Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBMArts
Stranger
Hesse and DMT?
    #5273148 - 02/07/06 12:01 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hey... do any of you guys read Herman Hesse?
A few months ago I read Steppenwolf (one of his books I hadn't read yet... I've read a lot of others) and it blew me a way... I read it in 2 days and it put me on a trip that it took me another 2 days to get down from. Truly put me in another reality... crazy.
Anyhow since reading it I've been wondering what could have been in the pipe that the protagonist smokes at the end of the book in the Magic Theater. I don't know if the effects are just made up or what, but after a bit of research I am wondering wether it could have been something similar to DMT... what do you ppl think?

--------------------
Everything I post on this board is pure fiction. Nothing in the post above is real. It is all made up...

May the source be with GNU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewiresandleaves
Stranger
Re: Hesse and DMT? [Re: BMArts]
    #5277074 - 02/08/06 11:26 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

in answer to your first question, yeah i read hermann hesse - am reading 'siddhartha' at the moment, tho, to be honest it's not great (for me at least). It's about buddhism and awakening, which i would find really interesting, but his overly simplistic writing style and the unconvincing plot line gets in the way. Maybe I will try Steppenwolf, sounds a little cooler.

Offlinefunnybunny
Saboten Bomber
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Spain
Re: Hesse and DMT? [Re: wiresandleaves]
    #5277269 - 02/08/06 12:07 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I read some of his works. I don't remember Harry smoking anything, but I remember the end of the book

SPOILER
where Harry seems to experience effects that resemble high DMT doses. To me is it clear that he refers to DMT. The experience itself is a big overwhelming hallucination of a very entheogenic nature: the judgement with Mozart, that kind of armageddon when they kill everybody passing by... but what definitely leads me to think it's DMT is the name of his "girlfriend": Hermine. Harmine is the compound from banisteriopsis caapi that makes the DMT in ayahuasca orally active. Or this can be a coincidence, since I don't know when was harmine discovered  :wink:
END OF SPOILER

Edited by funnybunny (02/09/06 12:19 AM)

OfflineBMArts
Stranger
Re: Hesse and DMT? [Re: funnybunny]
    #5277298 - 02/08/06 12:12 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

funnybunny said:
I read some of his works. I don't remember Harry smoking anything, but I remember the end of the book

SPOILER
where Harry seems to experience effects that resemble high DMT doses. To me is it clear that he refers to DMT. The experience itself is a big overwhelming hallucination of a very entheogenic nature: the judgement with Mozart, that kind of armageddon when they kill everybody passing by... but what definitely leads me to think it's DMT is the name of his "girlfriend": Hermine. Harmine is the compound from banisteriopsis caapi that makes the DMT in ayahuasca orally active.
END OF SPOILER

Yeah I thought it could be DMT.. and he does smoke something. The other guy (the jazz sax player.. forgot his name) who is also sleeping with his girl gives him the pipe when he enters the Magic Theater which is what gives him the trip. At the end (of the book) he gets offered another one (another toke).

i thought sidharttha was a wonderfull book, perhaps you are right that it is oversimplyfying things, but thats not really what the point is I don't think.

--------------------
Everything I post on this board is pure fiction. Nothing in the post above is real. It is all made up...

May the source be with GNU

Offlinefunnybunny
Saboten Bomber
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Spain
Re: Hesse and DMT? [Re: BMArts]
    #5277377 - 02/08/06 12:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I read Siddhartha, Demian and Steppenwolf. The first is... enlightening, the last is deliriant and depressive (I ended up like shit when I finished it), and Demian is a bit a mixture of the other two. Describing them in a single word, they are peace, struggle and chaos, respectively.

Have to try more works from Hesse.

InvisibleMezcal
Re: Hesse and DMT? [Re: funnybunny]
    #5277998 - 02/08/06 03:20 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

glasperlenspiel - his best work... the only drug refence seems to be alcohol... but the subject matter is fairly psychedelic in and of itself.

Offlinepschumach
Stranger
Re: Hesse and DMT? [Re: Mezcal]
    #5317645 - 02/19/06 08:10 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You guys should check out Narcicuss and Goldmund, it's one of my favorites by his (though I could never pick just one, he is by far my favorite author).

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder