Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestebo32
Stranger
Depression
    #5266188 - 02/05/06 01:07 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hey... Im about 18 yrs old... Im really into stuff like Castaneda's books, Aldous Huxley, mind expansion, meditation... Things that increase my consciousness, and help me perceive the world the way it should be perceived.

So... Ive had maybe 8 different experiences with mushrooms, about 6 experiences with Salvia (10x extract), 2 experiences with Sinicuichi, and weed a few times a month. Thats pretty much all about my drug use...

But now, I always seem to have a hard time coming down on mushrooms, even with weed now. Every time I come down, Ill be depressed, still feeling quite a bit out of reality. When its shroom-induced, this feeling of 'having a cloud' over my mind, making me feel a bit depressed, lasts like a week. And I also notice a weird sensation in my 'touching' sense. which also lasts a week. As if when i touch some thing... its not my human hand that touches it, but like.. my soul, or my astral body.

Its been a long time since Ive used mushrooms... But now I am in a depression. I smoked weed while depressed. And it kinda made it worse. So now i decided to stop drugs to see if it helps, until it ends. And Im also the type of person who thinks alot... always needs to find a meaning to everything, even life...

But ... do

Edited by stebo32 (02/05/06 02:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestebo32
Stranger
Re: Depression [Re: stebo32]
    #5266202 - 02/05/06 01:10 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

has anyone experienced this depressive phase while in the come down.. and can depression be caused by drug usage...

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
    #5266205 - 02/05/06 01:13 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Depression blows

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Edited by mikeownow (02/05/06 04:42 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #5266219 - 02/05/06 01:16 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, I sometimes feel depressed upon coming down from shrooming.

But what I try to remember is to be satisfied about 'where I'm at,' not where I've been or what I've lost.

Coming back to reality after shrooming enables you to USE the teachings you might have absorbed while tripping. So look at the comedown as an opportunity to continue your growth, the start of a new experience, not just the tail-end of an old one.

P.S. welcome to the Shroomery

OfflineRemainRandom50
Do You Need ToKnow Me?
Re: Depression [Re: MOTH]
    #5266317 - 02/05/06 01:36 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

thats the whole thing about being in a "good mental state" when doing any pshycedelic, espically mushies. mushies add such a mind fuck IMO.

ive been breaking up with someone at the time, did mushrooms, and just the thought of the break up made the trip horrible not to mention i got amazingly depressed on the come down.

--------------------
At times I get consumed by my everyday life and will leave the Shroomery. Yet, every time drugs come falling into my life for fun.....I always think about the Shroomery and then I'm back!

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Depression [Re: RemainRandom50]
    #5266372 - 02/05/06 01:48 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

every time i do DOB i get really depressed for a couple weeks after, its just something i have to deal with

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #5266381 - 02/05/06 01:49 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

you have to be 18 to be a member! :grin:

o well :tongue:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Depression [Re: XUL]
    #5267043 - 02/05/06 06:36 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

depression is like running in ruts, or being fenced in.
being high on trypts is like lowering the fences or taking jumping steroids, there are few limitations, but when it wears off the fences that corral your
so-called "free thinking mind" are that much harder to get past for a while until your body chemistry stabilizes.

salvia is a bit different, but kind of strange as well. I would be interested if you had anything interesting to report on the matter (of depression) if you stopped all the other substances and just did a bit of salvia every week or so.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Depression [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5267117 - 02/05/06 07:20 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Shrooms always make my emotions much more dramatic when I come down. I typically don't experience depression, but rather a great state of 'I want to be awesome to everyone' feeling. However, that feeling can easily be rushed away with a feeling of worry.
I find it hard to find a state of complete nothingness after a trip. Generally, it's okay because I am in a state of happiness, rather than saddness, but Ive experienced both extremes.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Offlinedumbsnake34
Crazy Dude
Re: Depression [Re: Veter]
    #5267769 - 02/05/06 10:21 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I think that when one trips responsibly, it is a necessity to spend some time post tripping reflecting on the trip. If you trip, you are making an agreement that you will face whatever comes out during your trip and afterwards. If you are not strong enough to face what comes out during a trip, tripping in my opinion isn't for you. Try coke or weed instead. Or better yet, don't do drugs at all.

I think almost everybody I know is depressed. If you really want to improve your situation, do it. If you think that you are ready to face it all, do it. If you are ready to face it all, but don't konw what it is, then trip. Just my opinion anyway.

Personally, I have taken a break from tripping for 2 months now because I had a lot that came out during my last trip. While I want to trip again, I know that I haven't dealt with all the stuff from the last trip. I hope you feel better man. I know this sounds wierd, but happiness is a choice you and anybody can make. It is just a really hard choice to make.

--------------------
mmmm, daydreaming

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
Re: Depression [Re: XUL]
    #5268533 - 02/06/06 05:00 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
you have to be 18 to be a member! :grin:

o well :tongue:

It's ok he edited it! If you didn't see it, it's not illegal. I joined in 02 and I'm only turning 19  this year *shrug* :smirk:

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
Re: Depression [Re: shrooma]
    #5268538 - 02/06/06 05:09 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry for not answering you're question stebo and sorry for the double post, I'm too lazy to edit.

Stebo if your schedule allows take a small holiday to somewhere sacred to you, somewhere free (perhaps camping, somewhere in nature) and stay for a little while. Use this time to do your 'thinking' but try to keep all thoughts positive. Also if you have a dog (or pet) that can come take it, afterall they are man's best (and loyalest) friend.
Continue your meditation, and do one thing that makes you feel good inside (e.g. Send a card to sibling or friend or family member for no reason other than to remind them how much they mean to you).
Finally EAT NATURAL AND HEALTHY, DRINK 2L (8 cups) of water a day, and try to do a bit of exercise each day. Also find someone you're comfortable to tell anything to (even a psychologist or doctor) and it might help to stay off the psychoactives for a little while (i don't like the word Drugs - Society and the Government has put a bad label on it even though they sell tobacco, alcohol, caffeine and pharmaceuticals...)

EDIT:Just wanted to say Good Luck man (or girl if you're female?), just remember it will be a temporary condition.

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Edited by shrooma (02/06/06 05:11 AM)

Offlinebobjones
Male

Loc: Tx
Re: Depression [Re: shrooma]
    #5268879 - 02/06/06 09:34 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

green enhances the mood, it doesn't create one (at least for me)
so i never smoke when im in a bad mood / depressed

--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

OfflineAnimals
Just Danson inthe Dark
 User Gallery

Re: Depression [Re: bobjones]
    #5268934 - 02/06/06 10:21 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Listen to Queen. Problem solved.

OfflineAnimals
Just Danson inthe Dark
 User Gallery

Re: Depression [Re: Animals]
    #5268937 - 02/06/06 10:22 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I use to have depression, I've been feeling really good lately tho. After my trip ends I usually feel down for a few days but not recently.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds