 04:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

With your current conditions I really don't think you will benefit from a "trip". In fact it could set off an episode for you that may take a long time to recover from.
DO NOT TAKE SCRIPS AND HALLUCINOGENS! You could black out and do crazy things.
If you are intent on using then let me tell you to invite a good friend over and he/she would be the designated tripper. The sober one there to make sure things don't go to far.
I can tell you from experience that I took my regular (@ the time) Ambien for insomnia while tripping and I blacked out and I will sum it up by just saying it's not a good idea especially if you tend to be mentally unstable.
Best of luck

--------------------
JUST BANG IT OUT!

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #5346247 - 02/27/06 05:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Zoloft is an SSRI, and as such, will greatly diminish the strength of any trip. The Risperidol is as you say, an anti-psychotic, and will by itself probably prevent any psychedelic experience. Combined with the Zoloft it's almost sure to prevent it.

The fact you're on medication suggests that perhaps you don't enjoy your mental condition (who would?). Taking psychedelics would be like playing Russian Roulette and pulling the trigger even though you knew the bullet was in the chamber. If you trip, even once, I can almost guarantee that your condition will be seriously worsened. Not to mention that in order to trip in the first place, you would have to go off your medication for weeks, which I'm sure would be unpleasant for you and your loved ones.

Please, use some discretion and have some respect for your body. Psychedelics have a lot to offer, but there ARE alternatives! I would recommend you seek an alternative.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineCutter
other side guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oh Yeah land
Re: prescription drugs and hallucinogenics [Re: dblaney]
    #5346318 - 02/27/06 05:31 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Don't take psychoactive drugs with schizophrenia!
http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/24317

Trip land can be a nice place to visit, but for you it would be a never ending hell, why do you want to trip anyways?
Isn't having schizophrenia enough of a reality break?

Offlinethevoiceinurhead
Stranger
Re: prescription drugs and hallucinogenics [Re: Cutter]
    #5346346 - 02/27/06 05:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

What alternatives are you talking about, there are none. What are scrips? As for schizophrenia, I've never had any hallucinations before. All I have is delusional thinking. I don't think it's that big of a reality break. I've just been curious as to what it's like to hallucinate. I would like to be off my medicine, it's funner that way anyways. My life is boring to begin with and it doesn't affect me that bad. The reason I'm not is because I'm still living with my parents and they watch me take the pills. I don't take all the pills everyday, I usually can hold a few under my tongue everyday and I dispose of them later. Idk, I guess I've just always wondered what it's like to trip since my brother and friends enjoy it so much.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #5346957 - 02/27/06 08:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It's a fascinating experience, but it isn't worth losing your sanity, permanently for it. A psychedelic experience often includes visual distortions, but far and away that is not the bulk of the experience. The important part of it IS mental, it changes the way you think. If your thought processes are already effected from whatever you take the pills for, then that's a very good reason not to trip. In fact, you may already know what it's like but not realize it.

If you choose to trip regardless of what we're telling you, there is a very real likelihood that you will end up in a mental asylum for a long time. So you need to ask yourself if that's worth a few hours of seeing colors.

A sensory deprivation tank is another method of hallucinating, that is far safer than psychedelic drugs. You should look into that.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinethevoiceinurhead
Stranger
Re: prescription drugs and hallucinogenics [Re: dblaney]
    #5347211 - 02/27/06 09:14 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

okay well thanks for the help and sorry if I came off kind of mean. I guess I won't trip unless I some how recovered. I look into that sensory deprivation tank though, thanks for the help

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds