Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHUBSonDUBS
Male User Gallery

VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why?(NOT B/C OF DEHYDRATOR)
    #5335919 - 02/24/06 08:02 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

So ive always grown BRF shrooms and potency was def. there and i stepped up to growing with hpoo wow the shrooms were huge (B+) but potency is almost nothing i ate a 1/4 dry and felt almost nothing. Why is this my brf shrooms were much more potent?***ALSO I USED A FOOD DEHDYRATOR FOR THE FIRST TIME SET AT 135 DEG????????*********

--------------------

Edited by HUBSonDUBS (02/25/06 03:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTeknos
keyboardcriminal
 User Gallery

Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: HUBSonDUBS]
    #5335929 - 02/24/06 08:05 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Two reasons that come to mind.. you've eaten shrooms recently and have built up a tolerance. I find it takes about a month for my tolerance to go back down. or maybe you let them get grow longer, get bigger, and picked them after the veil breaks. I found that i noticed a drop in potency when I let that happen. I cant say for sure but thats the first things that came to mind

OfflineHUBSonDUBS
Male User Gallery

Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: Teknos]
    #5335938 - 02/24/06 08:09 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

No its not a tolerance some of my friends had never shroomed and i let them have some and still they haven't shroomed and i haven't eatn shroooms for about a month but yes i let them grow for another 3 days after the vield dropped and the caps got wavy

--------------------

OfflineTeknos
keyboardcriminal
 User Gallery

#5335969 - 02/24/06 08:23 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

yea I had some that I let open up, and about 3 of us ate 3.5g each and no one felt anything....

Offlinekrill
absolute gonzo
Male

Loc: mars hotel
Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: Teknos]
    #5336082 - 02/24/06 09:02 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Teknos said:
Two reasons that come to mind.. you've eaten shrooms recently and have built up a tolerance. I find it takes about a month for my tolerance to go back down. or maybe you let them get grow longer, get bigger, and picked them after the veil breaks. I found that i noticed a drop in potency when I let that happen. I cant say for sure but thats the first things that came to mind

uh... that's bullshit my man.
i've been growing cakes since the tail end of the 90's...
i can eat 1-2 grams (or more)and trip myy fucking ass off
then turn around and do it the next night.
there is an issue of tolerance to consider,
but this isnt what Hubs is talking about...

this is what i've always feared about bulk
(and i'm in the middle of my first poo/spawn run now)
you can say what you want, but gram for gram - my cake grown shrooms have ALWAYS, A L W A Y S dusted anything else in town.
and thats no shit.

Hubs...
i feel your pain and i hope i'm not asking the same question in a month or two.

--------------------
"DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND.  IT IS REALITY THAT IS MALFUNCTIONING." - Robert Anton Wilson

NO LEFT TURN UN-STONED

Offlinekrill
absolute gonzo
Male

Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: krill]
    #5336092 - 02/24/06 09:05 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

example...

the other day i laid 3 grams of my cake grown shrooms on a buddy of mine. he's young and inexperienced w/ psychedelics

he ate 2 dry (dessicated) grams the first night and fried his ASS OFF!

the VERY NEXT NIGHT he took the remaining ONE GRAM
powdered it and used the lemon juice shot method
and tripped 2-3 times HARDER than the night BEFORE!!!

on TOP of all this...
these shrooms were harvested last summer
and have been presereved ever since.

tolerance is a mundane detail.

--------------------
"DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND.  IT IS REALITY THAT IS MALFUNCTIONING." - Robert Anton Wilson

NO LEFT TURN UN-STONED

Offlineskeletor
the dude
Loc: heaven on earth
    #5336099 - 02/24/06 09:08 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

well everyone is different maybe YOU can trip every night but not everyone. anyhoo the dehydrator could be your problem, think about it. what variables did you change then you should narrow down what the problem was. most people swear by poo so unless you got some freak poo...

--------------------
im sorry about your mother. She was a terrible attrative woman.

Get back to nature; hunting burgers and gathering fries.

Offlinekrill
absolute gonzo
Male

Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: skeletor]
    #5336118 - 02/24/06 09:12 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

i agree w/ Skeletor on the heat issue

135 degrees IS a BIT much.
it doesn't get that hot in nature, so...

and, i can't trip every night.
my point is, no one should be able to eat enough Shrooms that you can't get off when you eat them.

even with pyramid dosing LSD...
youcould go every night for a week and STILL GET SOMETHING OFF OF IT.

--------------------

NO LEFT TURN UN-STONED

InvisibleRickster
El Conquistador
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
    #5336249 - 02/24/06 09:59 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

I'm sure I have seen on this website and many others HEAT Kills The active chemical in mushrooms. Try killing the heat in the dehydrator and let them dry naturally!

......but then again I'm sure I could be wrong!...and I was wrong!

Edited by Rickster (02/24/06 10:10 PM)

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: Rickster]
    #5336275 - 02/24/06 10:09 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

I recenlty read a thread where some of the more experienced growers on shroomery said that anything at i believe 135 degrees or lower should not lower potency to the extent of anything near noticable. So I dont think it was the dehydrator being that most people use dehydrators many times at that same temp and never have any problems. Maybe it was just a bad batch, weak spore genetics...? Where these prints you made yourself or clones?

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: Akira]
    #5336843 - 02/25/06 01:29 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

psilocybin has a melthing point of 400 F.  Drying your shrooms at 200 F will not affect your potency one bit.

You most likely generated a shitty substrain, it happens, you're not the only this has happened to.  Just start up a new grow and go at it again, its dissapointing yes, but once you get yourself a good strain on poo you'll see why BRF just doesnt compare.
BRF = OK
Poo = Grab you by the balls and squeeze :laugh:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: coda]
    #5336851 - 02/25/06 01:33 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

>>Poo = Grab you by the balls and squeeze<<

Then drag you around....... :grin:

--------------------

OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: agar]
    #5336860 - 02/25/06 01:36 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Yes, for the millionth time on these forums. Food dehydrators do not ruin potency111!!!1one one!!!1!1

If heat above 135?F ruined potency, then how would you explain making shroom tea? Oh.. that's right.. it doesn't.

OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vermont USA
Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: Blek]
    #5336960 - 02/25/06 02:04 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

although psilocybin and related compounds have high breakdown temps, isn't it entirely dependant on the presence of oxygen?
Oxidization is what make shrooms les potent, that's why you don't want to bruise your mushrooms all up, as it breaks down the molecular structure of the shroom, thereby forcing oxygen onto the psilocybin and stuff.
why do you guys think that shrooms are always recomended to be stored in AIR TIGHT containers? and what about that guy who made that tek on replacing the air in shroom storage containers with fridge coolant?

the dehydrator is what fucked you over man. a very high temp (compared to the temps in the shrooms life cycle) broke down the shrooms while drying.

The dehydrator didn't just dry your shrooms, it 'melted' (in a sense) your shrooms while exposing them to massive amounts of oxygen, and then dried them out.

Where did all the smart people go?  :confused: :stars:

Fan dry your shrooms next time. Although it increases air flow around the mushies, they aren't being broke down on a molecular level, because your house (with the air current) isn't going to be 135F!

peace

--------------------
Did your grow fail, and now your out of spores? Problem Solved. Check out my CakeSaver Tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5236115/an/0/page/0

OfflineDelinquentes
TIMMMAYYYYYYY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hidin' in a bowl of rice
Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: NESpores]
    #5337105 - 02/25/06 03:29 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Jesus...not this debate again?

How do you old timers put up with this?

--------------------
"The price of meat has just gone up,
and your old lady has just gone down!" ~~ Zappa

Click Here for a ghetto ozone generator Tek.

Want to learn more about ozone as a bacteria killer?  Click Here

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: NESpores]
    #5337142 - 02/25/06 04:23 AM (18 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

NESpores said:
although psilocybin and related compounds have high breakdown temps, isn't it entirely dependant on the presence of oxygen?
Oxidization is what make shrooms les potent, that's why you don't want to bruise your mushrooms all up, as it breaks down the molecular structure of the shroom, thereby forcing oxygen onto the psilocybin and stuff.
why do you guys think that shrooms are always recomended to be stored in AIR TIGHT containers? and what about that guy who made that tek on replacing the air in shroom storage containers with fridge coolant?

the dehydrator is what fucked you over man. a very high temp (compared to the temps in the shrooms life cycle) broke down the shrooms while drying.

The dehydrator didn't just dry your shrooms, it 'melted' (in a sense) your shrooms while exposing them to massive amounts of oxygen, and then dried them out.

Where did all the smart people go?  :confused: :stars:

Fan dry your shrooms next time. Although it increases air flow around the mushies, they aren't being broke down on a molecular level, because your house (with the air current) isn't going to be 135F!

peace

No offense, but that whole statement didn't make too much sense. If oxygen is what causes the loss of potency, then wouldn't fanning them be worse than using a dehydrator, being that fanning them takes longer to dry and therefore exposes them to more oxygen?

Also, there have been other threads about heat and it's effects (or lack thereof) on potency. His shrooms certainly weren't "melted" in any way. I've been using my dehydrator now for awhile now and have had the temps as high as 155F without any noticeable loss in potency.

Shrooms can have different potency from flush to flush, cluster to cluster, shroom to shroom. It's just nature. Try again.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinerequiem99
Stranger
Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: Delinquentes]
    #5337150 - 02/25/06 04:27 AM (18 years, 26 days ago)

I just tried to trip off shrooms I grew myself using the PFTEK method with BRF/Verm (Koh Samui strain) and even a fairly good dose for me (1.4g dried grams ground into grapefruit juice) did barely anything at all to me. They blued a little from handling but not bad, and were fan dried for 18 hours after picking (down to about 65 percent dry based on weight). Should eating an eighth of BRF shrooms give you a level 3 trip if your tolerance for shrooms is TYPICALLY 3.5 for a level 3? (For reference, 1.3g in grapefruit juice is stronger than 3.5 straight up for me).

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

#5337249 - 02/25/06 07:10 AM (18 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

HUBSonDUBS said:
So ive always grown BRF shrooms and potency was def. there and i stepped up to growing with hpoo wow the shrooms were huge (B+) but potency is almost nothing i ate a 1/4 dry and felt almost nothing. Why is this my brf shrooms were much more potent?***ALSO I USED A FOOD DEHDYRATOR FOR THE FIRST TIME SET AT 135 DEG????????*********

Not all horse poo is created equal. Was yours fresh and then leached? Or was it well aged? Was it full of white flecks of organisms known as firefang?

These are all things you need to consider when looking for horse poo. I always look for the most white I can find.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: Delinquentes]
    #5337356 - 02/25/06 08:32 AM (18 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Delinquentes said:
Jesus...not this debate again?

How do you old timers put up with this?

We just ignore those who won't listen.
People still think dehyrators are bad cause someone said so... a long time ago, and everyone else kept repeating it.
Keep in mind... some people still think the earth is flat, the sun revolves around the earth, and the people of democratic governments are free!

Go figure!  :smile:

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: VERY low potency from hpoo shrooms why? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #5337446 - 02/25/06 09:29 AM (18 years, 26 days ago)

Yeah I really disagree with anyone who says that dehydrators lower potency and I've never even tried using one! I say this on the basis that "many" people here have been using dehydrators to dry their mushrooms and have not ever had this problem......It doesnt make sense, otherwise EVERYONE would have complained about this problem, but mysteriously no one has...  :confused:

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate