Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineslamdunk
MexicanGang-Banger
San pedro extraction
    #5296903 - 02/13/06 08:48 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

So I remember some post about an alcohol extraction, but I can't find it at all. I was just curious how other people strain the cactus matter, and how long you usually need to soak it. Last time I let mine soak for a week. But I don't know if that is necessary or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: San pedro extraction [Re: slamdunk]
    #5299209 - 02/14/06 01:21 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

If your going to be using fresh cacti then i would boil them till the liquid goes all frothy and then disappears. But i would watch it carefully so it doesn't overspill and make a mess. After this the solution should be more fluid and less syrupy. To make sure you have all the goodies I would also prob do this 3 times and then filter the solution as much as you can and then boil it down a to a more manageable size. As for leaving it to soak well this isnt needed.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: San pedro extraction [Re: EvilGir]
    #5299993 - 02/14/06 04:48 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jezu said:
If your going to be using fresh cacti then i would boil them till the liquid goes all frothy and then disappears. But i would watch it carefully so it doesn't overspill and make a mess. After this the solution should be more fluid and less syrupy. To make sure you have all the goodies I would also prob do this 3 times and then filter the solution as much as you can and then boil it down a to a more manageable size. As for leaving it to soak well this isnt needed.

Not what they were asking.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#5300013 - 02/14/06 04:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

slamdunk said:
So I remember some post about an alcohol extraction, but I can't find it at all. I was just curious how other people strain the cactus matter, and how long you usually need to soak it. Last time I let mine soak for a week. But I don't know if that is necessary or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Just let it soak a day or so each time. Stop soaking when the alcohol stops getting dark green.

As far as straining I just use a container with a narrow neck(to help keep sediment in the bottle) and pour out the alcohol into a jar with a coffee filter in the mouth. Then just let it drain.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlineslamdunk
MexicanGang-Banger
    #5309890 - 02/17/06 09:41 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ok.. I did this alcohol method.. is the remaining junk supposed to be a little runny? I used about 75grams of dried out p. torch, I try eating about 50 grams of it before extraction and I tripped moderately, do you think it would be safe to consume the whole it now? there is a lot more than I expected, I was hoping to stuff it into caplets or something but since its a little oozey I might have to eat it. Anyway, is this right or has it not evaporated all the way yet?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#5310379 - 02/17/06 12:55 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Sure, you could only have lost material obviously, not gained any. And 75 grams (minus losses, whether small or large) is no amount to worry about.

It is runny and gross because it isn't a 'proper' extract. And, I believe, the mesc is in freebase form. I could be wrong about that. But freebase mesc is an oil, not a crystal. It is also impure.

You might be able to dry it out a bit more, to the point where you can roll it into little gross balls.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#5311388 - 02/17/06 05:59 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I personally prefer to leave it a bit runny so that it is easier to get down. I generally like it to be about like honey. I just spoon it into my mouth and swallow as fast as I can, followed by as much water as I can drink to wash out the taste. I don't like it too thick because it sticks to the inside of your mouth and makes it harder to wash away the taste.

You could try to dry it out more if you wanted. Use a desiccant chamber to draw out any water remaining in the tar. It will also absorb alcohol if any is left in there. I found out the hard way and nearly blew off the door to my oven when I later tried to dry the desiccant back out. HeHe. Anyway, once you have it as reduced as it's gonna get, you can roll it up into little balls that you can coat in flour or something. Maybe even chocolate coat them to make handling and swallowing easier.

I've even thought about mixing the tar with melted chocolate, but I don't think it will successfully cover the taste.

Yes the tar will be comprised of mainly mescaline freebase which is an oil. However, mescaline very much wants to be a salt. So much so that it will react with carbon dioxide to form mescaline carbonate. Also remember what your belly is full of, hydrochloric acid. The mescaline freebase will most likely(I have no solid scientific proof) turn into mescaline hcl when it hits your stomach.

75 grams could be a very large or a very small dose, depending on the strength of the cactus. I don't think it would be more than you can bear, but only you know your body and can make that decision.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains