Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineinv3rse
OP-4Warez/0day-warezon Rizon
Male

Loc: Denver, CO
Rainbow Gathering...
    #5334167 - 02/24/06 06:17 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I met this guy last summer at my old apartment building who was pretty cool and liked to puff dank*...anyways he would tell me story after story about his journey out on the U.S. Roadways as a backpacker. The most interesting stories he had were all from past Rainbow Gatherings. He would explain how massive amounts of people are joined as one and how they help one another and treated everyone with respect. Another interesting aspect he explained was that there was really no need for money. He said trades are more common at the gatherings, as money just reminds us of the negative financial boundaries that usually occur in our everyday lives. Instead of money being used to purchase "goods" at these gatherings, trades are taken instead.

The stories my buddy told me were just so "unreal", I have decided to experience one myself. Luckily, this year (2006) the Rainbow Gathering will be in Colorado! woohoo! So not too much traveling for me. lol. I just wanted to know if anyone else knows about the gatherings and if so, how was our experience? I was thinking of establishing a "shroomery" circle at the gathering, but they don't allow "chemicals" or "hard drugs" at the gatherings. IMO shroomies are not a "hard drug" and they aren't just "chemicals"(in a way I guess). feedback?

--------------------
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or
insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

"Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a main era - -the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run, but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant."

Hunter S. Thompson.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Rainbow Gathering... [Re: inv3rse]
    #5334181 - 02/24/06 06:40 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I've been interested in checking out a Rainbow Gathering ever since a really nice guy with an accent I could never place told me all about a few he went to at a festival up here in Alaska last August.

(Err, that is he told me at the festival about him going... meh I'm tired)

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Loc: smokey mountains
    #5334254 - 02/24/06 07:46 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

At the Rainbow Gathering do what you want, don't thread on other peoples shit.

If you want to smoke some blow do it in the privacy of your tent. They don't allow drinking some places ie main fire, etc. Shrooms and LSD are present on the same level as a Hersheys bar. They take care of there people too tripped out or with cut feet etc.

I'll probably camp out a few days, I'm not a whole weeker. Be ready to experience some of the most far out people you have ever met. Remember this is a counter-culture gathering.

I would type "rainbow gathering story" into google or something and read for a while.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
    #5334256 - 02/24/06 07:46 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

inv3rse said:
I was thinking of establishing a "shroomery" circle at the gathering, but they don't allow "chemicals" or "hard drugs" at the gatherings.

That's bullshit. You aren't supposed to bring anything like that, but LSD is always there in full force and is usually supplied by "family", more often than not it comes from the Silver Family. They always have the best, but imitators are everywhere! Colorado would be a great place to go to your first gathering! As opposed to Ocala, Florida, where it's shady and very unfamily like. When is the gathering, this year?

--------------------

:murray:

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Loc: smokey mountains
Re: Rainbow Gathering... [Re: blissedout]
    #5334266 - 02/24/06 07:52 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah if they said bring dope. The DEA would shut down the place - just like a RAVE.

They mean, we're going to say don't bring dope, but you hide it really well and bring it share it, and then no one says anything else about it when you get there.

I would not plan on selling anything.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
Re: Rainbow Gathering... [Re: rawtoxic]
    #5334270 - 02/24/06 07:55 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, save the selling for Panic lots.;)

--------------------

:murray:

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
    #5334285 - 02/24/06 08:01 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'll see you there :grin:

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #5334319 - 02/24/06 08:16 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:That's bullshit. You aren't supposed to bring anything like that, but LSD is always there in full force

I have a feeling that they don't consider LSD a "hard drug". Yeah, I'd love to go to one of these one day. It's good to hear that they still have them.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #5334428 - 02/24/06 09:45 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I don't believe they've announced the date yet.

But I live in Denver as well and might attend, depends on school and other things. There's a few other Colorado shroomerites that I'm sure are planning on going.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

Re: Rainbow Gathering... [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5334483 - 02/24/06 10:17 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I plan on attending this year.

I went to cali04 in the modoc national forest, and it was a blast. While it wasn't all love and light, most everyone I met was pretty nice, and I saw a minimum of shady shit go down. Food was plentiful, and even though I came in with about two weeks worth of food for myself, (just in case) I ended up donating it all due to the fact good food is so obtainable all day/night.

As for shrooms and acid, while I didn't see a whole lot of the latter, both were present, and traded and consumed out in the open. I only partook a mild dose of shroom one night there, (from my own stash) and shared or traded the rest. Mostly I just wandered around day and night, and chatted with different people on a myriad of subjects.

Overall the vibe was good, especially as one travels furthur away from the parking lot, as that is where it seemed most of the shadiness and excessive drug and alcohol use went down. I will say one should watch their shit to some degree wherever you are though, as there were plenty of thieves and scammers all over.

--------------------
µgrammar

OfflineShattrdHarlequin
Stranger

Re: Rainbow Gathering... [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #5334520 - 02/24/06 10:34 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

The National Gathering is always the week surrounding the 4th of July
I also attended '04 in California and had a good time..... As has been said there are shady folks.... but there are also a lot of very good people.....
Lucky for us Colorado kids the gathering is nice and close this year.... I really have no excuse not to go..... unless Cheese does the 4th at Red Rocks
Any information you need should be obtainable at www.welcomehome.org

Offlinemediman0078
Stilllooking.....

Loc: Here, there, EVERYWHERE
    #5334522 - 02/24/06 10:35 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'm planning to go for at least a couple days. It'll depend on where they decide to have it as to how long I hang around. PLus, that'll give me a chance to go visit my dad in Aurora. Haven't seen him in quite a while.

--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Offlineinv3rse
Male

Re: Rainbow Gathering... [Re: mediman0078]
    #5334636 - 02/24/06 11:24 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well it seems that there are more ppl interested in the gatherings than I first thought. I thought I would have to bump this thread to get a response...lol. If anyone here at the Shroomery will be attending this year's gathering in Colorado please PM me. I would like to coordinate a Shroomery circle at the Rainbow Gathering. It'll be cool, so let me know, not sure exactly about details.

--------------------

"Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a main era - -the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run, but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant."

Hunter S. Thompson.

OfflineAnarchysAvatar
Evil-MindedBreakdown
Male

#5334649 - 02/24/06 11:29 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

My sister has been going to these for years. She's a big time hippie and her husband is on one of the family councils or something. She's been trying to drag me along for years, but I'm a punk, not a hippie, so I wasn't sure how I'd be received. :wink:

--------------------
"Every Revolutionary Was Once Considered An Enemy"

Anarchy's Avatar - Out

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

Re: Rainbow Gathering... [Re: AnarchysAvatar]
    #5334661 - 02/24/06 11:35 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sure you'd be received just fine, as there is a large gutterpunk representation from what I have seen. Those dudes must do a lot of spangin' to afford them fancy boots they all have.

--------------------
µgrammar

OfflineShattrdHarlequin
Stranger

#5334674 - 02/24/06 11:41 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, there are tons of "punk" type kids at the gathering from what I have seen.... its certainly not just "hippies"

OfflineAnarchysAvatar
Evil-MindedBreakdown
Male

#5334681 - 02/24/06 11:43 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I was thinking about going this year. Bus tickets are cheap, I haven't seen my sister in forever, and I'd get to spend an entire week totally out of my head.

--------------------
"Every Revolutionary Was Once Considered An Enemy"

Anarchy's Avatar - Out

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

Re: Rainbow Gathering... [Re: AnarchysAvatar]
    #5334732 - 02/24/06 12:07 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I doubt you'll regret it.

The gathering is a great way to spend a few weeks well fed in the forest. I'm hoping to do like a month out there this year, and maybe a little more in the surrounding area. Man, I'm getting pumped already!!!!

--------------------
µgrammar

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

#5337481 - 02/25/06 09:46 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

bump.

--------------------
µgrammar

Offlineinv3rse
Male

#5341330 - 02/26/06 02:55 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

bumperz

--------------------

Hunter S. Thompson.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale