Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesocalshroomer
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Ponderings on Myco-Bags (The Next Big Thing?)
    #533164 - 01/27/02 04:42 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Dead Shroom Enthusiasts,

Recently, I'm sure you have noticed the abundance of posts commenting on the (new?) myco-environment bags. Now, I'm not sure if such thigns are new...but if they are, they appear as if they could have potential to become the next big thing in growing mushrooms. Pretty much all of the posts I've seen on the subject have come through experiments with the Sporeworks myco-bags (sporeworks.com), and I'm not exactly sure whether or not other companies do or have offered such a product in the past (I'm a fairly new to the subject of mushroom cultivation...still looking for the best way to possibly grow some).

But like I said, it looks like the idea has amazing things going for it. I mean, what could be simpler than merely injecting some mushroom spores into a bag and letting it sit around (more or less) for a month, and poof, you have mushrooms.

And even at Sporework's seemingly high price for such a thing ($15 a bag....$50 for 4), the few results I've seen seem to point that you can get upwards to a half and ounce (approx: 15-16 grams) of mushrooms off the lifespan of one bag (granted, all experiment results I've seen have been from Sporeworks.com themselves, who happen to be selling the bags).

But if this is true (and I'll most likely try and get a hold of some bags myself to do my own testing), then I think we might have something new to finally replace the laborsome PK Tek that has become the standard in beginner shroom cultivation.

I honestly want to see some comments on this subject from everyone in this forum. And I look forward to keeping up on this thread to see what everyone thinks (proponents and opposers of the idea alike). Thanks!

-SoCalShroomer
"I'm entering a frame bombarded by indecision,
Where a man like me could easily let the day get out of control" - Blind Melon (Galaxy)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesocalshroomer
Stranger
Re: Ponderings on Myco-Bags (The Next Big Thing?) [Re: socalshroomer]
    #533168 - 01/27/02 04:48 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ok guys, here are a couple links to recent posts concerning the myco-bags:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=507866&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=all

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Pictures&Number=527012&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1#Post532251

However, please direct all replies into this thread. Thanks

-SoCalShroomer
"My friends they were few, but to me they were true,
All we were trying to do was to just make it through,
Always though for the future but we shouldn't have cared,
All the best things in life we shared them right there." - G. Love and Special Sauce (When We Meet Again)

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #533178 - 01/27/02 05:04 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I am confused about these bags are they autoclvable filter patch bags with grain in them??

Offlinehippy_lettuce
enthusiast
Re: Ponderings on Myco-Bags (The Next Big Thing?) [Re: dimitri211]
    #533249 - 01/27/02 06:30 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

looks like it

--------------------
F.B.I. got a file on me, set all drug offenders free...

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #533256 - 01/27/02 06:36 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

dimitri.. Workman has extensive posts on the bags.. Just search threads and type bags and you ll see all the research. Yes they are a filter patch bag and I m not sure what Compiler puts in them. I have 4 working and look forward to the results. By the way have you got any hat orders yet? I want to buy 5 or so to help the shroomery out but dont want to buy 12... hope this helps

--------------------

Offlinejag192
Loc: Ilidantia
    #533265 - 01/27/02 06:46 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

they are expensive IF you want them with pre-sterilized substrate in them. They are quite affordable if you just want to use the bags yourself. They are quite simple to sterilize, seal, inoculate, and incubate with sterility if you inject throught the bag and tape over it. it just depends on how much you want to pay to have someone else do it for you.

--------------------
"The man of Tao remains unknown
Perfect virtue produces nothing
'No-Self' is 'True-Self'
And the greatest man is Nobody"

Offlinesocalshroomer
Stranger
    #533366 - 01/27/02 08:58 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

A few questions and points:

I remember hearing that there's about 3 half-pints worth of substrate in the myco-bag...Also, I remember hearing you get about an 1/8 of shrooms off each cake, doing the PF Tek....So all in all, the bag's gonna get you more bang out of the amount of substrate material you use.

Q: Are the empty myco-bags that various spore vendors just bags altered by the vendor to have a ventilation patch...or are they an item you can get out of any botanical or chemical products catalog? It'd be nice to buy them direct froma catalog, thus skipping the middleman, and thus, the price markup.

-SoCalShroomer
"This is a song called Plush" - S.T.P. (Plush - Unplugged)

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #533383 - 01/27/02 09:14 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

We carry the same exact thing for 3.35 cents for 1 quart and 1.35 for 1 pint.

SG I am waiting on 2-3 orders more your 5 and if 2-3 more people order I will buy the rest

Offlinejag192
Loc: Ilidantia
    #533384 - 01/27/02 09:14 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i am not sure of the amount of substrate in the pre-sterilized bags but if you get empty bags yourself you can fit 4-5 pints jars of substrate in one bag. It is a lot. Your yeild will depend on your tek and strain. You will get the most if you take it out of the bags and case it or spawn it to another bulk substrate. That is another matter all together. Never try to guess your yeild until the babies are grown and picked there are too many factors affecting the outcome.

--------------------
"The man of Tao remains unknown
Perfect virtue produces nothing
'No-Self' is 'True-Self'
And the greatest man is Nobody"

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #533396 - 01/27/02 09:26 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I remember hearing that there's about 3 half-pints worth of substrate in the myco-bag...Also, I remember hearing you get about an 1/8 of shrooms off each cake, doing the PF Tek....So all in all, the bag's gonna get you more bang out of the amount of substrate material you use.

Or you can get a bin and put some pasturized straw in them dump 1 myco bag on the strraw and get 80+ grams

Q: Are the empty myco-bags that various spore vendors just bags altered by the vendor to have a ventilation patch...or are they an item you can get out of any botanical or chemical products catalog? It'd be nice to buy them direct froma catalog, thus skipping the middleman, and thus, the price markup.

No the bags are sold as FILTER PATCH BAGS or AUTOCLAVABLE FILTER PATCH BAGS

The come prepared w/ patch and come in 5 sizes that we carry and you can get them in numerous sizes like 15+ feet tall and 3 feet wide they are used mostly by commercial growers in place of using actual logs.

If you buy in bulk they get cheaper we offer them for the lowest price I have seen so far both w/ and w/o substrate in them.

Edited by dimitri211 (01/27/02 09:30 PM)

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #558090 - 02/21/02 12:33 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

dimitri: Or you can get a bin and put some pasturized straw in them dump 1 myco bag on the strraw and get 80+ grams

whats that mean, 80 grams is alot, from 1 myco bag? is this just like hte straw tek or what

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate