Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChrissss
poke smoter
Incubator humidity to high?
    #5291542 - 02/12/06 01:52 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

My incubator consists of a large Tupperware container filled about half way up with water. Then there is a smaller Tupperware container on legs that makes the bottom of the smaller Tupperware container rest right on the top of the water. Both have tops on them and the smaller containers top is sealed with door insulation to keep outside humidity out. So my question is that if the humidity inside the small container (which holds the incubating jars) is at 83-87, is that a problem? I imagine that the humidity inside the jars is greater than 83 so i cant see why it would matter. The temp. inside the small container is a constant 84 degrees. Thanks for the help.

--------------------
http://www.laserspectacular.com/index.htm This is a laser show with pink floyd music. If it comes near you GO! it is amazing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos
Re: Incubator humidity to high? [Re: Chrissss]
    #5291561 - 02/12/06 01:58 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

No, humidity doesn't matter during incubation. If there are any negative aspects at all, it might be that the humid, stagnant air promotes contams. But even still, your substrates are safe inside your jars, so don't worry. However why do you only have the bottom of the tub on the top of the water? Why don't you have the water going up the sides of the tub?

--------------------

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: Incubator humidity to high? [Re: Chrissss]
    #5291562 - 02/12/06 01:58 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

For a short period I used an incubator I made that sounds a bit like yours from the description. The humidity was really high in there and I never had any problems with it. I just had to be careful not to let the condensing water on the lid drip onto my jars. I also was careful to change my water regularly and use plenty of H2O2.

I now use a TiT. It's a far better design.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

OfflineChrissss
poke smoter
Re: Incubator humidity to high? [Re: musher_420]
    #5291586 - 02/12/06 02:04 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the quick posts you guys rock! I have the water right at the bottom of the container because i dont want the smaller one floating at all and since the bigger container has a top, the water being further up doesnt really effect the temp inside the smaller one.

--------------------
http://www.laserspectacular.com/index.htm This is a laser show with pink floyd music. If it comes near you GO! it is amazing

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate