Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering
    #5279620 - 02/08/06 10:04 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering
February 8, 2006 - news10.net

There's a new psychedelic drug invading local high schools that's easy to get but hard to identify. It's making its way from research labs through the Internet to kids who act as Guinea pigs by taking them.

The powerful synthetic hallucinogen called 2C-I is for sale on the Internet along with many others sold as research chemicals.

Kris Zurinksy of Sacramento County found a small bottle of liquid while searching his nephew Eric's backpack. The boy told him what it was and not to worry. "When he finally started talking about it, he said, 'Don't even worry about it. It's not illegal. Lots of kids are starting to do this. It's from New Zealand.'"

"It takes 20 minutes to kick in," the boy said. "You get energy, you want to do something. Things morph and you see colors. Everything seems weird and ironic."

2C-I stands for 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine. Online it's shown as coming in a pill marked with an "i" or powder form but teenagers News10 talked to are getting it as a liquid. "I got it in a water bottle, it was sold to me, but you can smell it. It smells funny," one teen who's used 2C-I said.

The drug and its cousins fall under the Analog Act, which means if it looks and acts like an illegal drug it is illegal. The Internet is a great street corner for the dealers.

The new drugs are so new, their potential for addiction, allergic reactions or overdose threshold are unknown. Chemists working on them switch out molecules to vary the effect, and with no human or animal experimentation no one can tell for sure what they'll do in the body.

Websites that sell the drugs send mixed messages as well. One home page declares them as "quality research chemicals for personal and or business use," while saying in very small print on the disclaimer, the chemicals are "offered for laboratory and manufacturing use only".

Drug enforcement agents say the drugs are so new they are just now beginning to track them down. They say that means parents and guardians need to be extra vigilant. "[In order to get these drugs] you need four things," said Gordon Taylor of the Drug Enforcement Administration. "You need a computer with Internet access, you need a money order or credit card, you need a mail delivery location like a home or post office box, and fourth and most importantly, you need the desire to play Russian Roulette with your brain."

Some Nevada Union High School administrators first learned about 2C-I from the report News10 aired Tuesday (see video link). It made them sit up and take notice. "The scary part about it," said Assistant Principal Bruce Kinseth, "Is that it's easily concealed so it might literally be under our noses and we might not know it." In fact, DEA agents first came across the drug when breaking up what they at first thought was a meth lab in Nevada County.

Nevada Union Principal Marty Mathieson also had some advice for parents to help them combat this new drug threat. He said to know the child's friends, don't hestitate to stay up and greet children when they return from being out with friends, keep alert to their child's behavior, and a child's room should not be off-limits to parents. Mathieson also warned that if a child's friends are partiers, don't think the child isn't with them and not going along with whatever they're doing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: veggie]
    #5279900 - 02/08/06 10:48 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

"The scary part about it," said Assistant Principal Bruce Kinseth, "Is that it's easily concealed so it might LITERALLY be under our noses and we might not know it."

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: DadeMurphy]
    #5280819 - 02/09/06 06:56 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

"The drug and its cousins fall under the Analog Act, which means if it looks and acts like an illegal drug it is illegal."

I wonder which rocket scientist politician thought of this one :smile:  LOL 

Guess what, I define the exhaust from my car to act as an illegal drug.  I guess I can go after the auto industry as being drug dealers.

Its statements like the above that should not only insult your intelligence but makes you wonder how these clowns get into office.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: Lana]
    #5280826 - 02/09/06 07:06 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'd say drug prohibition falls under the Analogue Act

it impairs thought and causes irrational behaviour

let's lock these proselyting legislators up

OfflineCUBErt
Connoisseur ofHallucination
Male

Loc: Southern CA
Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: OJK]
    #5282274 - 02/09/06 03:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

"...and fourth and most importantly, you need the desire to play Russian Roulette with your brain."

:rofl: :rofl2: :rofl:

I am convinced that the DEA agents/spokesmen spend the majority of their time coming up with what they think to be clever and accurate metaphors about drug use.

Guess what? When I get up and drive to school, I am "playing Russian Roulette" with my life, because there is a chance I will get into an accident.

--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: CUBErt]
    #5282732 - 02/09/06 05:49 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I want a job doing that... mine would be fucked up.

"Smoking 'Sally D' (as the teens call it) is like playing a game of Connect 4. But the colors never line up, and the slide at the bottom is broken, so your pieces just fall through."

"Psilocybin (A.K.A. mushrooms) are like playing with a paper fortune teller, with inescapable death written on every flap."

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineCUBErt
Male

Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5282772 - 02/09/06 05:59 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

:rofl:
HAHAHAH! Thats not really a far cry from the garbage that we currently hear from them :P
Keep 'em coming

--------------------
-CUBErt

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: CUBErt]
    #5284083 - 02/09/06 11:13 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Snorting mushrooms leads to a life of prostitution and violent gang activity.

If it acts like an illegal drug, its illegal.
Right!  And only doctors and pharaceutical companies provide the only safe drugs that have been through "rigorous" trials :rolleyes:

Also, it's like these are "new designer drugs".  Bullshit, Shulgin synthesized some of these chemicals decades ago and has played roulette on his own.  Guess what, he's 80 and still kickin'

Remember, the powers that be aren't going to let a little thing like truth or sense ruin their position :thumbdown:

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: biglo]
    #5288163 - 02/11/06 09:10 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

"play Russian Roulette with your brain."

LOL.
what a fucking stupid statement, everything we do in life is playing Russian Roulette, lets have the tv station do a special on "playing russian roulette with your brain when you drive in bad wheather conditions."

fucking ridicouls.

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #5289654 - 02/11/06 06:42 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yep, all you suburbanites, the work place isn't worth it! Don't drive to the city for work, your life is in very real danger!

Something just doesn't sound right.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5289697 - 02/11/06 07:03 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

"Chemists working on them switch out molecules to vary the effect, and with no human or animal experimentation no one can tell for sure what they'll do in the body."

uhhhhhh... what? Someone tell me if i'm wrong... but that's complete bullshit. If they did that it wouldn't be 2ci at all, just one that's similar. I can't believe how stupid this drug war shit is getting. Still ranting and raving saying it's gonna kill us if we try and change our minds by eating something different.. Fuck you DEA, you can eat my :poop:

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: Hrethic]
    #5290062 - 02/11/06 08:57 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Ya this doesn't make any sense in any way. If they said "the chemist (Shulgin) who invented it switched out ATOMS in the molecule to vary the effect..." then it would have made sense.

Plus, as far as "no human animal experimentation", it's not like there is NO precedent for the use of this drug. It's been around a while, although no formal scientific studies on it's health effects have been undertaken.

Clearly this article is alarmist BS.

--------------------

OfflineCUBErt
Male

Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: DadeMurphy]
    #5290466 - 02/11/06 11:55 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Didnt Shulgin test those on himself first?

--------------------
-CUBErt

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

#5290611 - 02/12/06 12:55 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

ya

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#5292088 - 02/12/06 05:23 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Most of the ones currently going around, yes, he did test.

I'd love for there to be more scientific studies on these things. Why doesn't the government fucking DO them? For many, it would prove that they're god damn too safe to publicly post the results. You'd think that otherwise, they'd go ahead and do it. It'd be a major weapon in the war on drugs. But, it seems they only do such things when they can establish that data will be fabricated, like on the MDMA tests. Can't have *that* happen again, can we?

But, I suppose the harm caused by drugs isn't even the issue to begin with. Amphetamine salts is big business in the pharmaceutical community. Care to guess if daily, constant amphetamine usage or occasional psychedelic cause greater neurological changes?

--------------------

OfflineNortherNathan
wanderer
Loc: bottom of the lake
    #6375269 - 12/15/06 08:51 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Koala Koolio said:
Yeah, I want a job doing that... mine would be fucked up.

"Smoking 'Sally D' (as the teens call it) is like playing a game of Connect 4. But the colors never line up, and the slide at the bottom is broken, so your pieces just fall through."

"Psilocybin (A.K.A. mushrooms) are like playing with a paper fortune teller, with inescapable death written on every flap."

ha HA HA!!!!!! for real...
how about some more? i wanna be a DEA guru so i can say stuff like that to all the kiddies....

--------------------
MYSTICISM: the belief that direct knowledge of God or ultimate reality is attainable through immediate intuition or insight

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: DEA Warns of New Psychedelic Drug High Schoolers are Discovering [Re: NortherNathan]
    #6375332 - 12/15/06 09:12 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I appreciate the laugh. :smile:

But this thread is only about 10 months old...

:smile:

--------------------

OfflineNortherNathan
wanderer
Loc: bottom of the lake
    #6378547 - 12/17/06 02:46 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

shoot... time flies doesnt it!

hey you were still looking too tho....  :wink:

--------------------
MYSTICISM: the belief that direct knowledge of God or ultimate reality is attainable through immediate intuition or insight

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale