Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
I always get the feeling I was a generation too late for psychedellics
    #5333835 - 02/24/06 12:55 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Does anyone else know what I mean by this?

Was I part of the generation before mine, I would have lived through the heyday of the counter-culture movement, the saturation of the nation (like so very much blotter paper) with LSD, the almost mainstream topic of psychedellic drug use and enlightenment.

But, being born when I was... it took me 18 years of my life to even learn how to get ahold of mushrooms... and I had to grow them myself. LSD is hard to come by unless you've made the right friends, mescaline must be self-made by an involved (but fun) extraction process. Mainstream society brands psychedellic drug users as a notch or two above the insane. There is no flourishing culture of accepted use of psychedellics. There are pockets everywhere, but no real significant culture that wields much power.

We don't come together en-masse to voice our opinions and excercise our rights. We may participate in our own communities, but we're no longer a nationwide presence, more like a conglomerate of somewhat affiliated local societies.

Oh, to think of what I've missed out on :frown:

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: I always get the feeling I was a generation too late for psychedellics [Re: Konnrade]
    #5333842 - 02/24/06 12:58 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

No.

im starting a new revolution.

you are just in time.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I always get the feeling I was a generation too late for psychedellics [Re: sui]
    #5333846 - 02/24/06 01:00 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

If you ever need a chemist...

:wink:

--------------------

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: I always get the feeling I was a generation too late for psychedellics [Re: sui]
    #5333849 - 02/24/06 01:02 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

honestly, tripping on Haight street in SF. Made me realize how possible it is. Honestly.

People want it.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

OfflineAshland
Space Cowboy

Loc: North America
Re: I always get the feeling I was a generation too late for psychedellics [Re: Konnrade]
    #5333850 - 02/24/06 01:02 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

I think in a couple of decades there'll be a new drug-culture/music movement like the hippies of the 60s.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

#5333856 - 02/24/06 01:04 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

its closer than you think.............

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #5333861 - 02/24/06 01:07 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Create what you want. Use psychedelics like they mean something to you.

We can do it. Hell they never really accomplished much back then. Perhaps we could actually do something, but if not, who really cares, we can always exchange stories.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: I always get the feeling I was a generation too late for psychedellics [Re: mecreateme]
    #5333866 - 02/24/06 01:09 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

and we have the shroomery, thats such an asset.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #5333867 - 02/24/06 01:10 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

suimush said:

no its not... we dont even vote... you think we are gonan make a revolution? before any revolution starts people need to get off their ass

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #5333872 - 02/24/06 01:12 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

suimush said:

This is what I've believed for a while. The Psychedelic revolution hasn't even started. I'm under the belief that within 10-20 years research will turn up psychedelics that make LSD seem like childs play.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Re: I always get the feeling I was a generation too late for psychedellics [Re: Jadian]
    #5333873 - 02/24/06 01:14 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Jadian said:
Quote:

suimush said:

This is what I've believed for a while. The Psychedelic revolution hasn't even started. I'm under the belief that within 10-20 years research will turn up psychedelics that make LSD seem like childs play.

i believe its already started again, a new movement is comeing.

--------------------

Jimi Hendrix

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5333916 - 02/24/06 01:48 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

To be honest with you all, I sincerely feel that given the opportunity I could make myself a very beneficial person to the psychedellic community.

I've always known I had the capacity to do something great... I just never was presented with the opportunity, or if I did... I failed to recognize it.

But, given the resources... I would love to sow a few acres of land with peruvian torch, bury a shipping crate, and start doing large scale extractions to produce mescaline on a scale that would allow it to be distributed in small quantities around the region.

But that's a pipe dream for me, nothing more. If I beleived it was feasible to actually do it, I wouldn't be talking openly about it :wink:

LSD Chemist would also be a lovely occupation. But I wouldn't dare claim that I intended to be one... I like to dream about it, however.

I'm of the opinion that there are two major circumstances that need to be met for another revolution to begin. Number one is that we all need to come closer together, and unite as a single community that takes part in society as a whole to exert our influence and claim our rights. Number two is that we need to rebuild a network of honest men to distribute the substances to the people, make them available to those who seek them, share them in an honest and progressive manner that can allow others to benefit from their power. If that happens, we may indeed start to see some changes occur.

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

#5333929 - 02/24/06 02:05 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Konnrade said:
To be honest with you all, I sincerely feel that given the opportunity I could make myself a very beneficial person to the psychedellic community.

I've always known I had the capacity to do something great... I just never was presented with the opportunity, or if I did... I failed to recognize it.

But, given the resources... I would love to sow a few acres of land with peruvian torch, bury a shipping crate, and start doing large scale extractions to produce mescaline on a scale that would allow it to be distributed in small quantities around the region.

But that's a pipe dream for me, nothing more. If I beleived it was feasible to actually do it, I wouldn't be talking openly about it :wink:

LSD Chemist would also be a lovely occupation. But I wouldn't dare claim that I intended to be one... I like to dream about it, however.

I'm of the opinion that there are two major circumstances that need to be met for another revolution to begin. Number one is that we all need to come closer together, and unite as a single community that takes part in society as a whole to exert our influence and claim our rights. Number two is that we need to rebuild a network of honest men to distribute the substances to the people, make them available to those who seek them, share them in an honest and progressive manner that can allow others to benefit from their power. If that happens, we may indeed start to see some changes occur.

Go read my post about "What the *bleep* do we know" if you haven't already seen it.  I'll bump it if you haven't, I don't remember if you took part in that conversation or not.  But that's EXACTLY what my goal is.  I'm determined to be part of this revolution and unite the world.

--------------------

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I always get the feeling I was a generation too late for psychedellics [Re: Jadian]
    #5333936 - 02/24/06 02:19 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

I remember seeing the thread title, and being curious... but I don't think i ever got around to reading it.

I'll search for it. :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #5333947 - 02/24/06 02:25 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

if you plan to start a "revolution" based around one that has already happened (that whole late 60's drug thing) then it isn't a revolution. Cultural revolutions aren't something you expect or plan for, they just sort of happen, and then a few years later it's assimilated into popular culture so that it is properly crushed and destroyed. Much like the early 90's grunge music revolution. It was revolutionary for music that encouraged an attitude of openness and honesty in peoples feelings. Oh course within 5 years it's soul had bee sucked dry and it failed like all trendy drug/music revolutions ultimately do. In order to have a meaningful "revolution" people have to revolt in a fashion that the mainstream won't except at first. That way it cannot be assimilated and diffused. It has to be an idea of feeling that only certain people feel, because otherwise everyone latches onto it because it's hip and the meaning is lost, watered down, or tossed aside. So trying to recreate flower power and all that shit won't work because it's just a trendy fashion show...hell look at the wookies who travel around with jam bands..not much enlightenment to go around there, just a lot of shady homeless "hippies".

And what did those few years in the late 60's accomplish anyway? There was some sort of magic back then for sure, but it just never got there. It turned into a fashion statement, fizzled out, and then the world had ten years of disco. Nothing changed. In fact, the hippies were the ones who ended up changing, rather than the system. Most of the old ex-hippies just had families and adapted to the status quo. So maybe drug revolutions aren't the answer? Maybe there's something else everyone is missing.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I always get the feeling I was a generation too late for psychedellics [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #5333951 - 02/24/06 02:30 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

It wasn't really my intention to mimic the counter-culture movement, if a revolution were to come... it would come and just focus on the goals that needed to be acheived. The means would be decided upon as things developed, but they would most certainly be peaceful and cooperative.

At most I would want things to just draw a bit of inspiration from the counter-culture movement. And also to learn lessons from it, such as how to avoid losing the meaning of what you stand for, like some of the "hippies" eventually did.

--------------------

Offlinestayrea
Stranger
Re: I always get the feeling I was a generation too late for psychedellics [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #5333952 - 02/24/06 02:31 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

yes. Depends on the definition of the revolution. Definitely (from my history teacher) a revolution is basically the taking over of the government. And as far as I no, there aint no U.S. Big revolution for psychedelics becoming the norm. Look around, region to region differ greatly. You just gotta group up. We can all reproduce. Now what? We all frolic and play till the next empire falls right? Or psychedelic machine guns tearing down governement officials with super armor and 100x lives.

The law needs to change before this stuff truly infects the mindless/mindful mainstream. Either way you look at it, we got our freedom.

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#5333956 - 02/24/06 02:32 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

interesting. Very well done post.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: I always get the feeling I was a generation too late for psychedellics [Re: stayrea]
    #5333959 - 02/24/06 02:35 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

all people need to do is vote, sign petitions, and make petitions...

thats it!

but do they do it?

before you become the next che guevara, before large marches begin, before the hunger strikes, first try voting
:thumbup:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: I always get the feeling I was a generation too late for psychedellics [Re: stayrea]
    #5333972 - 02/24/06 02:47 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

We don't need a "revolution" so to speak. I'd consider it more of an awakening. People need to realize that seperating each other and everyone being out in this world only for themselves is harmful to our society.

And it's not a drug revolution just because a certain drug seems to evoke these thoughts more than normally. A catalyst is only one part of the reaction, albiet an important part in most cases.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order