Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

First Trip - Trip Report.
    #5291858 - 02/12/06 03:51 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

A Little Background Info.

I didn't get interested in shrooms til about a year/year and a half ago.  I was watching a TV and noticed how some kid was taking them, and how evil they made this seem.  Now, I know the media completely shot the image of Marijuana to hell, so I thought that's what they were doing to this Fungi. 
I went on the internet and just researched some on the mushroom and I happened to stumble upon this site.  I became instantly hooked with all the information and began to read like a mad man.
I always research any type of recreational drug before I put it in my body.  I try to understand all that I can about it and know what type of effect its going to have on me.

Details of Grow.

Strain: Golden Teachers

Grown on: PF Tek, BRF.

Total Dry Grams: 10.  (A little small, but it was my first grow. :smirk:)

Trip Report

Amount taken: 3.7 grams

I woke up early in the morning, around 9AM and had some left over Buffalo Wings for breakfast.  Drank some milk and took my daily multi-vitamin.  Then, proceeded to fast for the rest of the day...I was hungry, but, it would be worth it.
I had that day and the next day off from work, so I just relaxed the whole day.  Sat around, watch a few movies and took it very easy.  I just wanted to get into a calm state of mind.  Around 3 hours left til I dosed, I began to get excited.  I felt that normally jitteriness I usually get when I'm really waiting for something.
I began to straighten up my room and the rest of the house.  I like it be tidy when I'm embarking on something like this.  About an hour and a half before I would ingest my 2.5 grams, I drank a liter of Black Currant Juice for the MAOI effect found at the local organic store.  I got the idea from the massive thread in Psychedelic Exp. forum and thought this would really kick up the trip.  I finished off the bottle and waited for about an hour more. 
I then proceeded to grind up 2.5 grams of mushrooms in the coffee grinder.  Once they were a powder I dumped them into an ounce of lime juice.  (Also, an idea from the Psychedelic Exp. forum.)  They soaked for about 10 mins before ingesting at around 10 PM.
It took awhile to to feel the effects.  So, to kill some time I posted on The Shroomery's Pub where everyone wished me a good journey.  :grin: But, while doing this I began to feel pretty nauseas.  I took a few hits off my bong to calm things down, and it worked. :smile: About 35-40 mins later I began to get that tell-tale body buzz. My head began to feel light and the lights in the room began to seem more bright.  I started to get dressed for heading outside.  As I was getting dressed the visuals really started to pick up. 
I was sitting in my computer chair and just happen to notice my wallpaper on the monitor.  Its a GWAR image with Oderus Urungus and the  band's logo to the right.  I began to stare at the logo and noticed that it was beginning to vibrate.  The image was outlined in colors that were swirling gently. 
I looked up and saw my closet door.  There is a wood-grain pattern on it and that also began to vibrate.  The more it vibrated, the more colors would grow.  The colors seem to split into the primary shades, red, blue, green, etc.  It was almost a rainbow effect, like when you place a glass full of water in front of the window and the sunlight flow through it.
At this point, I knew the visuals had kicked in, so I decided to head outside.  I made my way out the back door and noticed how there wasn't a cloud in the sky and how bright the moon was.  I didn't really stray too far from my yard...didn't know how much they would kick in and didn't want to become lost.  Since the moon was so bright, I could easily make out all the plants, shrubs, and cacti.  It was a great feeling.  All of the plant-life seemed to stand out for me.  They seemed to have an outline in black and the inside parts were pastel greens, blues, and reds.  Almost a comic-book style drawing.  They were glowing as if somehow I can see their soul.
I came back inside just for a few minutes to hit the bong.  After that I began to feel this huge sense of euphoria.  Everything just seemed right in the world.  I felt love for all things living; friends, family, girlfriend, everything.  I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face.  I found my way to bathroom, where I stared in the mirror for a few minutes.  From what I read, most people advise against this...but, I was completely fascinated.  I noticed the size of my pupils, absolutely enormous.  For some reason my left pupil was way bigger than my right. Didn't understand that part, but, oh well.  I noticed my face.  It was changing colors ever so slightly, and seemed like it was made of putty.  Like I could mold into a certain shape. 
But, then I went back to hit the bong.  I think ate 10.2 grams of fresh cubes. (I love the taste :crazy2:) At this point, I believe I was peaking.  The visuals were getting incredibly intense.  Every time I closed my eyes I would see distinct swirling patterns full exploding colors.  Even when I opened my eyes they would be there.  My hearing began to go in and out as well.  I know that "Married with Children" was on the TV in the background.  Every few seconds I would hear them speaking, then it would sound as if someone put it on fast-forward.  All gibberish that didn't make sense, then it just would go back to normal. 
I decided to make the best of it, so I went back outside.  Right about as I stepped out, the visuals took over.  My vision left me, all I could see were cyclones of color.  Just different shades all swirling around each other, up into the sky. They were standing vertically and swirling all around me.  I was brought into this wonderful world of visions and I absolutely loved it.  I don't know if I was really moving my head around or not.  But, in my mind I was looking around noticing that I didn't recognize anything.  Everything was just color.  Pure colors.  Then, for some reason my mind kept flashing to images of growing cubes.  But, they were massive.  Almost tree-like...as if they were growing right out of the ground.
This went on for nearly 2 and a half hours.  Me just exploring the desert backyard, touching everything, really feeling "connected" to everything.  I felt it starting to wind down, and with that, the rainbow images started to appear again.  Everything has some kind of primary colors covering it.  Like I could see the individual light beams that were reflecting off of it.
I came back inside, layed on the couch and reflected on all that had happened.  I looked at the clocked and noticed that it was 6AM.  I had been tripping for nearly 7 hours.  I felt exhausted, but also refreshed.  Like, I cleared the "mental garbage" from my mind.  I was able to think more clearly and just felt so wonderful and alive.  I then, just passed out on the couch and awoke about three hours later with such a great respect for life and all that it has given me.

Conclusion

Well, the trip was 90% visuals.  I thought I would get some of the deep, insightful thoughts that I read people having before.  But, I guess since this was my first time I just let the magical fungi take over me.  I believe once I get more experienced, I'll be able to guide it along and really have some profound thoughts. 
But, this isn't something I'll be doing every week.  Probably about once a month, to two months...if that.  I don't really want to abuse these.  I find that, if I think about the trip I'll really come to some conclusions.  But, if I were to trip every week, then I'd lose all of my thoughts and concentration.
I believe this has really changed me for the better.  Plus, its just a damn fun hobby to cultivate these from microscopic spores.

I had one hell of a time.  :grin: :thumbup:

Thank you to all who answered so many of my questions, wished me luck, and wished my great vibes on my trip.  It helped more than anyone can know.  :mushroom2: :heart:

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Edited by License_to_Chill (02/12/06 03:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrippy_Search
I'm trippin' man
Male
Loc: TX
Re: First Trip - Trip Report. [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #5291901 - 02/12/06 04:08 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

congrats on a good first trip. yeah i trip like once every three months or so.

--------------------

InvisibleJaeger
Dreamer
    #5291905 - 02/12/06 04:09 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Glad you enjoied it!!!!

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
    #5291907 - 02/12/06 04:09 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

hehehe

sounds like that first trip we all anticipated when we got into shrooms

glad ya had a good time

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: First Trip - Trip Report. [Re: Jaeger]
    #5291908 - 02/12/06 04:10 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you.  I did enjoy it...enormously. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #5291964 - 02/12/06 04:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like a hella great trip!!!

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinefathertracy
#1 Douchebag
 User Gallery

#5292008 - 02/12/06 04:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome dude..

I'm just winding up the tail end of a trip today, and right before I read this I was looking in the mirror at my saucer pupils like you said you did. I experienced the same as you did - my left pupil was bigger than my right. I was actually thinking about it right when I came across that line in your report. That struck me as weird..

I'm glad you had a good time and the mushrooms treated you well.

--------------------

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#5292014 - 02/12/06 04:54 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Sweet, I'm glad you wrote this up because I was wondering how the trip went.  Sounds like you had a blast.  Pop goes your psychedelic cherry:grin:

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: First Trip - Trip Report. [Re: TheDude]
    #5292130 - 02/12/06 05:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome, Man!!

I'm happy for you!

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

Re: First Trip - Trip Report. [Re: VirgilKane]
    #5292160 - 02/12/06 05:47 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't have a truly "insightful" trip until about my 5th trip. My first trips were all just very playful. Be patient, it was only your first time.

Glad you had a good time though!

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #5292513 - 02/12/06 07:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Very nice report. I'm so glad you had such a great time.

I'm a bit disapointed that you didn't get to experience that mix of music you said you
had prepared. Next time, do. You'll be BLOOOWWWWN AWAAAAAY.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: First Trip - Trip Report. [Re: FunkyLoFi]
    #5292516 - 02/12/06 07:39 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

hehe...it was the first time to shroom and you did the whole maoi thing and powdered in lemonm juice? Damn you are courageous :p

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #5297302 - 02/13/06 10:12 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

sounds about right for a first trip :thumbup: now that you have one under your belt, and know what they are kinda about, you will be able to explore further and see what else you can do with them. :heart:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #5300918 - 02/14/06 09:18 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well written report, thanks for sharing. Sounds like a good time! :smile:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

InvisibleSrirachi
Mold Hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Fare Thee Well.
    #5305195 - 02/16/06 12:05 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

A great trip report my man, and very wise that you spent the day fasting and preparing your mind. I would not have wanted to see a GWAR poster on my first trip though! AAAGHAHAHAHA! Great grow followed by great trip :thumbup:

Offlinei_have_boobies
MoonUnit Zappa
Female

Loc: in yo mama... jk, your da...
Re: First Trip - Trip Report. [Re: Srirachi]
    #5306727 - 02/16/06 12:31 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

great story! im glad your trip went so well.

--------------------
"A friend with Weed, is a friend Indeed!"

"Why cant we all just get a bong?"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds