Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Busted. Visited by friendly local DEA rep. Here's the story...
    #5316623 - 02/19/06 02:22 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well one day a long long time ago a man is sitting down with his cousin blowing coke. Here begins a relationship of the type that one is comfortable discussing alternative substance usage.

Fast Forward.

That man moves. His new roommate works for the DEA. He thought that this was a great cover, if he played his cards right.

That man cultivated mushies for 9 months. When that certain cousin visited, she talked a lot about her lifestyle that involved an incredible amount of drug use. She described her own grow (greens) operation, and asked for advice. While talking about her fun at festivals, this man decided to offer some goodies. She was amazed to learn of the intricate operation set up. She was bowing down to the "genius" of it all.

Fast Forward.

That same cousin spills the beans. On purpose. Decided that what that man was doing was not only really wrong, but needed to be stopped.

Fast Forward.

DEA roommate of this man is caught between a rock and a hard spot. If the DEA knows about the operation already, and the agent doesn't say anything - agent is in big trouble. If agent does say something, agent looses job (come on, an agent living next to a shroom grow, and doesn't catch on?) - possibly never to find that sort of work again.

Fast Forward

Agent pulls some strings, arranges for fellow agent to come to house and "scare the shit out of" the man.

Fast Forward

DEA comes to house, sits the man down for a long talk - 90% of which was damage assessment and information gathering. The other 10% was trying to scare the man. Man was handed a "free pass" - that is to say, a second chance. DEA finally left, leaving with these words: Understand that you are in our system. If you are caught again, you can be certain we will take your history into consideration. We are already monitoring you.

Well, The man is not sure how much was a scare tactic and how much was the truth - but he is sure as hell not really interested in finding out.

He got away this time, thanks to the fact that he knew the cousin opened the can. He spent a painful 48 hours destroying all cultivation related materials. He did not have time to make proper arrangements for the resale of items such as his AA pressure cooker, 250 petri dishes, 60 + prints, 10 + spore syringes, countless jars and bags, Glove-box/hepa setup, TIT's (multiple), Food dehydrators, etc etc etc etc. Needless to say, the man almost cried at the total waste and disposal 100's of $ worth of eq. He did not even have a voice to mention the destruction of organic substances.

Of course, he knows that is a hell of a lot cheaper than going to court....

So the man is beaten. He is done - he has nothing left to hide.

He is saying goodbye.

To all those who share his passion, he has the following to say:

I did not know what joy and peace I found in cultivation until it was taken away. Too focused on the results, I never stopped to appreciate the wonders that came before. The passion that went the cultivation process - was lost to me until now. When I think about playing with agar, pressure cooking jars, making mixes for substrates and casings....In a very cheesy and corny way, I ache. I miss it all already so much. Fuck the results. I want to grow. I would throw away the fruits (after printing of course) - if I could only grow again. I have ruined that. Opportunity was once knocking at my door, but has now fled. For those of you who are hearing the knock - get up and take advantage of it. There may come a time when you can't - and when that time comes, it will hurt. It will hurt bad. Be safe. Be careful. Be good.

Peace
A'Doobie.

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFootprint
Know it all Knowa
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Busted. Visited by friendly local DEA rep. Here's the story... [Re: ADoobie]
    #5317173 - 02/19/06 05:37 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

:hairmetal: :hairmetal: :crymeariver: :hairmetal: :hairmetal:

:poopbanana:
Good thoughts are being sent your way. You have been heard.

--------------------
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Offlinegourmetgrower
I'ze the milkmanwhat knocked upyer maw

Loc: The Old West
Re: Busted. Visited by friendly local DEA rep. Here's the story... [Re: Footprint]
    #5317338 - 02/19/06 06:28 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well, if you miss cultivation, you could always grow gourmet mushrooms.

It's always good to keep the pigs out of your truffles, unless you're actually growing truffles.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

--------------------
Howdy, boys! Let's get down to business. I got my colt and my schofield, and they's jist itchin to be broken in.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Busted. Visited by friendly local DEA rep. Here's the story... [Re: gourmetgrower]
    #5317544 - 02/19/06 07:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Time will pass. The want to grow will burn strong. Good Luck.

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Busted. Visited by friendly local DEA rep. Here's the story... [Re: KaptKid]
    #5318973 - 02/20/06 09:05 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry about the bad news. Yet another example of why you should never, ever tell anyone. Even a fellow grower today might rat you out tomorrow.

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: Busted. Visited by friendly local DEA rep. Here's the story... [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5319212 - 02/20/06 09:55 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

sorry to hear that, but great post and one day maybe one day when u move into your own house....the oppurtunity will arise again :smile:

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Busted. Visited by friendly local DEA rep. Here's the story... [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #5321848 - 02/20/06 09:21 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I agree move to legal edibles. There aren't enough people growing edibles here.

WB

--------------------

Invisiblemagicbastard
I'm a teapot

Re: Busted. Visited by friendly local DEA rep. Here's the story... [Re: WhiteBunny]
    #5325703 - 02/21/06 08:02 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

totally agree I have to post in Psychedelic forum to get any answers

Invisibleadoseofparn0z
Eye Opener
 User Gallery

Re: Busted. Visited by friendly local DEA rep. Here's the story... [Re: magicbastard]
    #5338132 - 02/25/06 02:15 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Wow man, thats awful. I wish you the best of luck, good vibes going your way.

--------------------
For a reliable vendor with high quality merchandise at a great price, try BBB

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Busted. Visited by friendly local DEA rep. Here's the story... [Re: ADoobie]
    #5347922 - 02/28/06 12:45 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

wait...
so your cousin snitched you out? because she didn't want you growing mushrooms anymore?

--------------------

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

#5348577 - 02/28/06 08:34 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

sorry to hear,youre lucky in a way
why did you toss the pc and dehydrater and stuff that can be used for legal things tho?

--------------------

Offlinerickpsfuckyou
listening to Mozzy
Male

Re: Busted. Visited by friendly local DEA rep. Here's the story... [Re: quiver]
    #5349378 - 02/28/06 01:23 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

you shouldnt live with piggies... or have snitchy rellies knowin about your shit

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate