Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDelusion
Stranger
The neglect TEK... Lighting? Strains? Substrate?
    #529515 - 01/23/02 09:02 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'm planning on growing some mushrooms using the hippie/neglect TEK found at fanaticus.com, I have a fw questions about it.
1) I'm not sure about how much I should light it and when I should light it.
2) I don't know which strains would be best for invitro primordiation. I know the PF/Amazonian strain is the best, but I'm planning on doing 3 different strains and I don't know what to use for the other 2.
3) What substrate should I use, brown rice flour or rye berries?

any info would be a big help.... thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The neglect TEK... Lighting? Strains? Substrate? [Re: Delusion]
    #529796 - 01/24/02 03:04 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Never done hippies tek.
I have some Cambodians colonizing.....and they colonize fast.
Several jars started pining inside the jar without light.
So you might want to try Cambodians.
I have used BRF....and Rye flour....both have treated me good.
I just started doing whole Rye in Quart size jars...yesterday.
So i can't tell you about that.....yet.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinehomage_etd
Re: The neglect TEK... Lighting? Strains? Substrate? [Re: Delusion]
    #529900 - 01/24/02 07:13 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ive tried the neglect tech with PRs and had great results. You should use BRF and remember to pack your substrates VERY loosely, that way the cakes will shrink and give room for yer mushies. I recommend using filter patches on your jars in adition to the dome. Ive had my jars in in the open 24 hours a day. So im asuming they had around 10 hours of indirect sunlight a day. (The caps grew quite large)

--------------------
*shrugs*

OfflineLeGrouper
enthusiast
Re: The neglect TEK... Lighting? Strains? Substrate? [Re: homage_etd]
    #529999 - 01/24/02 09:28 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Use any strain except treasure coast - these do not pin in vitro. As you may have read in the tek I believe Hippie used Golden Teacher and B+. These both work very good. Golden Teacher is also known as Hawaiian at PF. I like Maz's alot. In fact I think PFs, Mazs and Hawaiians are the only three you can order from PF right now. So maybe go for those. But any other will do fine if you like the delivery speed of sporeworks or the selection of hawkseye. You only need to give the jar light for 1-2 hours a day, this worked fine for my friend. He actually used less because he wasn't trying to do the invitro tek, but once he noticed the pinning he figured why not? Just be sure to give light to the bottom of the jar too to get pins there. It is a very easy and productive tek.

--------------------
The above post is entirely fictional and should not be taken out of context.

Ali-G
www.boyakasha.co.uk

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract