Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
initiating pinning question
    #528982 - 01/23/02 09:50 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

pinning is triggered by three factors:
1. a drop in humidity
2. a drop in temp
3. and exposure to light

question...
how long should this drop in temp be sustained for?
24 hours, two days, until the first pins are spotted?
i am going to set my rubbermaid in my basement to achieve a drop in temp, i am having problems getting my puertos to give a decent pin set and this is my next step to remedy it.

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: initiating pinning question [Re: XAZIA]
    #529047 - 01/23/02 11:36 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Pinning is triggered by several things:

~Introduction to light
~10 degree drop in temp
~Lowered Co2 levels
~95% humidity

The temp drop should come naturally from transferring your casing from incubator to terrarium. Cold shocking is overrated IMO, the thing you should be most worried about is maintaining the humidity at 95 until pinning and keeping a somewhat constant air exchange.
Light too. If your incubator is at 85 degrees...and your terrarium at 75 (which mine is) then simply by removing the casing from the incubator and placing in the terrarium you have already achieved a 10 degree temp drop. Works for me.
I find the most important things during primordia formation is to keep a constant environment inside the terrarium...make sure humidity doesnt rise or fall too much, keep it at the right temp, and have constant gas
exchange (I love cool mist)

question...
how long should this drop in temp be sustained for?

Indefinetely. The casing should go from incubation temperatures to fruiting temps and stay there. 70-77 degrees is great for fruiting P.C.

OfflineLeGrouper
enthusiast
Pinning [Re: ]
    #529064 - 01/23/02 12:13 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

All I can add to what Shroomism as so aptly stated is that perhaps you just aren't being patient enough. Many of my friends get upset when they don't see pins in the first week after birthing and then they think they need to do something when all they have to do is wait. Sometimes it can take up to three weeks before you see a good number of pins and shroooms. Cubensis mushrooms are aggressive fruiters and this is evidenced by the fact that the invitro tek works so well on nearly all cubensis.

--------------------
The above post is entirely fictional and should not be taken out of context.

Ali-G
www.boyakasha.co.uk

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Re: Pinning [Re: LeGrouper]
    #529084 - 01/23/02 12:46 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

well here is my delima (sp)
i have spawned horse dung/straw with seven puerto rican 1/2 pint cakes (brf) directly in a 10 gallon rubbermaid container. it makes abouts 4 inches of substrate. once fully colonized i planned to case with 50/50 and two days after casing initiating pinning (due to aggressive nature of prs) the only way to cause a temp drop is to move the whole rubbermaid container somewhere else, like my basement. but i was sure how long to leave it there just long enoughto get a pinset or what. and thanx for the corecction shroomism on triggering factors.

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

OfflineLeGrouper
enthusiast
Re: Pinning [Re: XAZIA]
    #529228 - 01/23/02 03:50 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

IMHO I do not think you need the casing layer. Unless you have tried horse dung/straw before and are very comfortable with it, casing will only add to the time before fruiting and increase chances of contams. Just like with the Dung Brothers kits you will not need any extra humidity or casing with such a fertile growth medium. It sounds like you are going to have a lot of mush if you pull that off. I think most would agree with me that taking it too your basement may not be neccessary. Just time and light and occasional fanning. Humidity will be given by the substrate and if it dries you can mist or inject water with sterile syringes. Then again I have seen Anno case her horse dung/straw and get awesome results, but I don't think it was 4 inches deep of substrate. Look at the pictures under "Introducing Antonious" in the pictures forum.

--------------------
The above post is entirely fictional and should not be taken out of context.

Ali-G
www.boyakasha.co.uk

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Re: Pinning [Re: LeGrouper]
    #530022 - 01/24/02 09:44 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

well the reason i am casing with 50/50 this go round is i had terrible luck last flush with overlay problems from these puerto ricans, i got fruits but not nearly as many as i think should of been produced using dung, BUT i also made casings using only ONE pf cake to spawn an 8x8 aluminum pan and i believe depletion of nutrients was also a major contributing factor.

--------------------

Bob Marley

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags