Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejason890
Loc: alaska
has anyone really got second flushes??
    #528506 - 01/22/02 07:09 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

ive cased all my cakes and after the first flush ive got maybe 2 or three shrooms out of each casing?is there somthing i should do.all i did after i picked my shrooms and aborts was spray the casing layer with water and put it back in the terrarium,is there some trick to getting them to flush again?
thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineswampTOP
Stranger
Loc: sw fl
Re: has anyone really got second flushes?? [Re: jason890]
    #528513 - 01/22/02 07:15 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

the extra water you sprayed causes rot

Offlinejason890
Re: has anyone really got second flushes?? [Re: swampTOP]
    #528517 - 01/22/02 07:25 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i use water with hydrogen peroxide in it,ive had no problems with mold if thats waht u mean,im not sure what rot looks like,i havent seen naything difrfrent on the casing layer?

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #528595 - 01/22/02 09:15 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

of course ppl get second flushes. how long has it been sense your first flush? spraying the casing will only cause rot if your mushrooms are present, you dont wanna spray your mushies. but if your casing is dry spray it lightly to keep it moist. your shrooms are 90% water and without moisture they cant grow properly. you dont wanna over do it on misting though. your casing may not even need a misting.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

Offlinejason890
Re: has anyone really got second flushes?? [Re: pleezr]
    #528616 - 01/22/02 09:40 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

about a month ago i got a big first flush then about 2 weeks ago i got about 2 to 4 out each casing,and there really not doing anything now.i wasnt sure if you wrere supose to recover with soil or what,i did a little deap scratching on one cake and that cake actually did nothing,so im at a loss,i just read that second flushes are supose to be huge and usally within a week or so and thats not happening with me.have you got second and third flushes?
thanks

Anonymous

#528692 - 01/22/02 10:52 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

When your casing pins initially, it has produced pins for the first and second flush.
The first flush will appear as buttons and these will mature. You have to carefully pick these mature mushrooms off the casing, because the second flush is already present in the PIN form. These will then mature over the next three days to a week+. After these are picked. You may need to patch any holes in the casing layer, with fresh clean casing soil. After the casing recovers and is brought back up to proper moisture content, and maintained in the proper humid environment, new pins will form and mature, and again, and again, and again. Eventually you either get contamination, or the mycelial colony runs out usable food reserves.

The first flush is usually the largest in quantity, followed by the second, the third, the fourth, the fifth, and so on. What sometimes increases from the first flush to the second, third, fourth, and so on, is SIZE of mature mushrooms.
Mushrooms compete for water as they mature, the more mushrooms that are maturing in a given flush, the smaller the over all size tends to be. Later flushes have fewer mushrooms, so size increases. Thickness, and quality of substrate also determine size of mushrooms. The majority of your yield will come with the first and second flush, if everything was up to par. If something went wrong, then a good casing recovery, and subsequent third flush could be your high yielder.

Deep scratching is only neccessary if you are having trouble getting a flush. Trouble related to a sealed casing surface, OVERLAY, or a casing that is peat based and got too dry.
You never want to let your casing get completely dry, or be overly wet.

Offlinefresh357
addict

Re: has anyone really got second flushes?? [Re: ]
    #528712 - 01/22/02 11:11 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

props to teonan

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate